Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bernard Hopkins: Will 2007 be the year of the Executioner?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernard Hopkins: Will 2007 be the year of the Executioner?

Hopkins has stated that he wants Roy Jones Jr. in the summer & Joe Calzaghe before the year is over at Light Heavyweight! What are your comments on this? INO, Hopkins has gotten better with age & neither have the tools to defeat Hopkins at Light Heavy! Will this year be the year of the Executioner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins: Will 2007 be the year of the Executioner?

He'll destroy Jones but doubt he'll ever get it on with Calzaghe (although I think Calzaghe beats him at this stage of his career anyway). Theres really no point in Calzaghe going up to light heavy now either, the best fight for Joe would be against Kessler. Has Hopkins given up on the idea of fighting at heavyweight now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to answer the titile ... NO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly
    He'll destroy Jones but doubt he'll ever get it on with Calzaghe (although I think Calzaghe beats him at this stage of his career anyway). Theres really no point in Calzaghe going up to light heavy now either, the best fight for Joe would be against Kessler. Has Hopkins given up on the idea of fighting at heavyweight now?
    He only wanted Maskaev for a title at heavy and that doesn't look to be a fight that will be happening.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global
    He only wanted Maskaev for a title at heavy and that doesn't look to be a fight that will be happening.
    If Hopkins is to fight at all, it better be sooner rather than later. Im a great fan of the man, but even as conditioned as he is, age is not going to improve him.

He has a couple of fights in him at the most. Better make it count now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by global
    If Hopkins is to fight at all, it better be sooner rather than later. Im a great fan of the man, but even as conditioned as he is, age is not going to improve him.

He has a couple of fights in him at the most. Better make it count now....
    Yea I don't see him having enough gas to make it his year, but I think he can get one more fight in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously guys, do yall think that B-Hop being 42 counts for anything I think that he's too old to even try to face JoeCal. IMO, there's absolutely no way he can beat JoeCal. No way at all. JoeCal's handspeed and workrate would give B-Hop fits at this stage. Even four years ago, I think JC would have been a tough fight for B-Hop. Now? B-Hop is just asking to get embarrassed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Seriously guys, do yall think that B-Hop being 42 counts for anything I think that he's too old to even try to face JoeCal. IMO, there's absolutely no way he can beat JoeCal. No way at all. JoeCal's handspeed and workrate would give B-Hop fits at this stage. Even four years ago, I think JC would have been a tough fight for B-Hop. Now? B-Hop is just asking to get embarrassed.
    Although I think your wording is harsh,B Hop would make it competitive,I don't see one advantage Bernard has which he can use to beat Joe. I mean did you see Joe's speed,activity,combinations, against Lacy?! He would be even more pumped for this fight and if I was Joe,I'd do anything to make the B Hop fight happen.He would overwhelm B Hop.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand why hopkins would want calzaghe at LHW?

IF he fights him surly he thinks he an beat calzaghe? there for what a story it would be for hopkins to beat him at sMW, stop calzaghe beating hopkins title def's of 20 and become a 3 weight champion? does he think at LHW calzaghe would be harder at SMW than LHW? i can't see his hand speed being much slower if slower at all, calzaghe has said numerous times about how hard it is to make 167, so a step up to 175 would if anything be better for calzaghe...?

Thread Information