Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default chris "simply the best " eubank

love him or hate him, one things for sure you'll never see another like him. this guys mental strengh was something else, no matter what happened he alway thought he was winning

a true eccentric madman who put bums on seats and eyes stuck to screens. his struting, possing, silly fake accent, open talk of dislike for boxing, arrogents towards opponents, power punching, colourfull post fight comments and general silly behaviour made him a much memarobole charecter

but how many of you guys thing he was a good fighter and were you one of the many who hated him while he was champ but warmed to him later, always hated him or always liked him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: chris "simply the best " eubank

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank were the only boxers I knew back when I was a youngster. Like everyone else I love Benn and really hated Eubank, although looking back on the matches I taped I really enjoy his whole personality he had going. As for his boxing talent, he was very good, he had good skills and a great chin, but he was often very boring unless he was fighting someone who really too the fight to him. That is atleast partially atributed to him paralysing Micheal Watson, and fighting to win rounds from then on. His fights against Watson, Benn, Collins and Calzaghe were all good matches but his matches against lesser opponents were dull. Not that it mattered to him, as he always won.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank has always been my favourite ever fighter. My mates used to hate him but I though I he was simply the best indeed.

Generally I like the eccentric characters. I love James Toney, like Mayorga, but really fucking hate Carl Froch!

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know what this topics for but yes Eubank got me in to boxing when he fough Benn the second time, id always known about him through my dad and still remember watching tvam and seeing all the reporters and Chris at the hospital the morning after the Watson fight.

Anyway the second Benn fight I thought it was hilarious that Benn is supposed to be some viscious animal and Chris is just sneering and grinning at him and just stops fighting all together at points during the fight to litteraly go walking about the ring and posing. while Benn is intently listening to his trainer between rounds Chris is posing to the crowd

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and yes Froch is a twat, after those comments last year that went along the lines of "im the countrys best sportsman." they just look ludicrous after what Joe and Ricky acheived last year while he struggles with an Aussie journyman

Hopefully Magee can shut his mr Burns look a like face up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank is a better human being than Benn, Benn had the character of a bully when he was younger that got everything he wanted...Eubank protected the younger kids from the bullies, he was noble and had great integrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is Chris Eubank hated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he 'was' hated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but some may hate him today because he talks like an english gentlemen and people find his dresscode odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why was he hated?

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was in the minority that liked him, I found his antics comical but most found him a tad arrogant.

Chris has said himself that he based his tweed and monical wearing persona on Terry Thomas, an old british comedy actor, Chris made fun of himself.

A few years later Hamed came along and I was one that hated him because of the crass childish things he did like dancing in a skirt over Robinsons head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    why was he hated?
    because he openly disliked boxing, calling it a mug's game, barbaric etc etc
    The media potrayed him as a hate and love figure and arrogant, the truth was that he loved the art of boxing....he just didn't like the business where promoters use boxers and then disgard them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    I was in the minority that liked him, I found his antics comical but most found him a tad arrogant.

Chris has said himself that he based his tweed and monical wearing persona on Terry Thomas, an old british comedy actor, Chris made fun of himself.

A few years later Hamed came along and I was one that hated him because of the crass childish things he did like dancing in a skirt over Robinsons head
    Didn't Hamed nearly blind himself with that sweater when he flipped into the ring. But the Robinson fight was just brutal, if Robinson was in his prime before that fight, he was more shot then Holyfield right after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

robinson looked amateurish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was the best prospect I've ever seen, but went downhill when struggling to make weight (and the Benn fight took a lot out of him both physically and confidence-wise, then the Watson fight was the final straw).

Thread Information