Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How Can You Not Like Arce...

Came across this picture, had to share it....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Can You Not Like Arce...

That was nasty gash he had and he didn't wan't the fight to be stopped he kept fighting and saying he was OK to continue....

I just don't got a good feeling on his up coming bout with Mijares I think Mijares is skilled and can box very well, Altought I'm rooting for Arce I can't help but think Mijares takes it by UD.....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen Mijares but man that was a great fight. What a great night of boxing period. It preceded Morales - Pac 1. Had it not been for JLC - Chico I those two fights would have been a toss up for FOTY.

What a great back and fourth battle though. Constantly on and off the ropes, both sweeping with hooks and straights. Both landing at will. That Hussein was a hell of a counterpuncher but Arce was absolutely relentless. Great fight I think I'm going to watch that fight tonight.

But what a disappointment the second fight was. Does anyone what the deal was with Hussein? He was extremely timid. Didn't throw many punches at all and was staving off Arce well. Arce sat him down twice but neither time he was really hurt. And then Fenech called the fight off? Does anyone know if Hussein is still with Fenech? That was a bizarre fight. Hussein looked completely uninterested in fighting.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Haven't seen Mijares but man that was a great fight. What a great night of boxing period. It preceded Morales - Pac 1. Had it not been for JLC - Chico I those two fights would have been a toss up for FOTY.

What a great back and fourth battle though. Constantly on and off the ropes, both sweeping with hooks and straights. Both landing at will. That Hussein was a hell of a counterpuncher but Arce was absolutely relentless. Great fight I think I'm going to watch that fight tonight.

But what a disappointment the second fight was. Does anyone what the deal was with Hussein? He was extremely timid. Didn't throw many punches at all and was staving off Arce well. Arce sat him down twice but neither time he was really hurt. And then Fenech called the fight off? Does anyone know if Hussein is still with Fenech? That was a bizarre fight. Hussein looked completely uninterested in fighting.
    Yeah Arce is a tuff little troll. I hope he wins his next fight and goes on to wipe that smirk off of Vic Darchinyans fukin face. As for the second Hussein fight, I think Hussein was just plain scared. He had pushed himself to the absolute limit in the first fight...and still lost. So I think he just decided that it wasn't worth it to go thru that hell again, he figured Arce was just too tuff for him, and he said fuk it in the first round. Hussein was beaten mentally, he didn't think he could win, and didn't want to try.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're probably right but that's not something I would expect of someone who competed so valiantly just the fight before. Complete and utter breakdown it was actually kind of sad to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep,Huessin definitely fought scared. Mijares will be a good name for Arce on the resume,and it's a style jOrge has not fought in a while so I hope he makes the necessary adjustments! I still think when Arce gets him to the ropes,we shall see destruction although I admit,I have not seen Mijares in action yet! Remember though,Arce has boxing skills too! Mick,is Mijares really that good?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is the guy who wears the short shorts. Nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    That was nasty gash he had and he didn't wan't the fight to be stopped he kept fighting and saying he was OK to continue....

I just don't got a good feeling on his up coming bout with Mijares I think Mijares is skilled and can box very well, Altought I'm rooting for Arce I can't help but think Mijares takes it by UD.....
    I didn't know he was fighting Mijares, he's supposed to be pretty good, definitely a big step up over Ler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still favor Arce over Mijare. Arce should break him down and win down the stretch late R stoppage.

Thread Information