Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watch?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watch?

Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again

By Ant Evans: Former undisputed heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe says he wants to renew his legendary hostilities with Evander Holyfield in the New Year.

Bowe has not fought since April of 2005, when he struggled to beat journeyman Billy Zumbrum, but he insists he will return in 2007 despite turning 40 next summer. Bowe's controversial comeback currently stands at 2-0 (1KO) but 'Big Daddy' believes a fourth fight with 'the Real Deal' would interest fans.

full article here...
    http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=20813

"I haven't been impressed by him as a fighter for years. I was always the better fighter, I won all three fights (sic) we had and I knocked him out in the third fight. I want to knock him out again."

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watch?

Hell i'd rather see ali-frazier IV than this. Holyfield can manage a comeback because he's in good shape. Someone who struggles to maintain their condtioning and wants to comeback at 40+ will not be successful. If he wants a chance to be a factor in the division he'll have to do better than 250.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watch?

Sure I would watch it!

My reason....to let the fools know that neither Bowe nor Evander will EVER challenge for a title again.

It's time to hang them up fellas

ICB Guest

id definetly watch it u never know could be good fight i think if these two get it on again how much money and hype this would get man this is like dream fight all over again so id definetly watch it cant be no worse than the other shitty hw fights at moment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thought of it is sickening.

The heavyweight division has little or no credibility anymore; a fight such as this would kill the division completely.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watc

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    id definetly watch it u never know could be good fight i think if these two get it on again how much money and hype this would get man this is like dream fight all over again so id definetly watch it cant be no worse than the other shitty hw fights at moment
    ........................ Yes, yes it can be much worse than many HW fights even in this shite division. Holyfield, although basically washed up, is in much, much better condition at this point in time, Riddick Bowe just desperately needs money, he doesn't give a damn if he will win or lose, imo. Watch his comeback fight against Billy Zumbrun... His chin is gone, he's a fat slob who was being rocked all over the ring. Don't want to see this at all. Total joke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Add another option wack;

Bowe hears Lewis is coming out of retirement and goes back into hiding.

i vote for that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe wants to knock 'ungrateful' Holyfield out again. Can he? Should we watc

These two fighters don't resemble who they were in the ring 15 years ago.

Doesn't matter anyways...Bowe will not train for this fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not the first time taht I hear that Evander is really a a** with the fans....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is a joke. I don't want to hear about it. Better watch cockfights...which I usually do not do.
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my buddy told me the same thing about Evander. He walked up and asked for an autograph years ago and Evander said no.. my friend was totally upset by Evander. The guy has not appreciation for his fans. That is the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh hell, let the two decimate themselves into getting their licenses revoked.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is like a man jumping off of a tall building, who's gonna turn away and who's gonna watch the guy hit the ground?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    This fight is like a man jumping off of a tall building, who's gonna turn away and who's gonna watch the guy hit the ground?
    Now that i'd watch because there's potentially free money involved as opposed to paying $50 for a fight that really shouldn't be on ppv (really shouldn't happen to begin with) and would have a more than likely even worse undercard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Bowes is either a bit loopy or he is desperate to find a stir up interest for a third fight...

Either way its sad. Bowe should of stayed in the Marine core.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information