Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I Honestly hope everything goes wrong with Pac/Margacheato

This is going to be another emo thread but bear with me. I love the sport of boxing, and even though there are fighters I like and dislike, I always wish everyone the best. I hate seeing people seriously getting hurt, I hate seeing shows doing bad and people losing money, ect. I like seeing these guys get paid extremely well for the risks they take. I love when everything is rosey in boxing.

Even though I'm used to boxing being a slimey sport largely void of morals, with the mighty dollar being king, this fight still pisses me off. Margacheato disgraced the sport with his cheating, and negatively effected careers of past opponents with this cheating (if you think that was the first time Margacheato tried to cheat I think you're incredibly niave). Who knows what permanent damage he did to guys using those wraps in the past.

The fact that less than 2 years after being caught, not only is he allowed to fight but the very first fight he gets back in America is a HUGE PPV extravaganza against the biggest star in boxing outside of PBF is disgusting. This fight epitomizes everything thats rotten about boxing. Hearing these god damn schiesters using propaganda about Manny having a bad training camp and getting whipped by Khan in training to trick people into believing that this is going to be a compeditive fight makes me sick.

I LEGITIMATLY hope that this fight goes bad for everyone involved. I hope Arum and whoever else involved loses money on this turkey (not likely, but I can hope can't I). I hope Margarito suffers an injury in this fight, and is unable to fight again. I hope Manny looks like shit in this fight and his star/bargaining power diminishes.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Honestly hope everything goes wrong with Pac/Margacheato

Im sorta with you up until the hoping it overall does poorly part. If it helps boxing, then Im okay with that. But I too hope Margarito gets smashed to bits and am angry that he is even in a professionally sanctioned fight, period. Let alone a match of this significance. Being given the opportunity to be the one to beat the man. wtf? anyone but him imo.

I stop short on wishing anything bad for Manny. The guy is a great ambassador for the sport, always has been and just does his job. Fights whoever is put in front of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice sentiments but should still be a decent battle. Guy at my gym couldnt stop talking about the Khan/Pacman sparring session seems to think Khans a contender now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morally, this fight is wrong in everyway. Team Pac see it that way too. The main reason they accepted this fight because of financial standpoint (fuckin whores) .

I'd be hypocrite if say this fight doesn't bring excitement.
    Last edited by :::PSL:::; 11-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you cant get too pissed off about these things if you are a boxing fan

lots of fighters have been drug cheats and continued to get massive paydays, mosley, rjj, toney, holyfield

whats the difference?

it would not shock me one bit if accusations over pac were true and 10 other big name boxers got caught too

it will be an exciting fight, although the all british heavyweight clash on the same night is bigger

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They shouldn't be fighting Margarito, and on that level I hope Margarito beats him.

As the best fighter in the world, the best you can come up with is a known cheater in the stable of your own promoter? Well, as the the best you have the right to refuse and ask for more. Pac chose to go with it, so where there is no morality I will go for the underdog.

Pac can smile all he wants, but he has chosen to step into the ring with a cheater because it will make the promoter more money. He might turn out to be good at politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am on the fence about this one. I hope the fight fails because anything with Margarito in it deserves nothing. He should've been banned for life not rewarded with a career high payday against the boxing icon Pacquiao. Margarito actually gained and was essentially not punished. Arum is a scumbag so I don't want him to succeed for putting this farce of a show on to load his pockets. Pacquiao should've stood up against this one instead of being a good ol boy doing what he is always told by Arum. I'd like to see Pac crush Margarito into retirement but maybe the only way boxing will learn is by a hard lesson and maybe it best for Margarito to brutally win and push Pac into retirement leaving boxing no star to draw from and forever closing the door on the superfight Pac/PBF. I hope the real boxing fans do not buy this fight and send the message that we will not accept a fighter getting rewarded after having committed the worse possible cheat in sports. Even Barry Bonds was blackballed from baseball for steroids. Margarito suspiciously nearly tore off a guys ear, broke a guys eye socket, had Cotto bleeding from every opening in his face, and without conscience was attempting to do the same to Mosley. If you must watch just jack it on one of the many free streams. MARGARITO NEEDS BOYCOTTED!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    They shouldn't be fighting Margarito, and on that level I hope Margarito beats him.

As the best fighter in the world, the best you can come up with is a known cheater in the stable of your own promoter? Well, as the the best you have the right to refuse and ask for more. Pac chose to go with it, so where there is no morality I will go for the underdog.

Pac can smile all he wants, but he has chosen to step into the ring with a cheater because it will make the promoter more money. He might turn out to be good at politics.
    You can blame it on the Jews Miles, Arum is one and so is Ross Greenburg, the president of HBO Sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I put the blame on Mayweather. If Floyd didn't go on vacation, this fight would not have happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

You can blame it on the Jews Miles, Arum is one and so is Ross Greenburg, the president of HBO Sports.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some of you should stop whining because just this fight is going to happen. seriously, some of you are acting like little girls in pink panties. fact is this, margarito is back, and he has a heck of a chance of beating pacquiao. get over it!!! whether he was truly guilty of knowingly using illegal hand wraps is immaterial, because he was suspended for one year, did his time and has now been reinstated with a license to fight.

but for most of you who drank the pacquiao kool-aid and think he's your superman, sooner or later he's going to end up losing and it could very well be november 13th. i will not make any predictions cause boxing is very unpredictable as a sport but i will say this, the margarito that pacquiao is going to face isn't coming to drink the same kool-aid most of you did. he's coming to knock pacquiao's head off. whether or not he succeeds, only time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    some of you should stop whining because just this fight is going to happen. seriously, some of you are acting like little girls in pink panties. fact is this, margarito is back, and he has a heck of a chance of beating pacquiao. get over it!!! whether he was truly guilty of knowingly using illegal hand wraps is immaterial, because he was suspended for one year, did his time and has now been reinstated with a license to fight.

but for most of you who drank the pacquiao kool-aid and think he's your superman, sooner or later he's going to end up losing and it could very well be november 13th. i will not make any predictions cause boxing is very unpredictable as a sport but i will say this, the margarito that pacquiao is going to face isn't coming to drink the same kool-aid most of you did. he's coming to knock pacquiao's head off. whether or not he succeeds, only time will tell.

MannyTony

Cheato doesn't move his head, no footwork, he throws wide punches, a come-forward fighter, and without his cement blocks... I strongly doubt hes got punchers chance.

Cheato will get punished so bad,... it'll make you cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PSL,

wrong again! if margarito loses it won't make me cry, however, you will be devastated because he's the only good boxer you've got.

157 world champions and counting....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think someone is about to be banned again. And hopefully it's for good this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    PSL,

wrong again! if margarito loses it won't make me cry, however, you will be devastated because he's the only good boxer you've got.

157 world champions and counting....

be nice bro..

Thread Information