Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should be in prison?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Luckily nobody has died because of what Manning has released, but do you honestly doubt it could have happened? Julian Assange is a threat to peace. Sure honesty is the best policy, but CONTEXT is a huge key when dealing with such things.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions miles....perhaps you had best remind your anarchist friends of that
    So Lyle, should those murderers be in prison?

Yes or no?

And did Manning do a public service in showing us that horrible data?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Yes or no?

If troops acted in an illegal manner then they should be disciplined. Bradley Manning acted in an illegal manner and he is being disciplined. No, Manning did the United States and more importantly it's citizens no favors.

The goal of Julian Assange is to destroy America miles I think understanding that is a key factor in anything and everything Assange says or does

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Yes or no?

If troops acted in an illegal manner then they should be disciplined. Bradley acted in an illegal manner and he is being disciplined. No, Manning did the United States and more importantly it's citizens no favors.

The goal of Julian Assange is to destroy America miles I think understanding that is a key factor in anything and everything Assange says or does
    Assange was the messenger, Bradley gave the data. The US excused the war crime.

You seriously blame Assange in that?

That is really fucked up. Assange didn't kill anyone, Bradley reported a war crime of people actually killing people and you blame Assange and Bradley for reporting?

And Assange wants to destroy America! Haha, what an idiot you are.

And you really don't think your nation has committed war crimes? You are brainwashed.

El Kabong Guest

All parties involved have a degree of guilt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All parties involved have a degree of guilt.
    Gayness.

Look at the video and just accept what is a fact.

Do you really think me shooting your Dad in the head should be kept secret because I was in someway a secret agent.

It is bullshit, Lyle. It is murder and a war crime. Poor kids lost their father and one had glass plucked out of the eyes.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy win, but it was no win. It was just honesty. Lyle needs newspapers to see honesty.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahh the highly reputable Real News strikes again. I'm not going to speak to the video unless you can provide me a more reputable source of the video. In regards to Manning; Intel Soldiers are given countless numbers of hours of training on clearances, and releasability of information and sign non-disclosure acts. PVT Manning broke several laws by releasing the documents and it is impossible he did not know exactly what he was doing. To say no one has been killed due to the release of the documents is also not accurate but regardless if you believe in the rule of law then Manning deserves to face the punishment for his actions. Agreeing with the law or not is irrelevant in this case.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    ahh the highly reputable Real News strikes again. I'm not going to speak to the video unless you can provide me a more reputable source of the video. In regards to Manning; Intel Soldiers are given countless numbers of hours of training on clearances, and releasability of information and sign non-disclosure acts. PVT Manning broke several laws by releasing the documents and it is impossible he did not know exactly what he was doing. To say no one has been killed due to the release of the documents is also not accurate but regardless if you believe in the rule of law then Manning deserves to face the punishment for his actions. Agreeing with the law or not is irrelevant in this case.
    So you need expensive advertising to be regarded as reputable news? This is mainly taken from a German documentary and The Real News simply expanded upon it. It is a good piece.

But regardless, you ignore the fact that blatant murderers run free, whilst a whistle blower is locked in confinement.

You are a man that knows right from wrong and I am sure that you agree that you shouldn't shield war criminals.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recall the last time I read a thread where you posted Real News about Gitmo I believe and no other news service world wide was reporting the information that ultimately proved to be false. So I think my reservations are founded. I guess I don't understand your argument though. The U.S. has court martialed multiple service members for crimes in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not sure about this particular incident but even if they haven't been brought to justice what does that have to do with Manning? He still violated numerous and his actions have caused people to be murdered. Whistle blower is a euphemism in the biggest way. All Soldiers should be held to the letter of the law whether its murder or treason. You can't pick and choose which laws you want to follow for political expediency

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was in the military, what he did was treason.

Regardless whether or not you agree with his actions (FWIW I feel ambivalent about what he did), I would argue that he actually got off pretty easily. There are a LOT of countries which would have done unspeakable things to the poor fucker before they brutally murdered him. When he voluntarily joined the army, he willingly ceded certainly right, freedom of speech being among them.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody commiting crimes, foreign or at home, should be punished equally by the law without discrimination for the job, race, sex etc. The info Manning did released will help to sentence soldiers who did horrible things but wouldn't have came known otherwise. That is a good thing, not to say a very good one, especially because sentencing these soldiers might patch back a bit for what they have done. A bit. Which is already better than nothing.
    However, leaking military stuff ain't like giving cookies to poor kids. IT is a VERY serious thing. Manning knew it. He still did it. With style, he did leak... everything. Which means he didn't separate the infos, what people should rightfully know and what is too sensitive and could compromise the life of rightful officials and soldiers on the field. HOw many gigs was that already? That, on the other hand, was a cruel mistake. I didn't skim through all the documents but I am certain that some people are now at risk because of some of the infos.
    For this reason, it is very intricated, especially because it is entangle in a world of rules and laws and when one is absolutely found guilty, it's quite clear what's heading. Some greater criminals might deserve to be sentenced and aren't, more than Manning, but opposite to him, they can (unfortunately) play with the legal frame and get away with it. Sadly, the legal world ain't built well enough.

So: Do other criminals deserve harsher punishment than Manning? Of course.

Were Manning intentions good? I think so.

Did he screw up? Big time by a lack of judgement and just uploading it all without discern about the documents.

Should he be forgiven? Despite his initial intentions.. no. Because he did screw up and because it wouldn't send the right message to the others who just like him are manipulating sensitive informations and who could perhaps make an even bigger screw up than him.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The soldiers have not been punished for their actions. If Manning had not released the video it would have all been swept under the carpet and random killings would continue. It is obvious that there is little accountability for war crimes in the present day US military. If there was, then the soldiers would have been punished. However, this hasn't happened.

Manning broke an oath, but in doing so did an extremely noble and courageous thing. I salute the man and regard him as a modern American hero. A true patriot who tried to show how his nation was abusing its power. This is what patriots do. They don't make empty promises to a flag, they stand by their righteous and humanitarian convictions.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is obvious is your complete ignorance about the U.S. Military and the secondary and tertiary effects of Mannings leak.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    What is obvious is your complete ignorance about the U.S. Military and the secondary and tertiary effects of Mannings leak.
    No, a war crime was commited and people went unpunished. It isn't a particularly complicated case to make looking at the attitudes and behaviour of the soldiers who commited the acts. It is clearly in the public interest to see this kind of footage.

In an age where the mainstream media refuses to pursue real stories, people like Manning become ever more important.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where's my Jeremy Kyle link? I want to see the other Bradley Manning now.

Thread Information