Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Few Thoughts....

Credit to Marco, as he said himself "He took him to school".

That had me in hystericas when he said that.....

I dont know why so many people were boing, I mean yes I understand the last fight, and Barrera is known for his entertaining fights, but he cant do it all the time, and he actually put on a boxing clinic.

If Juarez wanted it, he should have made him fight, fact is Barrera was too skilled and annoyed Jurez, who for me looked very very average. And its no point standing there waving your arms, in order for Barrera to come at you, you have to go make him fight.

I couldnt belive how fresh Barrera looked!

I also couldnt belive the state Hatton was in!

Anyway, credit to Gonzalez and Vasquez, what a fight, Jhonny is gonna be one for the future, but he needs to go back down for a bit, Vasquez, what a warrior.

And whats is Barrios doing, has he been hanging around with Edge and Christian?

Chavez or Pacman next for Barrera?

Lets be honest, it was sensible of Barrera to school and just box for Juarez this time, as I reckon next fight, he has to leave everything in the ring as most possibly, he will be in there with Pac?

Providing he beats Morales.

But then again, never count Morales out....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Few Thoughts....

You emerge every now and then and give interesting posts like this

Barrera was running on auto all night long. That is no critisism, its all he needed to do. A focussed Barrera just looking after the basics was more than enough to put on a clinic. He wasnt even needing to rest between rounds. Talking with ease with his corner. As you say, he looked fresh. Very fresh. That wasnt an old man.

I want to see him against Pac. It would be a completely different fight but I really think he has more than a chance. Barrera has more left in him than Morales and im not even discounting Morales!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Back at ya miles.

I like to pop up after a big fight, LOL

I agree we cant count out Morales yet, I think its all about how he comes in, the condition and all.

But Pac is going to be tough.

After watching last night, it seems Barrera used about 40% of his energy, so we know he has alot more to give, and with it being his final fight, well there would be fireworks!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    CC Back at ya miles.

I agree we cant count out Morales yet, I think its all about how he comes in, the condition and all.

After watching last night, it seems Barrera used about 40% of his energy, so we know he has alot more to give, and with it being his final fight, well there would be fireworks!!!

Agreed. The main difference between Barrera now and Morales is that Barrera is still able to work for 12 rounds. Morales was fine last time out for the first 6 rounds. It then got messy. If Morales can work on his conditioning then he can outbox Pac. No easy task though. Its about going 12 without Pac's work bring ing him down too early. He can do it, but its down to what he does in training now.

As for MAB im more convinced that he can beat Pac and more so Morales if need be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    CC Back at ya miles.

Agreed. The main difference between Barrera now and Morales is that Barrera is still able to work for 12 rounds. Morales was fine last time out for the first 6 rounds. It then got messy. If Morales can work on his conditioning then he can outbox Pac. No easy task though. Its about going 12 without Pac's work bring ing him down too early. He can do it, but its down to what he does in training now.

As for MAB im more convinced that he can beat Pac and more so Morales if need be...
    What do you think about him moving up to fight Chavez

For me me his heart wants Pac...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Back at ya miles.

What do you think about him moving up to fight Chavez

For me me his heart wants Pac...
    I say follow his heart then....beating Pac is where it should all lead....

And he can, and it would be the final chapter....

He will need to let it all go at points though, only he knows if he has that in him though. I think he does...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Barrera did an excellent job on boxing the shorter younger Rocky..
    Not a crowd pleasing fight, but in my personal opinion it just shows how great Barrera was as a fighter because he was able to adapt suffieciently to counter the style of his opponent.
    I found it amazing how he could switch from a technical brawler and between a fight or two totally change his style and become a pretty good boxer come fight night.
    He had a great jab, good lateral movement and the ability to counter Rocky so he could never even get off in the fight..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won't beat Pacquioa though, and neither will Morales for that fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet Rocky now has regrets about asking for a rematch, I think his stock has lowered now, as he was made to look silly, whereas before he was the man who everyone though beat Barrera, now he is the man who caught barrera on a off night and still lost....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    He won't beat Pacquioa though, and neither will Morales for that fact.
    A fact should be written into history, young Sir!

Give it some time and we shall see!

I disagree with you though..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet Rocky now has regrets about asking for a rematch, I think his stock has lowered now, as he was made to look silly, whereas before he was the man who everyone though beat Barrera, now he is the man who caught barrera on a off night and still lost....
    I really see it as similar to Calzaghe: Lacy in a way...the young pretender got shut out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really see it as similar to Calzaghe: Lacy in a way...the young pretender got shut out!
    I also thought Hatton would have had a BETTER night if Collazo had rematched...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also thought Hatton would have had a BETTER night if Collazo had rematched...
    I agree, but somehow politics has disolved that one. Hatton needs to stand up to his camp. We are now promised Witter in 2 fights. Witter is certainly more than PBF!!

Hatton and his weight and lack of regular fighting is annoying. Im a fan but im getting tetchy. He needs to be fighting on a regular basis and erase this weigh gain rubbish till he's retired in 22 months or whatever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, He looked awful last night walking in with Barrera, I see he wants his IBF belt back, so thats why he will fight, Urango, but then they say he will fight Castillo?

Castillos going to get bullied by Hatton, and then he will probably fight Witter.

Hatton for me would annihalate Witter, but thats just my opinion.

Doubt we will ever see him fight Flloyd......

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, He looked awful last night walking in with Barrera, I see he wants his IBF belt back, so thats why he will fight, Urango, but then they say he will fight Castillo?

Castillos going to get bullied by Hatton, and then he will probably fight Witter.

Hatton for me would annihalate Witter, but thats just my opinion.

Doubt we will ever see him fight Flloyd......
    Agreed. A fight with Floyd is looking to be moving off of the radar. Hatton is going down in weight and PBF is potentially going up. It just doesnt look as if their paths will cross.

Hatton has had something like 1 fight in the last 12 months (I think??)...he's just not busy enough for me...

Thread Information