Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I gave $10 to charity

People came to the door collecting money for some spinal thing and for some reason I was just in a giving mood and handed over a 10er....

Has anyone else ever given this amount to a charity? if any at all?
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I gave $10 to charity

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster
    People came to the door collecting money for some spinal thing and for some reason I was just in a giving mood and handed over a 10er....

If I'm in a good mood then whenever I'm asked to donate to charity I usually do, its good Karma man, plus you kinda feel good about yourself after you have donated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc #59 Diz

It’s good to do things like that mate ! Good for the soul If everyone did a just a fraction of that the world would be a positive place, when I am donating time or money I like to verify it’s a legit operation. So many scam snuffs out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will hand out just about anything I have on me to a homeless person. I've delt out cash. I've handed over a jacket. Once when I had nothing else I could give I took off my rosary and said , "this is all I have to give you," and followed it up with, "He hasn't forgotten you, brother."

Charities themselves I seldom give to. I like to see the person who gets my money. Not the most Christian way of thinking but it's just who I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

right on BG ! cc in 24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that's right!! Normally I just kinda fob them off a little or maybe give them a 2er...
    But I did feel good for giving them something worthwile.. They were over the moon!
    So yeah, i'm on the right side of Karma today =) My name is earl....
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I will hand out just about anything I have on me to a homeless person. I've delt out cash. I've handed over a jacket. Once when I had nothing else I could give I took off my rosary and said , "this is all I have to give you," and followed it up with, "He hasn't forgotten you, brother."

Charities themselves I seldom give to. I like to see the person who gets my money. Not the most Christian way of thinking but it's just who I am.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    I mean, I know research funds and everything are greatly needed, but handing over, say, $25 to an organization and never knowing what happens to that money is kind of off putting.

cc for the generous heart.

I also give to homeless whenever I can too. But I'm weary on giving them straight up cash. Most of the times there's a McDonald's or a Subway nearby where homeless people are. I usually offer to grab them a sandwich or something instead of handing them over money.
    The truly hungry are usually extremely grateful.
    The suspected druggies don't always take you up on the offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC #60 bro!

i also give to charity and try to support great causes as much as possible. 2 years ago i gave my whole entire tax refund to charity!

a couple weekends ago i went up to canada for a fund raising event for children with cancer

during the tsunami crisis in asia i gave alot of money whenever i shopped at costco since they had the big donation collection bin there.

but u can also just do other great things like marathons, walks, or even wear pink for breast cancer awareness month i do all those things!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

CC #60 bro!

i also give to charity and try to support great causes as much as possible. 2 years ago i gave my whole entire tax refund to charity!

a couple weekends ago i went up to canada for a fund raising event for children with cancer

during the tsunami crisis in asia i gave alot of money whenever i shopped at costco since they had the big donation collection bin there.

but u can also just do other great things like marathons, walks, or even wear pink for breast cancer awareness month i do all those things!
    CC Back,,, wow you do some great stuff!!

From my teenage years onwards I probably took quite a lot from the world so it feels good to give back these days.

I'm actually setting up a small business at the moment, and from the very start of it i'm planning to give 10% of profits to charity.. And continue that on for the rest of my life, whether it's one dollar or a million dollars in years to come, i'm going to always be doing this...

I think so many more businesses are in the position to be able to help like this... And a lot of the big ones do.
    Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Warren Buffet all give an absolute tonne of money to charity.

It's funny that when it comes to just general generousity like giving $5 or $10 to a homeless person, it's usually the people who look like they don't have money that are giving.. It's the suits who can afford it that turn their noses up..

Good to here though that their are some very decent people on here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what you mean about rather seeing the person though...
    In some cases with charities, you read that about 80-85% of the donations actually go to administration, and on 15% to 20% goes to the people who really need the help..
    Like if you donate $1,000,000 to a charity, the first thing the organisers do is say, okay we need to update our computers, new chairs, blah blah blah,,, which you know, they probably reallllly do need to update, and it will probably help them help people in the future,,,, but it's still sad that people are still left starving while they sit in a cozier chair in their office and get to go home to a full home cooked meal...

I suppose that's why a lot of the big companies set up their own charitys and foundations, so they can make sure the money gets to where they want it too...

For all the crap in the world their are some people doing great things as well.... That's forgotten a lot when we look at the world and find it hard to say that their is any good in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza

That's exactly how I feel.
    I mean, I know research funds and everything are greatly needed, but handing over, say, $25 to an organization and never knowing what happens to that money is kind of off putting.

cc for the generous heart.

I also give to homeless whenever I can too. But I'm weary on giving them straight up cash. Most of the times there's a McDonald's or a Subway nearby where homeless people are. I usually offer to grab them a sandwich or something instead of handing them over money.
    The truly hungry are usually extremely grateful.
    The suspected druggies don't always take you up on the offer.
    one time(true story by the way!) i was at a gas station in not the most glamorous part of LA and this homeless lady approached me and said can u help me out?

so i reached into my groceries and gave her a whole box of HEALTHY granola bars(full of vitamins, nutrients) i figured she would be able to eat something decently healthy since shes homeless.

so then she replies with, "HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO BUY CRACK WITH THIS?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I donated £175 to children in need once which left me skint as fuck for the rest of the week. Felt good for it though. Homeless guys....I tend to give them whatever I can......money, food or smokes. I gave a guy a Prada jacket once when I was pissed out of my tree I woke up and thought FUUUUUUCCKK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    I donated £175 to children in need once which left me skint as F*** for the rest of the week. Felt good for it though. Homeless guys....I tend to give them whatever I can......money, food or smokes. I gave a guy a Prada jacket once when I was pissed out of my tree I woke up and thought FUUUUUUCCKK
    the devil wears prada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I donated £175 to children in need once which left me skint as F*** for the rest of the week. Felt good for it though. Homeless guys....I tend to give them whatever I can......money, food or smokes. I gave a guy a Prada jacket once when I was pissed out of my tree I woke up and thought FUUUUUUCCKK
    HAHA! I wonder if that's how I lost clothes while I was drunk?? I usually can't remember but I try to image it was a bunch of crazy horny naked ladies ripping my clothes off and having their way with me and eventually when they're all done, the put sooome of my clothes back on and sent me on my drunken way...

But seriously, that's funny about your jacket! cc for the laugh.. and I suppose the lost jacket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHA! I wonder if that's how I lost clothes while I was drunk?? I usually can't remember but I try to image it was a bunch of crazy horny naked ladies ripping my clothes off and having their way with me and eventually when they're all done, the put sooome of my clothes back on and sent me on my drunken way...

But seriously, that's funny about your jacket! cc for the laugh.. and I suppose the lost jacket
    My mate told me what I did with it when I woke up, it was like:

"Here mate made a brew for ya"

"Cheers, what time is it?"

"11, Why did you give that tramp your coat ya prick?"

"OH F........!!!!"

Was sort of like that.

Thread Information