Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Minister announces resignation

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's just you deflecting from and apologising for the Tories again.

Asian tories are nearly always more racist than non tory Asians. Still nowhere near as racist as UKIP Asians though.
    Not sure I agree with your loose definition of Asian, but if you would like to use the media version then I will agree with you.

I do not support the Tories.

Never have.
    Like I have always said say you will employ PC methods when it suits you to shut down any meaningful debate. Why now do you suddenly not consider people whose Parents both came from Pakistan as Asian? His is English. He is British. But he is also a British Asian.

My Fathers second wife is a British citizen but she was not born here. She is Asian.

Where have i ever suggested that because you come from Harrogate where 95% of the population are white, you know nothing about ethnic minorities? It turns out that actually you don't but that is beside the point. You project this ignorance onto others. In 2002 my City had 2% ethnic minority by 2010 it had risen to 10% and now it is approaching 20% . We are a port and dispersal centre for asylum seekers. Not some sheltered posh Victorian Spa town miles from the coast like where you come from. There are many refugees from Iraq and Syria and other places in the middle east here and you have long castigated me for working with them and those victims of war in Syria and Iraq etc for years now. Now all of a sudden I have never met a non white, non christian person? You are all over the place mate, and anger will do that to you.

Calm down. We are going to have another unelected tory Prime Minister who will share many more of your values than mine. Embrace it, after all it will make no difference to you Miles , a long distance, away in Asia.
    My point is that I question the use of the word Asian considering the scope and size of Asia itself. An Indian person is very distinct from a Thai person or a Thai person from a Japanese person. None is better or worse than the other and we treat people as individuals, but I take exception to it especially within the context of how the Western media uses it to describe groups who really have nothing in common with East Asians.

I do not come from Harrogate. However, Harrogate is a rather ordinary town a little like Plymouth with plenty of middle class people and a fair number of working class people. It is no doubt a largely white town. I actually spent most of my youth in the south of England which is why I always end up in various cities of the south. You do not know my history that well really Beanz, it is far too convoluted to go into really. Nearby in the north of course there are places like Leeds which are of course pretty diverse and Bradford is very close too. The South West really does not have the same levels of diversity. This is just a fact.

My point anyway being that all my adult years were spent in the environs of Manchester and Manchester for as long as I can remember has been a very diverse place. It has Curry mile, it has areas with large black or 'Asian' communities, and of course the local communities. I am not against good, hardworking people, who contribute from migrating, so please put that one to bed. I just think there has been too much. From 18 I was working around all of those areas and did so for a number of years, I know the area like the back of my hand. I would hang out with all kinds of people with all kinds of backgrounds and each person is treated as an individual.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's just you deflecting from and apologising for the Tories again.

Asian tories are nearly always more racist than non tory Asians. Still nowhere near as racist as UKIP Asians though.
    Not sure I agree with your loose definition of Asian, but if you would like to use the media version then I will agree with you.

I do not support the Tories.

Never have.
    Like I have always said say you will employ PC methods when it suits you to shut down any meaningful debate. Why now do you suddenly not consider people whose Parents both came from Pakistan as Asian? His is English. He is British. But he is also a British Asian.

My Fathers second wife is a British citizen but she was not born here. She is Asian.

Where have i ever suggested that because you come from Harrogate where 95% of the population are white, you know nothing about ethnic minorities? It turns out that actually you don't but that is beside the point. You project this ignorance onto others. In 2002 my City had 2% ethnic minority by 2010 it had risen to 10% and now it is approaching 20% . We are a port and dispersal centre for asylum seekers. Not some sheltered posh Victorian Spa town miles from the coast like where you come from. There are many refugees from Iraq and Syria and other places in the middle east here and you have long castigated me for working with them and those victims of war in Syria and Iraq etc for years now. Now all of a sudden I have never met a non white, non christian person? You are all over the place mate, and anger will do that to you.

Calm down. We are going to have another unelected tory Prime Minister who will share many more of your values than mine. Embrace it, after all it will make no difference to you Miles , a long distance, away in Asia.
    My point is that I question the use of the word Asian considering the scope and size of Asia itself. An Indian person is very distinct from a Thai person or a Thai person from a Japanese person. None is better or worse than the other and we treat people as individuals, but I take exception to it especially within the context of how the Western media uses it to describe groups who really have nothing in common with East Asians.

I do not come from Harrogate. However, Harrogate is a rather ordinary town a little like Plymouth with plenty of middle class people and a fair number of working class people. It is no doubt a largely white town. I actually spent most of my youth in the south of England which is why I always end up in various cities of the south. You do not know my history that well really Beanz, it is far too convoluted to go into really. Nearby in the north of course there are places like Leeds which are of course pretty diverse and Bradford is very close too. The South West really does not have the same levels of diversity. This is just a fact.

My point anyway being that all my adult years were spent in the environs of Manchester and Manchester for as long as I can remember has been a very diverse place. It has Curry mile, it has areas with large black or 'Asian' communities, and of course the local communities. I am not against good, hardworking people, who contribute from migrating, so please put that one to bed. I just think there has been too much. From 18 I was working around all of those areas and did so for a number of years, I know the area like the back of my hand. I would hang out with all kinds of people with all kinds of backgrounds and each person is treated as an individual.
    The point is i do not make the sweeping assumptions about you that you do of me in order to avoid addressing any points I bring up. I have lived and worked in London, Glasgow, Europe all over the shop and yet you have to reduce anything I say down to the view of some cossetted ignorant individual rather than accept you are not the expert and authority you claim to be. You make me out to be a liar, mentally ill, anything in order to shut down my right as a British citizen to resist the destruction of Britain and voice my opposition to your invented narrative blaming all the sins of the Tories and New Labor before them on immigrants, those on the left, anyone who does not suck up to your right wing and fascist heroes.

And now you are trying to police the use of the word Asian when you use words like weapons to demonize and marginalize huge swathes of the world in order to justify your own prejudices.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was mainly pointing out that your town has very little diversity. For years you have thrown that at me and life overseas. All I did was throw it back at you really.

I have explained my view on Asian. It's like saying Italian and English are the same as in Caucasian. Very different culturally, linguistically and historically.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it more realistically a bit of both though, Beanz? Deindustrialisation and then open borders in unison is just a very bad idea at least to my way of thinking anyway. I've nothing against good migrants at all, I just dislike the bad ones and the open borders policy.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was mainly pointing out that your town has very little diversity. For years you have thrown that at me and life overseas. All I did was throw it back at you really.

I have explained my view on Asian. It's like saying Italian and English are the same as in Caucasian. Very different culturally, linguistically and historically.
    Again you are being dishonest. It is a city with twice the population of your shite spa town and is an incredibly more strategically important and historically relevant place to British History than bloody Harrogate. There are 52 Plymouth's in the world for a reason. We fought the Royalists while you housed them in a castle. What is it with you needing to avoid facts?

What you mean by cultural diversity is 'Non-White'. You may as well come out and say it. Our Synagogue has been her since 1762 and the Jewish community for a lot longer. The Gypsy community has been here for just as long but I bet you have never spent a night in a caravan let alone lived in one, the Polish have been here since at least 1800 probably before, so go on tell me about why white people are all the same, and Muslims are all the same, but Asians are unique.

Shove your very different culturally, linguistically and historically when you do not even admit the same thing about British people , white or otherwise let alone Muslims or Immigrants or anyone else you seek to blame.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again you are being dishonest. It is a city with twice the population of your shite spa town and is an incredibly more strategically important and historically relevant place to British History than bloody Harrogate. There are 52 Plymouth's in the world for a reason. We fought the Royalists while you housed them in a castle. What is it with you needing to avoid facts?

What you mean by cultural diversity is 'Non-White'. You may as well come out and say it. Our Synagogue has been her since 1762 and the Jewish community for a lot longer. The Gypsy community has been here for just as long but I bet you have never spent a night in a caravan let alone lived in one, the Polish have been here since at least 1800 probably before, so go on tell me about why white people are all the same, and Muslims are all the same, but Asians are unique.

Shove your very different culturally, linguistically and historically when you do not even admit the same thing about British people , white or otherwise let alone Muslims or Immigrants or anyone else you seek to blame.
    Diversity to beanz its gypsies and Jews. Damn he better not come to the US it might blow a fuse in his head.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the joke, it is the end of May next week. Thank you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. Who says I think all white people are the same? You are really weird.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, what's the difference between those party's racism and Labour's? Haven't you just voted for a racist party? This year alone the Labour Party have been slaughtered over racism/antisemitism. Corbyn and Freedom are best mates, aren't they?
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-27-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Beanz, what's the difference between those party's racism and Labour's? Haven't you just voted for a racist party? This year alone the Labour Party have been slaughtered over racism/antisemitism. Corbyn and Freedom are best mates, aren't they?
    Would Corbyn really ever use the language and express the attitudes Freedom did?

You as a mod endorsed that and now you are admitting it by suggesting that actually antisemitism is racism when it suits you.

To not point out the overt racism of the current government in Israel would actually be more antisemitic than doing so.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com...-to-help-jews/

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...-lobby-attacks

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-antisemitism
    Hidden Content

Thread Information