Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Ngannou, the former UFC star is poised to tackle Joshua later in the year.

And after performing so well against Fury, he's confident of beating Joshua.

“I think most likely (I’m) knocking Anthony Joshua out," he said.

“I think that he’s easier to go down than Fury.

"I mean, not that he’s not a strong fighter. He’s a very tough fighter, but he’s easier to send down than Fury, and it’s harder for him to get back up than Fury.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...77fd47b6&ei=89
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

"I mean, not that he’s not a strong fighter. He’s a very tough fighter, but he’s easier to send down than Fury, and it’s harder for him to get back up than Fury.”

Very insightful! What sort of horseshit is that. Dear me, the sport has gone to the dogs.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not gonna lie
    I like Joshua vs. Ngannou
    I would have preferred Hrgovic or Zhang as an opponent
    If Joshua is staying active & this is a filler then I'm chill

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little Anthony "I'M THE NEW BREED OF ELITE HEAVY WEIGHTS" Joshua (LMFAO) is going to get sparked out before the eighth round.

That's how elite his ass is. And once he is brought down to that level where he actually belongs (meaning he has crashed down through several floors of Media hype) then the fight with Wilder will be made

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Little Anthony "I'M THE NEW BREED OF ELITE HEAVY WEIGHTS" Joshua (LMFAO) is going to get sparked out before the eighth round.

That's how elite his ass is. And once he is brought down to that level where he actually belongs (meaning he has crashed down through several floors of Media hype) then the fight with Wilder will be made
    If he gets sparkoed by Ngannou, why would there be an appetite for AJ v Wilder? how they gonna market it? Battle of the failures!

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

If he gets sparkoed by Ngannou, why would there be an appetite for AJ v Wilder? how they gonna market it? Battle of the failures!
    Two big heavyweight punchers always sells no matter how faded and damaged they may be. Saudi's and media will lap it up this fight way past its sell by date similar to Floyd v Pac Man.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very insightful! What sort of horseshit is that. Dear me, the sport has gone to the dogs.
    It is funny (sad) and Francis bias to his friend Fury is there to be seen. He will have earned millions and have 2 losses on his record.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two big heavyweight punchers always sells no matter how faded and damaged they may be. Saudi's and media will lap it up this fight way past its sell by date similar to Floyd v Pac Man.
    Wilder v AJ is nothing like Floyd v Pac and it is an insult to both fighters to suggest it is.
    Floyd and Pac was belated, but neither had blemished their records enough for them not to be the 2 best fighters in the World when the fight got made. Yes , Pac had lost to Marquez, but he had more than made up for that.
    Are you telling me , that even the Saudis with all the money they have can price this fight at least as highly as before ?
    If you that’s what you’re saying, with respect, you are in Cuckoo land.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v AJ is nothing like Floyd v Pac and it is an insult to both fighters to suggest it is.
    Floyd and Pac was belated, but neither had blemished their records enough for them not to be the 2 best fighters in the World when the fight got made. Yes , Pac had lost to Marquez, but he had more than made up for that.
    Are you telling me , that even the Saudis with all the money they have can price this fight at least as highly as before ?
    If you that’s what you’re saying, with respect, you are in Cuckoo land.
    If Wilder gets a win, he is back in the picture. He will wait around and the Saudi's have limitless budget.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder got beat by Joseph Parker EASILY! why isn't Joseph Parker being talked about in these circles?
    I'm sure the Saudis are well happy about you spending their money willy nilly.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder got beat by Joseph Parker EASILY! why isn't Joseph Parker being talked about in these circles?
    I'm sure the Saudis are well happy about you spending their money willy nilly.
    Parker should get a shot at Hrgovic if AJ has not taken on him. I think Hrgovic will protect his number one status and the silly Saudi's will pay him for another "gimmie".

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    is it not also a business? do you not agree that it's a good fight from team aj's side?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    is it not also a business? do you not agree that it's a good fight from team aj's side?
    It’s a good fight for Hearn , but No I don’t think it’s a good fight for AJ. He will get criticised WHOEVER he fights unfortunately.
    But I believe that any top 15 HW Boxer in the World (probably top 50) would beat Ngannou.
    So at Joshua’s point of his career, how does this push him forward apart from increasing his bank balance?
    That’s not being disrespectful to Ngannou because I thought he did exceptionally well against Fury (and he won the fight) . But he is a novice.
    Yes, Boxing is a business, but let us not forget, first and foremost, it is a Sport.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really is a thick headed pull on the lotto machine for AJ. What’s lost is unlike Fury, in the moment, AJ is the one in the middle of salvaging his career and teetering on the final sunset. It really is a lose everything and gain nothing move. Again, he doesn’t have to “lose” to lose vs an 0-1. Get clipped take a stumble, take a cut or even be extended full distance and it will resonate heavily. Aside From all the Ngannou and Saudi facilitating another gawdy smoke n mirrors circus. This does not benefit boxing in the big picture.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Francis is ranked in the top 10 WBC after his fight with Tyson Fury.

Thread Information