Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooooooo.....Should Joel be back in the running to face Manny?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sooooooo.....Should Joel be back in the running to face Manny?

I think so. This fight has become incredibly intriguing to me all of a sudden and 2 factors which I think are important:Manny hasn't faced a pure boxer like Joel who uses lateral movement as he does and secondly,Joel has faced far bigger punchers in JLC and Chico and punch for punch,maybe even Kats. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sooooooo.....Should Joel be back in the running to face Manny?

Welll, sure... I mean I'd love to see Pac or Marquez move up to lightweight any fight any of the champ's there. It looks for the meantime like Pac is going to fight David Diaz(kinda a crap fight but good for Manny to at least adjust to the division). While that happens though, I think Casamayor and Nate Campbell should fight. Their first could have gone either way imo, and now I'd slightly favour Nate still but last night proved Casa certainly hasn't lost it. I think Pacquiao would be hard pressed to beat either of them to be honest, but they are certainly great matchups.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    I think so. This fight has become incredibly intriguing to me all of a sudden and 2 factors which I think are important:Manny hasn't faced a pure boxer like Joel who uses lateral movement as he does and secondly,Joel has faced far bigger punchers in JLC and Chico and punch for punch,maybe even Kats. Thoughts?
    There is a high probability that it won't happen this year so it might not happen at all. However, I'd like the fight to happen to see how Manny will fare against a fighter like Casa. It will be very exciting. Just the thought of Pac holding the Ring's championship belt in the superfeather and lightweight is quite an attractive option for Pac.By then,people will be saying again that Pacquaio is only good against aging fighters.

An imminent debate with VD will then transpire after this post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Na,Manny is a warrior but Bob Arum will do EVERYTHING humanly possible to make sure he doesn't fight someone like Guzman or Cas,with the lateral movement. They would make Manny look real bad imo I mean JMM with some very slight movement and counter punching troubles Manny ALOT so those 2,yeah,they would be tough. Factor in that Manny has lost the fire of 2006(which I don't think he'll ever surpass) and Cas/Guzman are matches that I don't see being made ever!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Na,Manny is a warrior but Bob Arum will do EVERYTHING humanly possible to make sure he doesn't fight someone like Guzman or Cas,with the lateral movement. They would make Manny look real bad imo I mean JMM with some very slight movement and counter punching troubles Manny ALOT so those 2,yeah,they would be tough. Factor in that Manny has lost the fire of 2006(which I don't think he'll ever surpass) and Cas/Guzman are matches that I don't see being made ever!

With what you just said, Arum might be thinking of making the fight with Casa. I'm just afraid that some Pac haters here will be criticizing again that idea. Expect them to say this "Casa is too old, blahblah-blah."

Guzman will be good for Pacquaio. If he wins against Guzman ,Pacquiao will finally prove his superiority even against slick boxers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see Pacman fighting Cas than David Diaz and Ricky Hatton:it makes more sense but I don't mind the Diaz fight,he needs a break after the JM fight. And I disagree,Arum,as soon as Guzman beat my boy Soto said straight away that the Guzman fight would not be made,we all know why.He saw what we saw,a tremendously skilled fighter who would give Manny HUGE HUGE trouble with this style. It's the same with Cas.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rather see Pacman fighting Cas than David Diaz and Ricky Hatton:it makes more sense but I don't mind the Diaz fight,he needs a break after the JM fight. And I disagree,Arum,as soon as Guzman beat my boy Soto said straight away that the Guzman fight would not be made,we all know why.He saw what we saw,a tremendously skilled fighter who would give Manny HUGE HUGE trouble with this style. It's the same with Cas.

Believe me in this EG. Pac vs Guzman is highly probable to happen in the future. It will be good for Pacquaio to fight Guzman especially if Pac already wants to retire.

What a better way to retire. Fight a very good boxer and give the throne to him. Guzman and Valero are good heirs to Pacquaio's fame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see you're being reasonable. Don't you agree that Manny has lost some of his fire>? That fury he had seems to have gone in his last 4 fights imo.He's improved technically but lost some agression and that has made him less dangerous imol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well for be sincere , is no doubt that Casamayor is that fight with Katsidis , he showed his real experience of boxing and speed , though in some of round he looked like some tire , but with Pacquiao i think he will going need more stamina for keep boxing the aggressivity of Pacquiao until the end of the fight , that is the only flaw that i will see that Casamayor need for fight to Pacquiao STAMINA ..........
    Last edited by Macho; 03-23-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see you're being reasonable. Don't you agree that Manny has lost some of his fire>? That fury he had seems to have gone in his last 4 fights imo.He's improved technically but lost some agression and that has made him less dangerous imol.

I agree with you again EG. Manny has somewhat lost his killer instinct. He has slowed down and he lost the aggression. He could have TKOed JMM in the fourth had that happened in 2003 or 2004 when he battered BArrera.

Now he's no longer aggressive and at the same time he's not technically excellent.

It's a matter of time when someone younger and stronger will KO him unless he goes back to his old style and self.

Against Valero, he needs to be the one who castigated Barrera. Against Guzman, Pac needs to be the one who KOed Morales in their 2nd fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great question. That is a pick'em fight for me just for style purposes. I think Manny hits Casa with a good shot and hurts him but other than that,tough call. I had Joel losing last night by a few (3) points and the fight was Katsidis' fight to lose by being foolish. There are so many great guys in or moving to that division it is hard to say what the best matches will be. Joel should fight his #1 wich is likely Campbell although he hates giving rematches,notoriously. Manny should not get any crap for fighting Diaz who is a very sturdy guy who is naturally a little thicker and will make for some great action in the ring. Not just a cake-walk entrance for Manny but a good,strong intro to lightweight. I thought it hillarious that Casa was calling out only the smaller or old retired guys to fight. What a dill hole. I was so pissed that Katsidis got stupid in there even tho I won money with the under 10.5 round KO. I was ready for a new,willing to fight,true champ to take over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My name is Dean, and I support this message.

I think it would be a great fight. Although when two southpaws fight, you usually find they end up tripping over each other quite a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pac would beat the current Casa quite easily. Pac is much quicker, more accurate and harder punching than Katsidis and he would have capitalized where Kats failed to last night.
    Last edited by Jesse James; 03-23-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nahh...That time has come and gone...Joel has lost a few steps in his game....now 3 years ago it would have been a good fight....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanna see Pac fight DDD first. It's gonna be his first fight at the lightweight. And I think it's fair to say that let's judge Pac's performance first against DDD if he's really comfortable in that weight class.

One thing that bugs me though. Pac will be competing against old guys again. Both Casa and Campbell are champions, and both defeated the young undefeated JD and Kats. I just hope people would give Pac some credits if he captured their belts.

Thread Information