Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: What would happen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait a minute...hmmm...Pacquiao vs Hatton @ 140...who ya got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wait a minute...hmmm...Pacquiao vs Hatton @ 140...who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I wouldn't want Pac to jump straight to 140 and fight Hatton. Not saying Pac couldn't hang, but I think Hatton might be a little big right now.

Pac vs Cassamyora

I don't see why not. Floyd jumped to super middle. Mosley jumped from lightweight to welterweight. If you're p4p then it shouldn't matter. It would be a challenge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I wouldn't want Pac to jump straight to 140 and fight Hatton. Not saying Pac couldn't hang, but I think Hatton might be a little big right now.

Pac vs Cassamyora

I don't see why not. Floyd jumped to super middle. Mosley jumped from lightweight to welterweight. If you're p4p then it shouldn't matter. It would be a challenge.
    Agreed, it shouldn't matter. I would just be rooting for Pac, and that might to too much, besides, I still think JMM deserves the first shot at Pac, in which I will be rooting for JMM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is a great fighter, but he should be worried about fighters like JMM and maybe even Casamoyer, don't care how much you want to hype him not 140. Besides just because Floyd did it does not mean everybody will do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton fans should feel awefully embarrassed that their hero, who recently captured a belt at welterweight, would be expected to be knocked unconcious by a super featherweight. I mean that's just downright embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, this one is close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shite topic. hatton is to big and he is the big dog at 140, even the pac man couldnt beat him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton would work him. By round 8 Manny's corner would be throwing the towel. He's too small to take rounds of body shots from Hatton. He'd walk out looking like Gatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as much as i like pac, his advantage for this fight; speed, workrate, stamina and power will be more than offset by hatton's size. i don't discount an upset but two weight class jump is too fast/risky.
    imo, pac vs diaz at 135 is a good match-up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Hatton fans should feel awefully embarrassed that their hero, who recently captured a belt at welterweight, would be expected to be knocked unconcious by a super featherweight. I mean that's just downright embarrassing.
    LOL I know, never knew Pac hit harder than people like Vince Phillips, Kostya Tszyu and John Thaxton. He is one tough guy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    shite topic. hatton is to big and he is the big dog at 140, even the pac man couldnt beat him there.
    the third pac-em fight, pac weighed at 144.. close to 147... and everytime he hits morales who is taller and has a longer reach morales would wobble like a jelly.. come on man.. it would be a good fight but dont count pac out... hes been counted out a lot of time against much bigger names... look where he is now
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Yea, Pac does come in the ring big and strong come fight night... I'll reserve judgement till after the Castillo fight
    I think Pac was only 140 in the ring against Solis, even though he's probably about as tall as Hatton his frame is wirey, he probably wouldn't gain any weight overnight against Hatton, which would mean he'd be perfectly hydrated and his stamina would be as good as it could be, Hatton would come in at 152-154 on the night, and he's always in terrific shape and able to go 12 (other than against Urango but apparently he was ill ) so I'd have to give Hatton the edge because of the vast strength advantage, when fighters make it as physical as Hatton does, when your significantly weaker strength wise it breaks you, Hatton would get more off and smother Pacquiao to a UD IMO. Would be a very intresting fight though, and maybe not as clear cut as I described.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Yea, Pac does come in the ring big and strong come fight night... I'll reserve judgement till after the Castillo fight
    I think Pac was only 140 in the ring against Solis, even though he's probably about as tall as Hatton his frame is wirey, he probably wouldn't gain any weight overnight against Hatton, which would mean he'd be perfectly hydrated and his stamina would be as good as it could be, Hatton would come in at 152-154 on the night, and he's always in terrific shape and able to go 12 (other than against Urango but apparently he was ill ) so I'd have to give Hatton the edge because of the vast strength advantage, when fighters make it as physical as Hatton does, when your significantly weaker strength wise it breaks you, Hatton would get more off and smother Pacquiao to a UD IMO. Would be a very intresting fight though, and maybe not as clear cut as I described.
    Hatton is not only too big, he is also far too strong. He hasn't impressed americans because on his 2 showcase fights he has fought two big southpaws who were quite a lot stronger than him. Hell he rarely impressed us English fans when he fought southpaws at domestic level. However he still gets the job done and that's what is important. You will see come the Castillo fight anyway....

Hatton stops Pac by the way, who also has his hands full if he fights Valero or Guzman. I think they are more realistic targets for him.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paquiao would beat hatton, simple.

two things

Pac is in good shape

Pac is a southpaw with power

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin

two things

Pac is in good shape

Of course Pac is in good shape he is a top p4p pro boxer! But if your saying Pac hits harder than Kostya Tszyu you need to have a word with yourself!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salhadin

two things

Pac is in good shape

This posting is a prime example of some of the nonsense I have read on this thread.

Hatton has been comfortable at a higher weight for an eternity and would be too powerful, and dare I say it, skilled for Pac...

Pac would lose some of his speed going up and his body would not be as strong as it is against his current opponents in his lower weight class...

Hatton would bruise up his ribs and probably stop him...Of course Pac would hit Hatton but would he carry that power and speed up? No some of it would get lost on the way.

Remember where Pac started his career folks...he could never go to junior welterweight!!

Thread Information