Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd: The $8m Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    The situation is simple,hopefully Oscar will lose,Floyd will have no option but to fight Tony and if he does not fight him then,I think we can allll safely assume he is ducking Margarito. Everyone keeps talking about the Hatton fight but at the moment,in the US,there is noooooo way Hatton will make PBF $8mill guranteed! No way! No promoter is willing to invest that heavily in that fight yet,hence the reason it is not possible at the moment! Heck even Arum stated it in a link posted a while ago! He said that the fight was not worth it at the moment!

Fact is Margarito is the best WW on the planet bar none. I think Tony could walk through Zab,Baldomir(who he bust up in sparring),Gatti AND Hatton. So we need to see the 2 best fight each other! I AM a Floyd fan but I just don't like who he has been fighting in the last few years,I don't rate Judah and the rest speak for themselves. If he beats Margarito,credit where it is due,and even if fans try to belittle it,we true fans know it would be an awesome victory.
    i take issue with a few of your comments there. i think margarito can beat baldomir and gatti without too much trouble. he can dispose of zab, though he must weather difficult early rounds. there is no way margarito simply "walks through" ricky hatton as you put it though. besides mayweather hatton is the most difficult fight out there for tony.

furthermore, margarito is POTENTIALLY the best welterweight. IMO he isnt the best at this point in time. until he defeats the other top figures out there, then he has no right to be described as the best. its jumping the gun a little. we need to wait and see if he can really prove himself once he gets his big chances....

Sorry,that was more my poor wording than anything else,Hatton would be a real challenge but I don't see how he could stop Margarito,if Maussa did that to his face,Margarito would serioulsy leave his slashed up!!!!! However,if Hatton did not cut up,it would be a close fight and 1 I would loooove to see!
    for sure hatton would be a huge challenge for margarito, but you'd have to ask is margarito really ready to handle hatton as well. its an unknown quantity. both guys need to beat top guys in the division. much depends on how hatton looks against collazo. i want to see how he handles the weight, though im pretty sure it shouldnt be any issue.

anyway, hatton: margarito is a discussion for another thread at a later time....

lets see if mayorga can stop delahoya and lets see what floyd does first....

just gotta wait a little longer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt Margarito will last long enough to headbutt Hatton. It would look similar to Hatton's Tackie fight with Margarito being just a bit taller.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton's weakness is his ability to cut easily and it's not as if he is going to run from Margarito,he is going to be standing in front of Tony and we have allll seen what happens if you do that! Heck Lujan tried to run and look at his ear

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton's weakness is his ability to cut easily and it's not as if he is going to run from Margarito,he is going to be standing in front of Tony and we have allll seen what happens if you do that! Heck Lujan tried to run and look at his ear
    the lujan incident was a very unsual incident and i highly doubt margarito will be butchering any other ears in his career. if he did i would be highly suspicious!!

like i said before there are too many unanswered questions about both fighters. margarito has been fighting contenders but not been given the opportunity against the cream because he seems to have been avoided. hattton meanwhile is just stepping up and i really want to see him fight collazo before i make any sound judgements on hatton in the division. but to be honest margarito hasnt beaten anybody that i dont think hatton could probably beat.

at the same time im making no slur against margarito....thats why i want judah or PBF or whoever just to give him his big shot and so we can see if he has it in him to fight and beat the top money men....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Floyd: The $8m Chicken

Sheesh, this thread began April 2006, and a few wise boxing fans had already seen through the maywetaher smokescreens and were already calling him a chicken almost 5 years ago....

Kudos.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    the lujan incident was a very unsual incident and i highly doubt margarito will be butchering any other ears in his career. if he did i would be highly suspicious!!

like i said before there are too many unanswered questions about both fighters. margarito has been fighting contenders but not been given the opportunity against the cream because he seems to have been avoided. hattton meanwhile is just stepping up and i really want to see him fight collazo before i make any sound judgements on hatton in the division. but to be honest margarito hasnt beaten anybody that i dont think hatton could probably beat.

at the same time im making no slur against margarito....thats why i want judah or PBF or whoever just to give him his big shot and so we can see if he has it in him to fight and beat the top money men....
    No use of the caps lock whatsoever. Must have been quite drunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Sheesh, this thread began April 2006, and a few wise boxing fans had already seen through the maywetaher smokescreens and were already calling him a chicken almost 5 years ago....

Kudos.

thats right mate....alot of people called it way back then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...including me, just on other sites as I wasn't on this site yet.

I read this guy like a book years ago because I've been a fight-fan from way back in the great era of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez, Arguello...

Ya pick up a few things, can recognize things...like when a fighter loses his nerve and begins throwing up smokescreens and braggadocio to try to cover up the fact that he's not fighting any of the top guys anymore.
    floid quit being a fighter in 2002 when Castillo whupped his lil @$$.

I have to admit:
    I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when fellow fight-fans finally come out and say,
    "bradguy, you were right all along. You called it like you had a damn crystal ball."

Just a minute, I'm gonna look for something..

EDIT:
    nevermind, got a few other things to do right now.
    Last edited by bradlee180; 01-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information