Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I know Hatton got the decision so that we get to see PBF-Hatton but...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I know Hatton got the decision so that we get to see PBF-Hatton but...

Based on tonight people won't be quick to pay $50 to see PBF make Hatton look like an amateur. Hatton's value went down tonight, whether you think he won or lost (he lost). I guess we can look forward to ODLH-PBF and Hatton-Gatti. Great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know Hatton got the decision so that we get to see PBF-Hatton but...

I been trying to say that Hatton was an easy style fight for Floyd. But I just hear that Hatton can walk through anything after tonight how are those accusations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I know Hatton got the decision so that we get to see PBF-Hatton but...

Hatton and PBF would look Nothing like hatton and Collazo.

Collazo is alot taller then Floyd, Stronger then Floyd and he is a southpaw...

If you watched hattons earlier fights he NEVER looked good against southpaws but allways looks great against Orthodox fighters.

Hatton/PBF would be very diff and PBF would be complaining about the ruff house tatctics to much and would be thrown of the gameplan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there wouldn't be any rough house tactics because hatton would get hit with jabs, striaght rights, and check left hooks..and floyd would circle away before hatton gets to him..this will be done for 12 rounds en route to 120-108 ud for PBF...I said this two months ago and didn't to see this fight know that...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check left hooks would nto keep hatton away from Mayweather....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin
    Hatton and PBF would look Nothing like hatton and Collazo.

Collazo is alot taller then Floyd, Stronger then Floyd and he is a southpaw...

If you watched hattons earlier fights he NEVER looked good against southpaws but allways looks great against Orthodox fighters.

Hatton/PBF would be very diff and PBF would be complaining about the ruff house tatctics to much and would be thrown of the gameplan...
    Only trouble is that besides a faded Tszyu, Hatton's opponents were very ordinary and Collazo is only the 2nd quality fighter Rick has faced!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey Salhadin believes Collazo hits harder then Judah and Mayweather. Thats a valid point right there as to why he had Ricky rocky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

check left hooks while rolling to the left would send hatton to the ropes...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    Based on tonight people won't be quick to pay $50 to see PBF make Hatton look like an amateur. Hatton's value went down tonight, whether you think he won or lost (he lost). I guess we can look forward to ODLH-PBF and Hatton-Gatti. Great!
    Hatton-Gatti would be interesting. If Arturo Gatti can beat Baldomir that fight becomes a possibility. As far as overall skill is concerned, Hatton-Gatti is a good match. If Baldomir beats Gatti I wouldn't mind seeing Baldomir-Hatton. Frankly I have no interest in seeing Hatton fight either Mayweather, De La Hoya or Margarito. It would look like Hatton was going to his own execution. Short guys are supposed to punch inside, not clinch, and if Hatton tried to bull and wrestle against the 3 guys I just mentioned he would get killed. I prefer even matches, not slaughters.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I been trying to say that Hatton was an easy style fight for Floyd. But I just hear that Hatton can walk through anything after tonight how are those accusations
    Hatton can walk through any light welter, he tried to do it against a natural Welter and it didn't work. Is Floyd a natural Welter?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just seen the fight...it does end up being close, but hatton most definately does enough....

hatton wins that and the knock down was the deciding element....

after listening to all the talk on here, i must say that it wasnt as bad as i was expecting, hatton dug in and did what he needed to do....

still, needs plenty of work though if he is to step up against any top name in the division though....that wasnt enough to beat a PBF....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good call Miles, people like Baller are not interested in watching the fight as a contest, they just want Hatton to lose.
    It was a tough tight fight but Hatton was clearly the winner and he came forward all night long. Even after the 12th round barrage he sustained from Collazo.
    There was only one winner and the AMERICAN judges were correct when they chose the British fighter as the clear winner.
    Knockdowns win fights.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we all knew that stylistically this would be tricky for hatton, it just turned out to be more tricky than we imagined....

i want to see hatton fight the winner of baldomir: gatti next....hatton needs to work on his head movement somewhat and actually think about defence, he was too easy to hit last night...

anyway, a fight against baldomir or gatti wouldnt be such a stylistic nightmare for hatton...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    check left hooks while rolling to the left would send hatton to the ropes...
    Well i dont know bout that, but i do fear that Hattons own left hook attack would be completely nullified by Mayweathers style of defence....

I mean, when was the last time Mayweather was actually hit an orthodox left power shot anyway
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information