Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing preferences

I dunno how everyone else follows boxing but i don't stay on top of every division.
    Being a heavyweight and hoping to have a future in that division, i basically just watch to see whats going on there and i'll tune in to the big match-ups in other divisions. Other than that theres a few fighters i follow because something i saw in one of their fights caught my attention. Is everyone else like this or do they try to follow everything from all divisions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing preferences

I follow every weight class, but I care the most about Heavy, Middle and Welter.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I follow boxing and it's fighters. I could care less about there weight. Skill is skill.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I follow boxing and it's fighters. I could care less about there weight. Skill is skill.
    Same here, if it's boxing and it's on t.v. or the net I'm watching...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Agreed...I like any weight, any style, any size shape and color. If they have talent I'll watch them fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to watch all weight classes. The lighter fighters seem to be a lot more exciting. Seems like most of the heavyweights now are slow, sometimes out of shape and tend to throw a couple of punches and then clinch. It's hard for me to get excited for any heavyweight matches. Hopefully someone will come along and change the heavyweight scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasback
    I like to watch all weight classes. The lighter fighters seem to be a lot more exciting. Seems like most of the heavyweights now are slow, sometimes out of shape and tend to throw a couple of punches and then clinch. It's hard for me to get excited for any heavyweight matches. Hopefully someone will come along and change the heavyweight scene.
    True. I couldn't agree more. Gone are the days of Mike Tyson of old. Heavyweight was so exciting before. I even love the superheavyweight fights. The excitement is now in lower divisions.
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like all the divisions, but I wish there would be more media coverage of the lower weight classes
    like Minimum to Bantam, those guys usually go nuts, it's a lot better to watch them than say.......
    Valuev / Ruiz.

My favorite divisions are SuperFeather and Welter, there is just so much talent in both right now.
    I like ALL boxing though, I just want to see good match-ups where guys do what they do well, be it
    a defensive boxer, a brawler or whatever their style may be.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    I like all the divisions, but I wish there would be more media coverage of the lower weight classes
    like Minimum to Bantam, those guys usually go nuts, it's a lot better to watch them than say.......
    Valuev / Ruiz.

My favorite divisions are SuperFeather and Welter, there is just so much talent in both right now.
    I like ALL boxing though, I just want to see good match-ups where guys do what they do well, be it
    a defensive boxer, a brawler or whatever their style may be.
    I think I have opposite preferences: I dont like watching anything below SuperFeather, simply because of how small the fighters are getting. I understand they can have great fights, but something in me just is not into it. I like Heavyweight best: To me its still the king of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is still nothing like a good heavyweight fight.I think it is very exciting because one punch can change everything.I will watch the other divisions but when guys like Mayweather dance around for twelve rounds and win by decision, I just cant wait to watch two powerful heavyweights duke it out.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    There is still nothing like a good heavyweight fight.I think it is very exciting because one punch can change everything.I will watch the other divisions but when guys like Mayweather dance around for twelve rounds and win by decision, I just cant wait to watch two powerful heavyweights duke it out.
    But compare how often a good Heavyweight fight comes along vs. how often a good fight comes along in the Bantamweight or Featherweight division?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    But compare how often a good Heavyweight fight comes along vs. how often a good fight comes along in the Bantamweight or Featherweight division?
    Conditioning is a big factor for that.. the lighter weight classes are more competitive and deeper because the conditioning factor is better as a whole . only a select few in the Heavyweights have that true desire and dedication to put themselves in a self imposed weight range..

Mike Tyson in his Prime would target out at between 216 -220 tops. Tyson actually felt that opponents coming in to fight him with extra weight around their mid section was a sign of disrespect , that alone would mentally up his game and desire for putting the hammer down on the fat bastard. I wish more heavyweight fighters had this type of dedication to training. So few HW's are in true boxing condition these days .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like welterweights and junior welterweights because of the speed and power they possess. I also like middleweight, super middleweight, and heavyweight. I really which there was a good heavyweight division. Hopefully, Wlad can clear some of this up. Wlad vs Vitali in 2007.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any fight at any weight I always love to watch. Even if both fighters are quite shit, if its on TV I will watch it above anything else non boxing related.

SigmaMu Guest

I will watch anything but heavyweights. I will even watch the super heavy ButterBean but not the HW.

Thread Information