Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Felix Trinidad with todays crop of WW's

Rookie Fan, i must thank you for planting this little seed in my head

Felix Trinidad guys, think about it for a minuite. With landscape of the top 10 WW's now very different but equally renowned picture. Just how would 'Tito' do if matched up with the liked of Cotto, Williams, Margarito and Mayweather?

Speaking Hypothetically, would he be as successfull as back in the 90's?

Trinidad lost to Oscar (truth be told) and Oscar in turn has to be regarded as one of the greatest to fight at WW. But apart from that one loss, he was the man.

What do you guys think?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Felix Trinidad with todays crop of WW's

HA HA HA I guess you enjoyed my little rant at the other thread.

Obviously I was excagerating a bit but I truelly believe that Tito would hold his own in any era.

He would destroy Cotto, Margarito and Cintron pretty easy. Any fighter that does not have excelent defence would not last 12 rounds with him.

Williams is a tough match for anybody. He is undefeated and you have to give him credit for that. But if Margarito made that fight close and got Williams into some deep waters in the 10th and 11th. Tito would take him into the bermuda triangle by the 7th or 8th and Williams would hava a tough time after that. I say Tito by UD

Floyd being the defensive master that he is would have the best chance of beating Tito. But he would have to bring his A+ game. Any kind of slip up and Tito would make him pay bad. I think it would be in some way similar to the Hopkins fight with the exception that Floyd is a lot smaller than B-Hop and Tito would be more able to impose his will and his power. It would be much closer than most think and really imposible for me to pick a winner.

As for DLH.....look at the record books baby LOL

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito would have serious issues making 147 now. He is now in his mid 30's and weight loss doesnt get easier.

Lets wait and see if Tito really does comeback.

ICB Guest

Tito vs Cotto= Tito would be knocked down early in fight then would stop Cotto in 10th round of a thriller

Tito vs Cintron= Tito by ko in 6th

Tito vs Margarito= Tito knocked down early and Margarito would be down late on but would survive but would lose pretty clear cut decision

Tito vs Williams= Tito by Ko in the 10th.

Tito vs Mayweather= Mayweather by decision.

If were talking prime for prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As of now I think the question would be is how would today's Welter's stand up in Tito's era. I think the only one that would hold his own would be Mayweather, the rest get destroyed by the top 4 or 5. To answer your question though, Tito ruins all of these guys with the exception of Mayweather and I would consider that a toss up and couldn't pick a winner. Tito was a monster @ 147
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Joerod
    As of now I think the question would be is how would today's Welter's stand up in Tito's era. I think the only one that would hold his own would be Mayweather, the rest get destroyed by the top 4 or 5. To answer your question though, Tito ruins all of these guys with the exception of Mayweather and I would consider that a toss up and couldn't pick a winner. Tito was a monster @ 147
    Maywether would have held his own but IMHO he would not remain undefeated. Too many great fighters at 147 at the time none of whom remained unblemished. Give credit to Tito for being the only one of that era to have left 147 as an undefeated champion. Though he himself did not leave unblemished either as many believe that DLH beat him. Mosley, Quartey, Tito, DLH, Forrest one of these guys at their prime would put an L in that record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joerod
    Maywether would have held his own but IMHO he would not remain undefeated. Too many great fighters at 147 at the time none of whom remained unblemished. Give credit to Tito for being the only one of that era to have left 147 as an undefeated champion. Though he himself did not leave unblemished either as many believe that DLH beat him. Mosley, Quartey, Tito, DLH, Forrest one of these guys at their prime would put an L in that record.
    I agree, and I also think if FMJ fought all of the top welters now, there's a good chance he comes away with a loss.
    I know everything about nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd favor Tito against everyone but Floyd. I think Floyd beats Tito rather handily.

Floyd-Tito would resemble the Winky-Tito fight or the first 8-9 rounds of Tito-Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think tito beats margarito cotto and cintron. he would get outboxed by PBF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito would Ko every single one.

Cotto = weak chin, no defense (Tito Ko)
    Mosley = Speed gives tito trouble but Mosley fades a lil on his defense in the later rounds (Tito ko)
    William = Has the body and speed to walk with the welterweight, but tends to slow down and that will cost him (Tito Ko in 9th)
    Judah = Round 1 ko! ( tito hits him like tzyu did)
    Margarito = difficult match for Tito but I believe Margarito has a heart and chin and will last in there for 12. (tito by decision)
    De La Hoya 2 = Great fight! Despite me seeing oscar win the first, I see Oscar not running in this one and paying the price for it. tito Ko 11
    Mayweather = easy fight for Mayweather. Tito isn't aggressive, he is looking to hit you hard with his left hook and can easily be avoided if you focus on deffense all night. Mayweather will fight Tito the same way Winky did. This is an easy unimous decision for Mayweather. a simple jab will make this fight easy, boring and dumb to pay to watch.

Tito's Record 6-1 (5 kos)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trinidad would beat most. I think Mayweather and Mosley would give him problems. But Cotto,Cintron an Williams would probably fall.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Tito would have serious issues making 147 now. He is now in his mid 30's and weight loss doesnt get easier.

I wasnt spekaing of a comebacks, just fantasy match up typa talk
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see PBF fight someone in the WW division that had some similarity to Tito. Maybe someone like Cintron. Just to have some kind of measuring stick you know.

I just dont think a small guy like Maywether would be able to do the same thing to Tito that B-Hop and Winky did. I'm not saying he couldn't beat him, but it would be much closer and like I said before he would have to be more focus than he has ever been before. He has never been with someone as dangerous as Tito. And Tito moved a little better at 147 and had really quick hands when he unloaded.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Quote Originally Posted by miles

I wasnt spekaing of a comebacks, just fantasy match up typa talk
    I was drunk!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    I would love to see PBF fight someone in the WW division that had some similarity to Tito. Maybe someone like Cintron. Just to have some kind of measuring stick you know.

I just dont think a small guy like Maywether would be able to do the same thing to Tito that B-Hop and Winky did. I'm not saying he couldn't beat him, but it would be much closer and like I said before he would have to be more focus than he has ever been before. He has never been with someone as dangerous as Tito. And Tito moved a little better at 147 and had really quick hands when he unloaded.
    I think people use the Oscar Tito fight as a measuring stick. Oscar boxed and moved like Floyd would and in those early rounds,he was winning. I'm guessing people think Floyd would be able to do the same
    and I think I'd agree. Floyd could pot shot his way to victory.

I'd fancy Tito over all the current WW,including Mosley. He hit's too hard for Shane. Tito's power and jab would be too much for him.

Cotto would drop Tito early,but Tito would KTFO Cotto pretty soon after.

I think Margarito may have the chin to take Tito the distance. I'd take Tito on points although I think it would be a great styles match up.

Cintron Tito would be awesome for the 3-5 rounds it would last before Tito would KTFO Kermit.

Thread Information