Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins interview on fighting Pavlik.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins interview on fighting Pavlik.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOw7Zp8TS0

Sorry if it has already been posted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins interview on fighting Pavlik.

Does it come with subtitles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    Does it come with subtitles?
    haha no sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i seen this a long time ago ive heard he walked to the wrong corner a few times in the calzaghe fight if thats true hel mess around and sit on pavlik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good vid mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    i seen this a long time ago ive heard he walked to the wrong corner a few times in the calzaghe fight if thats true hel mess around and sit on pavlik
    Why on your profile do you have Hopkins as your favourite fighter when you clearly have an obsession with Pavlik.
    Last edited by Pugilistic; 09-16-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

osession please stop i used to like bhop until after the winky fight. i just like pavlik cuz hes a young gifted fighter and its his turn. bernard has been my favorite fighter for years everybody cant like the same fighter forever. bhop rite now is old and doesnt bring excitement to the game right now but bhop will always be one of my favorite fighters of all time but you like him now in the downfall of his career hes won 2 of his last 5 fights and your crazy if you think hes gonna beat pavlik. sorry but in reality bhop is out and pavlik is in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really good interview. Thats probably the most lucid I have ever heard him

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was actually a very good interview from Hopkins thanks for putting that up. I still think he could surprise people and do a real number on Pavlik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

osession please stop i used to like bhop until after the winky fight. i just like pavlik cuz hes a young gifted fighter and its his turn. bernard has been my favorite fighter for years everybody cant like the same fighter forever. bhop rite now is old and doesnt bring excitement to the game right now but bhop will always be one of my favorite fighters of all time but you like him now in the downfall of his career hes won 2 of his last 5 fights and your crazy if you think hes gonna beat pavlik. sorry but in reality bhop is out and pavlik is in
    I like your loyalty haha.

Will you decide to like another fighter if Pavlik loses sometime in the future.

Hopkins doesn't bring excitement which is no fault of his own, he had to adjust his style to being a lower workrate more defensive style due to his age, he wouldn't be where he was today if he didn't. He did lose two of his last five but all those losses could of gone his way, I felt he deserved the second Taylor fight and i felt he did enough to edge the win against Joe. In between those fights he dominated the light hevyweight champ Tarver and then got a win over previous number 2 ranked p4per Winky Wright.

I am not the only one who sees Hopkins winning, He just lost to the undefeated supermiddleweight king by Split decision and you could argue that he won. He gave Joe one of his toughest fights.

I know that Pavlik can win this fight all down to his high workrate, but his has flaws that benefit Hopkins that could lead to Hopkins winning in October.

Pavliks handspeed and Footwork: What troubled Hopkins in the Calzaghe fight was Calzaghe's fast hands and fast footwork which Calzaghe used to close the gap between himself and Hopkins, he would also mindwill flurries which would make Hopkins go into his defensive shell and when Hopkins would move forward to go into the clinch Calzaghe would flurry stopping Hopkins for getting into the clinch which would eventually tire him down the stretch. Pavlik has slow hands and Footwork which would allow Hopkins to time his shots and land them with great accuracy and then move forward into the clinch when he wanted.

Pavlik's Adaptibility: Calzaghe adapted to Hopkins style in the middle rounds which helped him prevail in the fight, That included uping his workrate, flurrie at hopkins coming in, etc. Imagine Hopkins is landing his right hand on Pavlik with ease and Pavlik can't get his jab off to set up other punches and when he does throw he misses and gets counted and on the inside Hopkins is fighting dirty, Pavlik will have to have another Plan but what will it be ? Outbox Hopkins i don't see that happening. This is what i mean Pavlik can only really go forward.

Pavlik's Jab: Pavlik has a good jab and he uses it to set up other punches but what will he do when he doesn't have a jab, Hopkins took away Winky wright's jab who had the best jab in the sport, If Pavlik doesn't have a jab how does he set up his other shots?? start throwing lead right hands ?? don't see that happening.

Pavliks Workrate: This is what could win Pavlik the fight, Throw more tp put Hopkins on the defensive, i don't see him landing more. Hopkins proved against Calzaghe that he could limit a fighters workrate, he took Calzaghe to about 700 punches when he normally throws about 1000 punches. He also made Calzaghe's accuracy disappear and i only see Calzaghe land one or two decent shots. While making him miss he was countering him with the right hand that landed consistantly when he threw it.

Pavlik's Power: This is what makes Pavlik so dangerous, he has great power in both hands especially his right hand, his KO ratio proves that but doesn't have one punch KO power. I don't see him landing enough cleanly throughout the fight to put Hopkins in any trouble, In the first Taylor fight he was hitting Taylor with tremendous flush shots and it took him till the 7th round to end it. It is near impossible to clean on Bernard. Plus the fact that he is moving up 10 pounds will take some of the pop out of his shots.

Pavliks Defense: Or should i say what Defense , i have to admit he is improving his defense every fight but it will be something Hopkins will take huge advantage of. Hopkins has a sneaky fast right hand that i see him landing on Pavlik with ease, this could frustrate Pavlik throughout the fight causing him to lose focus on his gameplan, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard that Roach was against Hopkins fighting Pavlik. Is he still training Bernard or is someone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

Hopkins doesn't bring excitement which is no fault of his own, he had to adjust his style to being a lower workrate more defensive style due to his age, he wouldn't be where he was today if he didn't. He did lose two of his last five but all those losses could of gone his way, I felt he deserved the second Taylor fight and i felt he did enough to edge the win against Joe. In between those fights he dominated the light hevyweight champ Tarver and then got a win over previous number 2 ranked p4per Winky Wright.

I am not the only one who sees Hopkins winning, He just lost to the undefeated supermiddleweight king by Split decision and you could argue that he won. He gave Joe one of his toughest fights.

I know that Pavlik can win this fight all down to his high workrate, but his has flaws that benefit Hopkins that could lead to Hopkins winning in October.

Pavliks handspeed and Footwork: What troubled Hopkins in the Calzaghe fight was Calzaghe's fast hands and fast footwork which Calzaghe used to close the gap between himself and Hopkins, he would also mindwill flurries which would make Hopkins go into his defensive shell and when Hopkins would move forward to go into the clinch Calzaghe would flurry stopping Hopkins for getting into the clinch which would eventually tire him down the stretch. Pavlik has slow hands and Footwork which would allow Hopkins to time his shots and land them with great accuracy and then move forward into the clinch when he wanted.

Pavlik's Adaptibility: Calzaghe adapted to Hopkins style in the middle rounds which helped him prevail in the fight, That included uping his workrate, flurrie at hopkins coming in, etc. Imagine Hopkins is landing his right hand on Pavlik with ease and Pavlik can't get his jab off to set up other punches and when he does throw he misses and gets counted and on the inside Hopkins is fighting dirty, Pavlik will have to have another Plan but what will it be ? Outbox Hopkins i don't see that happening. This is what i mean Pavlik can only really go forward.

Pavlik's Jab: Pavlik has a good jab and he uses it to set up other punches but what will he do when he doesn't have a jab, Hopkins took away Winky wright's jab who had the best jab in the sport, If Pavlik doesn't have a jab how does he set up his other shots?? start throwing lead right hands ?? don't see that happening.

Pavliks Workrate: This is what could win Pavlik the fight, Throw more tp put Hopkins on the defensive, i don't see him landing more. Hopkins proved against Calzaghe that he could limit a fighters workrate, he took Calzaghe to about 700 punches when he normally throws about 1000 punches. He also made Calzaghe's accuracy disappear and i only see Calzaghe land one or two decent shots. While making him miss he was countering him with the right hand that landed consistantly when he threw it.

Pavlik's Power: This is what makes Pavlik so dangerous, he has great power in both hands especially his right hand, his KO ratio proves that but doesn't have one punch KO power. I don't see him landing enough cleanly throughout the fight to put Hopkins in any trouble, In the first Taylor fight he was hitting Taylor with tremendous flush shots and it took him till the 7th round to end it. It is near impossible to clean on Bernard. Plus the fact that he is moving up 10 pounds will take some of the pop out of his shots.

Pavliks Defense: Or should i say what Defense , i have to admit he is improving his defense every fight but it will be something Hopkins will take huge advantage of. Hopkins has a sneaky fast right hand that i see him landing on Pavlik with ease, this could frustrate Pavlik throughout the fight causing him to lose focus on his gameplan, etc.

now i know ur are a straight liar u told me in a comment u thought joe did enough to win the fight and you had it 115-113 for joe so dont even bother posting back cause now i know for a fact your a liar on these posts. and i didnt even bother readin the rest as soon as i heard that LIAR

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now i know ur are a straight liar u told me in a comment u thought joe did enough to win the fight and you had it 115-113 for joe so dont even bother posting back cause now i know for a fact your a liar on these posts. and i didnt even bother readin the rest as soon as i heard that LIAR
    Yeah, far to many words hmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can give you some vids of Pavlik almost taking a guys head off with one clean flush shot. If he lands flush and hards he has better one punch knockout power than any one at 160. His jab is better than winky's because he pretty much almost knocked Zertuche out with it before he put him to sleep WITH ONE PUNCH that was the strait right hand. The upper cut was just for show. To me Joe's speed is overrated. Taylor looks faster and has more power. Joe looked slow.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off i never said i thought Joe won 115-113, That scorecard couldn't exist in the fight anyway because of the KD. I said i thought Hopkins edged it 114-113 but i could see how people have Calzaghe winning. Its a bit of a coincidence that where i wrote that was on your profile comments and they have all of a sudden been deleted.

So you sir are the liar

Thread Information