Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default KHAN GETS TITLE SHOT

KHAN GETS TITLE SHOT
    Date: 7 Dec 2006 : Author: Iain Axon : Category: NORMAL NEWS, PRESS RELEASE : Views: 305 :Comments: 1

Amir Khan received an early 20th birthday present when it was announced he will fight for his first title on Saturday night.

With Scott Harrison withdrawing from his WBO featherweight title defence against Nicky Cook at London's ExCeL Arena, Khan's scheduled eight round clash with Rachid Drilzane has been upgraded.

The pair will now fight for the IBF Intercontinental light-welterweight title over 10 rounds.

Khan turns 20 on Friday, the first possible date he could fight for a title under British Boxing Board of Control rules.

"Out of bad comes good," said promoter Frank Warren, who made the match at light-welterweight because originally Khan and Drilzane had been due to meet at 9'12.

"Amir is stepping up to the plate although its not a decision that was taken lightly.

"It's a big step up for him, and we gave it a lot of careful thought, but Amir agreed he was ready and so did his trainer, Oliver Harrison."

Khan, who insisted he was still really only a lightweight, added that he was delighted by the move.

"I said yes straight away," said Khan, who has sparred 10 rounds in the gym.

"I had to ask Oliver Harrison 'Do you think I'm ready?' and he said yes.

"My fitness is there, although because it is a 10 rounder I will have to pace myself through the first few rounds."

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...itle-shot.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KHAN GETS TITLE SHOT

As i said to Rhun before...you may as well shit on a piece of paper and give it to Khan this title is crap. we all know Khan will safely win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nahh man i give him his props..whether its a shoe in or not a title is a title and the guy thats keeping it warm for amir right now must have won it from someone else.. so its better then some little bitch!!
    and im pretty chuffed about the light welter thing... getting closer to a future bout with jcc jr perhaps
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Nahh man i give him his props..whether its a shoe in or not a title is a title and the guy thats keeping it warm for amir right now must have won it from someone else.. so its better then some little bitch!!
    and im pretty chuffed about the light welter thing... getting closer to a future bout with jcc jr perhaps
    Man its a vacant piece of shit belt. No joke there is no point in Amir fighting for it. and dear god he shouldnt defend it either. Jcc Jr would be a good one for the future if both men keep buliding their records on bums!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    Man its a vacant piece of S*** belt. No joke there is no point in Amir fighting for it. and dear god he shouldnt defend it either. Jcc Jr would be a good one for the future if both men keep buliding their records on bums!
    The title doesn't really mean much but the fact he's going 10 rounds and is moving up a division is something to credit the lad for.

His opponent isn't a puncher but his record is pretty good 10-3 and as we saw with Hatton a few pounds can make a lot of difference.

I'm looking forward to this fight.

ICB Guest

i dont simple reason is the guy has no kos so this is telling us nothing new i wana see him in with someone with atleast some sort of dangerous puncher with decent record

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    i dont simple reason is the guy has no kos so this is telling us nothing new i wana see him in with someone with atleast some sort of dangerous puncher with decent record
    Very good post. And I agree. Trying hard not to knock Khan to much, yet. But that competition level needs to move up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another moving punch bag for Khan. But atleast theyre stepping him up slowly. If i was his trainer i wouldnt be doing anything else for the boy, he may have a promising future, he may not...i just wish everybody would stop treating him like the next bloody Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OH Frank your match making excited us so! you knob lol! Asif anyone really thinks there is any chance of Kahn loosing, he will knock him the fuck out in no time at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't want to match Khan hard now. What are you guys nuts!

He's young and still growing... and learning his professional trade. I have a feeling they are moving him up too fast. It's gonna be 10 rounds from now on! And I've seen many VERY talented prospects beaten up by older men, based on their experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DAXXKAHN?

Thread Information