Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Witter: "I Want To Stick it To Hatton"

Witter: "I Want To Stick it To Hatton"

With a world title shot around the corner, The-People.uk reports that junior welterweight Junior Witter still wants to lure his countryman Ricky Hatton into a long awaited clash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Witter: "I Want To Stick it To Hatton"

that would be a good match, I love a good in house rivalry ! However Corley is going to be tough fight for Witter, Junior need to win that fight first , and talk shit later. !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody knows who Witter is outside of boxing.

He's delusional when he refers to the "public".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter hasnt looked good in his last few fights,he will have to be alot better aginst Corley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    Witter hasnt looked good in his last few fights,he will have to be alot better aginst Corley.
    I think that was down to the quality of oppostion more than anything.

If it's a fight worth getting out of bed for, Witter's performance is world class. Witter won the European titles SO easily and put N'Duo on his backside a couple of times. Something Cotto failed to do.

I'm really looking forward to Witter v Corely and I'll keep saying what I said from day one.... WITTER WILL KO HATTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

www.livefight.co.uk

Piece on Hatton V Witter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A fight that exactly no one outside of the UK will care about. Hatton needs to fight bigger names. Witter is a nobody, regardless of how much he wants to try to amp himself up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hatton is the most sought out fighter other than PBF..Or so it seems
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Um, I think Oscar very much owns that status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

If your speaking about DLH...I don't think so...Right now he is looking for a big fight who is seeking him?...He has no titles...The only thing he can generate is $$$ other than that not much...He isn't even ranked

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is a household name compared to Witter. If he starts stepping it up, I think he would be really in demand. Showtime has made him very well known...practically followed his rise.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your speaking about DLH...I don't think so...Right now he is looking for a big fight who is seeking him?...He has no titles...The only thing he can generate is $$$ other than that not much...He isn't even ranked
    Are you serious? There is not another fighter in the world right now who could sell more PPV's than Oscar. I gaurantee his final fight next year will be the biggest PPV fight of 2007.

If I was Mayweather, Mosely, Margarito, Wright or any other top fighter in those weights I'd want Oscar above anyone. Fight him and your'e set up for a lifetime, to say nothing about the rewards for beating someone with Oscar's legacy. There is no-one fighting today who has achieved more in the sport.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to agree,I think Oscar is by far the most sought after fighters,it's guranteed biggest payday ever and the list of fighters that want him: Winky,PBF,Tito,Margarito,Williams,heck even Hatton has said he would fight him and the list just goes on. I don't think Hatton is that sought after,apart from Witter,I don't think anyone else really wants him do they?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't be serious. The $$$ is the whole point. Everyone cares about that far more than some alphabet trinket. In any case, for what it's worth (not much), Oscar won a belt off of Mayorga; Hatton currently has none, since he's vacated them all. A fight against Oscar would bring a fighter AT LEAST twice as much money as a fight against Hatton.

This is why big name, marquee fighters like Floyd and Winky (plus less marquee names like Margarito, who's still a much bigger name than, e.g., Witter) call out ODH (and not Hatton); and why the only guy calling out Hatton is a no-name chump like Witter.

Seriously, Hatton needs to step up. If he's really only fighting for 2-3 years he should not be wasting his time with small-beans fighters like Witter. It would add nothing to a legacy. Castillo is the only fight that does anything for him at 140.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't be serious. The $$$ is the whole point. Everyone cares about that far more than some alphabet trinket. In any case, for what it's worth (not much), Oscar won a belt off of Mayorga; Hatton currently has none, since he's vacated them all. A fight against Oscar would bring a fighter AT LEAST twice as much money as a fight against Hatton.

This is why big name, marquee fighters like Floyd and Winky (plus less marquee names like Margarito, who's still a much bigger name than, e.g., Witter) call out ODH (and not Hatton); and why the only guy calling out Hatton is a no-name chump like Witter.

Seriously, Hatton needs to step up. If he's really only fighting for 2-3 years he should not be wasting his time with small-beans fighters like Witter. It would add nothing to a legacy. Castillo is the only fight that does anything for him at 140.

I understand what your saying about the money but a fight against DLH and a loss to him can set a guy back in the rankings.....What fighter doesn't want a world title right now?? A world title will set you up for big money fights not A big money fight....Hatton right now in his division is the most sought after name...He will help put a ring title around your waist....PBF would be the most sought after guy from 135 to 154....Truth is IMO other then money DLH holds no value...A loss to him would be hurt a career a win would too...There would always be the old...He wasnt in his prime label....Truth really is DLH is only going to fight who he can go out with a fight to cap off his career...and a win over PBF or Wright is the only two guys out there who can cap his career off with style

Thread Information