Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny Steward out, Pat Burns might be back in as Jermain Taylor's trainer

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Steward out, Pat Burns might be back in as Jermain Taylor's trainer

I didn't notice another thread on this

I'm not sure it will make that big of a difference, he's just got some technical and mental problems but who knows, maybe it will

edit-I thought Pat Burns was definitely back in, apparently not yet although there talking about it

Either way, thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Steward out, Pat Burns might be back in as Jermain Taylor's trainer

hey ouma, where you get that info?? ive been waitin news on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Steward out, Pat Burns might be back in as Jermain Taylor's trainer

Good for Manny; Good for Taylor. Poor, poor Patrick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuke
    ive been waitin news on this.
    You mean before you ever posted again?

This is & will be great news...but I aint so sure that it's gonna help for this fight.

One thing is for sure...if it goes the stretch...his corner will be a hell of a lot better than it has been.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope it helps him, though I think all his problems are internal and will either be fixed by himself or nobody. But maybe getting back to his roots will be more comforting for him. After what Pavlik did to him something had to change.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik needs to be a little more serious in his next fight against Taylor.
    Kelly showed Taylor that he is no longer an amatuer or a 17 year old little boy. He got that out of the way and made a statement that was loud and clear by putting Taylor to sleep like a rabid dog.
    Pavlik had to have learned his lesson. If he goes in there playing around again, he will get caught and it might cost him which would possibly bring us to a historic trilogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxings_Greatest
    Pavlik needs to be a little more serious in his next fight against Taylor.
    Kelly showed Taylor that he is no longer an amatuer or a 17 year old little boy. He got that out of the way and made a statement that was loud and clear by putting Taylor to sleep like a rabid dog.
    Pavlik had to have learned his lesson. If he goes in there playing around again, he will get caught and it might cost him which would possibly bring us to a historic trilogy.
    Well if Pavlik doesn't take Taylor seriously next go round, and wants to make giggly faces at him again, then he deserves to get KTFO. I can't wait for this one.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A link Ouma my man? I don't think it's going to make a difference if I'm honest. Once a fighter has bad habits,and has been using those habits for a while,it's difficult to get out of them. Pavlik still koes him in the rematch imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nelson to train Taylor!, check out fightnews.com they say manny is out but pat isn't the guy.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuke
    hey ouma, where you get that info?? ive been waitin news on this.
    espn.go.com

Its a Dan Rafael article

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Nelson really a trainer? I thought he was more like just a manager although I think they said on the HBO countdown that he used to own a gym or something.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward needs to be out. He didn't do jack shat for Taylor cept take a big chunk of his purse and fukin get him knocked out, by NOT tellin him to get his freakin hands up to stop that right hand last time out. Pat Burns should be back in, Taylor should have never betrayed him in the first place.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Steward needs to be out. He didn't do jack shat for Taylor cept take a big chunk of his purse and fukin get him knocked out, by NOT tellin him to get his freakin hands up to stop that right hand last time out. Pat Burns should be back in, Taylor should have never betrayed him in the first place.
    i think you have that the other way around.
    GOOD for steward. He doesn't need some jerkoff kid that doesnt want to listen. Manny over the years has displayed nothing but professionalism, but the only time i seen him get completely frustrated in the ring was with taylor. Taylor just would not listen to steward, and i believe its a sigh of relief for steward. How frustrating would it be if you had a kid with all the talent in the world, but just couldn't apply it for a full 12 rounds. It would drive any perfect trainer crazy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    i think you have that the other way around.
    GOOD for steward. He doesn't need some jerkoff kid that doesnt want to listen. Manny over the years has displayed nothing but professionalism, but the only time i seen him get completely frustrated in the ring was with taylor. Taylor just would not listen to steward, and i believe its a sigh of relief for steward. How frustrating would it be if you had a kid with all the talent in the world, but just couldn't apply it for a full 12 rounds. It would drive any perfect trainer crazy.
    My friend, clearly you have never seen Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea but Lewis went and knocked Tyson out and then Taylor went out and got his ass beat and knocked the fuck out so there is a different on listening.

Thread Information