Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default marco antonio barrera Is back

The Babyface Assassin is Back. See Marco Antonio Barrera June 26th fight against Adailton De Jesus at the Alamodome of San Antonio, Texas in the co-main event of “Latin Fury 15.”

Marco Antonio Barrera was known as “The Baby Face Assassin” when he started out at the Inglewood Forum in California. Fast forward 20 years later and Barrera is still a recognized name in boxing and will surely end up in the Boxing Hall of Fame on day, but not yet, he still wants one more thing out of boxing. “I want to win a fourth world title and its something that motivates me to train and to fight and to keep going,” said Barrera, a three-time world champion.

The 36 year old, Barrera is coming back into the ring after a 15-month lay-off, as he will take on Adailton De Jesus on Saturday, June 26 at the Alamodome of San Antonio, Texas in the co-main event of “Latin Fury 15” a pay-per-view card presented by Top Rank and Zanfer Promotions.

On the same card, undefeated world ranked contender Julio César Chávez Jr (40-0-1, 30 kos) will take on Ireland’s John Duddy (29-1, 18 kos) in the main event.

Barrera is training in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico the city where he has lived the last six years after moving from Mexico City, where he was born and grew-up.

“I am very happy here in Guadalajara. So along with my team we decided to train here for my return to the ring on June 26,” said Barrera, known for his victories over Naseem Hamed and his three wars with Erik Morales.

After consulting with his family and feeling that everyone was okay with his decision he decided to come back to the ring and seek that fourth world title, something no Mexican-born fighter has ever done.

“I want to comeback with a spectacular fight. I have trained hard and little by little I am getting better and I want to show everyone how serious I am about getting the fourth world title,” said Barrera, who has won world titles at 122, 130 and 135 pounds during his 21 year professional career.

Barrera’s last fight was in March of 2009 in England against Amir Khan, where he lost a technical decision after a cut stopped the fight in the fourth round.

“I need to be in great condition and I will be. I am still very hungry and want to look good in my return to show everyone that I am still capable of winning another world title,” said Barrera.

His brother Jorge Barrera, is his lead trainer and they run every morning in the Bosque Colomos and head out to the gym around 2 p.m. for a two-hour training session.

“I feel very happy to be training and getting ready for a fight. I have always enjoyed this part of boxing and doing it near my family and with a good team, makes it even easier to get ready to fight,” said Barrera.

Barrera team’s included his brother, Jorge Barrera, Alex “Pollo” Galindo, Sendai Tanaka and is doing sparring with Alfredo Lopez, Carlos Martinez and Adrian Téllez.
    Source: fightnews.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: marco antonio barrera Is back

Marco is done...He is going to end up like JCC and do a tour of Adios is 15 cities getting beat by nobodies without a boxing son to avenge the loss....Sad way to go out after being such a proud warrior....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant wait !! The legend returns. Lets hope he is as cool as he used to be and rams someones head against the ringpost or punches them in the face at the press con. This guy don't mess about

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope he can look sharp, he has been out a long time.

Bring it Barrera!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he should, i think hes done :/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rowza View Post
    I dont think he should, i think hes done :/
    If he doesn't look good in this then I would probably agree with you, but I will wait to see how he looks in this one first. I don't think he should stick around for up to 5 more fights like he suggested though, not unless he is willing to be more active than the standard 2 fights a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera should retire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera is saying the right things but we need to see it in the ring because ever since the Juarez fight I think he has been in a steady decline getting abit poorer in each appearance since It's because he moved up to lightweight then moved down and his body didnt take it too well. Still world class but age, size and ring rust are against him. The biggest problem is that he cuts in each fight now as his skin is very fragile.

De Jesus is a big, powerful, young fighter coming of a series of quick KO's. He had Gamboa on the deck and in some ways is more of a threat than Khan so it wont be an easy comeback from Barrera. He will be the slower man so he has to use his experience and superior skills. He is salso outsized and may be outmuscled by the younger man but I can never pick against Barrera. I think Marco will show why he is a legend and dish out a schooling to Jesus. He may get cut in the process but he will have too many skills for this kid to deal with

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if the guy is a banger rather than a runner/boxer that will suit Barrera as he won't need to go looking for the guy.

We'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what weight class. But I think Marco and Erik should have a fourth fight, rather than seeing them against nobodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

both morales and barrera should both call it quits. they've proven to be great fighters but father time has a way to humble any fighter.

Thread Information