Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saturday Night Was The Epitome Of Whats Wrong With Boxing

Saturday Night show cased yet another B.S desicion, and there aint no convincing me otherwise... I commented earlier before that if they awarded Spinks the victory he deserved, it would be bad for Boxing in the longrun since he would more that likely lose and lose bad to Kelly Pavlik or Floyd Mayweather moving up in weight........ BUT

It dosent excuse the fact that Cory trained hard, moved up in weight, polished his game and more importantly worked on his stamina BIG TIME!!!!! So come fight nite he fights his fight stayed composed, fundamentally outboxed and outclassed the bigger champion on his way to being the new Undisputed Middleweight Champion... Instead he gets the wrong end of another Fukin horrible desicion

Whether it was good for boxing or not Spinks won the fight... I mean why call it a competition when the score cards seem to be filled in before the actual fight happens.

I have never seen the compu-box stats so skewed since I been following boxing... There is no way Taylor landed that many punches, just like there is no way Cory landed so few. It's just nonsense. I mean why were the judges afraid to score the fight fair? they were in Memphis and the fans were Booing Taylor and cheering Cory for cried outloud, Taylor knew he lost, Manny in the corner knew he lost, I have never seen Dibella so adament he was yelling at Jermain the whole fight jumping up and down..........

One thing is clear, Jermain Taylor is a weak champion. Borderline pathetic, I dont recall any champion in a long while that is steeped in so much controversy.... Shades of Sven Ottke

The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, bumpkin who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor  but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter I can honestly say he has lost plenty of credibility and respect from me .

You know your bad when your legendary Hall of Famer trainer tells you, he wishes you were fighting another fighter, instead of the one your in the ring with, because your doing a shitty job, you know you are a weak suck when that happens 

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Saturday Night Was The Epitomy Of Whats Wrong With Boxing

You tell em' Tony.
    I did not even finish watching the Taylor/Spinks fight. After the 7th round I had seen enough.
    I already knew what would happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, man who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter.
    Totally agree.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

Saturday Night show cased yet another B.S desicion, and there aint no convincing me otherwise... I commented earlier before that if they awarded Spinks the victory he deserved, it would be bad for Boxing in the longrun since he would more that likely lose and lose bad to Kelly Pavlik or Floyd Mayweather moving up in weight........ BUT

It dosent excuse the fact that Cory trained hard, moved up in weight, polished his game and more importantly worked on his stamina BIG TIME!!!!! So come fight nite he fights his fight stayed composed, fundamentally outboxed and outclassed the bigger champion on his way to being the new Undisputed Middleweight Champion... Instead he gets the wrong end of another Fukin horrible desicion

Whether it was good for boxing or not Spinks won the fight... I mean why call it a competition when the score cards seem to be filled in before the actual fight happens.

I have never seen the compu-box stats so skewed since I been following boxing... There is no way Taylor landed that many punches, just like there is no way Cory landed so few. It's just nonsense. I mean why were the judges afraid to score the fight fair? they were in Memphis and the fans were Booing Taylor and cheering Cory for cried outloud, Taylor knew he lost, Manny in the corner knew he lost, I have never seen Dibella so adament he was yelling at Jermain the whole fight jumping up and down..........

One thing is clear, Jermain Taylor is a weak champion. Borderline pathetic, I dont recall any champion in a long while that is steeped in so much controversy.... Shades of Sven Ottke

The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, man who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor  but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter.

I agree Jt i mean how many controversial decisions can a guy get i sort of gave him a break against Hopkins and Winky but now its starting to get stupid when is Jt going to beat someone actually convincing what happened to the old days with guys like Julian Jackson G man and Hagler who just used to beat crap out of you and not leave it in the hands of the judges boxing has gotten worse imo and we need champions who actually fight there heart out not champions who play it safe and leave it in the hands of the judges and hope they get the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    You tell em' Tony.
    I did not even finish watching the Taylor/Spinks fight. After the 7th round I had seen enough.
    I already knew what would happen.
    Thanks Daniel San    # 522   What a pathetic display for a defending champion 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, man who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter.
    Totally agree.
    # 2916 I'm as loyal as the day as long to my fighters, but just like when a fighter dosent show a ref nothing when in trouble he waves it off.... I'm waving Taylor off for now unless he can show me something..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, man who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter I can honestly say he has lost plenty of credibility and respect from me .

You know your bad when your legendary Hall of Famer trainer tells you, he wishes you were fighting another fighter, instead of the one your in the ring with, because your doing a shitty job, you know you are a weak suck when that happens
    I agree completely

Spinks won that fight. It was close but at least Spinks was doing something in those rounds where NOTHING was happening. Taylor should be ashamed of himself. He really seems to lack any bottle now.

There have been too many cloudy decisions lately and I think its nigh time the judging was either reviewed or else spelled out clearly once again. The boxing judiciary is only a drawback to the sport we all love in these times...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saturday night actually showed both what is right, and what is wrong with boxing. The undercard, as all of us knew going in, was really worthy of main event status. Two up and coming hungry fighters RAN towards each other. Each came to fight, and each slugged it out. Guess what? This is the fight that everyone in the boxing world is talking about afterwards.

Now, lets compare that to the "main event". A champ that has looked like absolute hell against his last two smaller opponents. Tentative, lacking aggression, and afraid to throw (both Lou Dibella and Manny Stewart put more effort and passion into Sat night). The build up to this fight was minimal, except for Taylor trying to act hard at the press conference. And then he was trying to act hard right after the bell rang. He acted hard right up until the point that Larry Merchant pointedly asked him if he'd fight Kelly Pavlik, at which point he responded "If the money is right". Can you, in your wildest dreams, picture Hagler, Hearns, or STL a) fighting as poorly as Taylor has in his last two fights and b) having the stones to say directly after the lackluster performance that he would only take on the best challenger if "the money is right".

So on Saturday night, we saw what was RIGHT with the state of boxing, and we most definetly saw what was WRONG with the state of boxing (and I didn't even get into the scorecards....another total joke).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

The Middleweight Championship of The World is rich in tradition and prestige, the Belt has been held by many greats, Robinson, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard , Jones jr, McClellan, Hopkins etc.. The championship is being tainted by some heartless, desireless, man who cant even legitamately stop 2 Welteweights........... I WAS a big fan of Taylor but between his 9 lives like a cat and his BS desicions that get bent his way, coupled with the fact that he is regressing as a fighter I can honestly say he has lost plenty of credibility and respect from me .

I agree completely

Spinks won that fight. It was close but at least Spinks was doing something in those rounds where NOTHING was happening. Taylor should be ashamed of himself. He really seems to lack any bottle now.

There have been too many cloudy decisions lately and I think its nigh time the judging was either reviewed or else spelled out clearly once again. The boxing judiciary is only a drawback to the sport we all love in these times...
    It was an honor to give you #1000 Yep judges should be held accountable for their desicions and reviewed on a fight by fight bases, to see if there are any unfair trends manifesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I think Taylor did eke it out,neither fighter did enough to make me care
    Spinks got up on his bicycle and stayed there,throwing little flurries that didnt land and running away,like a kid who just rang the doorbell after lighting the bag of dog sH** on the neighbors front porch
    And Taylor barely showed ring Corporalship,let alone Generalship,guy couldnt cut off a closet,let alone a ring

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you guys are being a little harsh on Jermain. I felt he won the fight, Spinks made no effort to fight at all, at least Jermain was coming forward and the few decent shots that landed were all Jermain.

He'll be better in his next fight, he just looked a bit clueless against the speed and elusiveness of Spinks. But he still won.

It might just be that like Ricky Hatton he's no good against southpaws and thats all he fights these days.

Of course this doesn't bode well for a fight with Joe Calzaghe :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense Bilbo.... We were both on the RBR and it was apparent Cory was BOXING!!!!!!!!!! not trying to impersonate Arturo Gatti... I was typing while watching the fight and Cory at least won by 2-3 rounds easy!!!! The crowd was booing Taylor in his back yard for Crisesakes, and were cheering for Cory!!!!! Taylor and Manny were both on pins and needles before the desicion was read... Manny knew Cory won

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense Bilbo.... We were both on the RBR and it was apparent Cory was BOXING!!!!!!!!!! not trying to impersonate Arturo Gatti... I was typing while watching the fight and Cory at least won by 2-3 rounds easy!!!! The crowd was booing Taylor in his back yard for Crisesakes, and were cheering for Cory!!!!! Taylor and Manny were both on pins and needles before the desicion was read... Manny knew Cory won
    I was only reading the rbr at the time though JT, sopcast didn't show the main event, probably to spare us all. I made the mistake of downloading the HBO version though

It sucked pretty bad and is unlikely to appear on Legendary Nights of Boxing but Jermain won.

Of course the crowd booed, Taylor is the undefeated champ of the world and he looked dreadful against a welterweight who Zab Judah destroyed.

Nonetheless it doesnt change the fact that Spinks did nothing to win the fight at all.

I agree wholeheartedly with Larry when he said that in a close fight the judges should favour the man trying to make the fight. Boxing is about entertainment at the end of the day and people paid good money to watch a fight.

Taylor tried to press it but Spinks wouldn't engage at all.

Good performance by Spinks considering the move up in weight but if you think you deserve to win a title against the undisputed champion of the world on that showing then I'd say you were a bit wack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post is the epitome of bad spelling. LOL CC anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight looked like a carousel with Taylor being the center pole and Spinks being the horse doing circles around him. However, Spinks just didn't do enough scoring (not that Taylor did eather) to offset the fact that JT was the "aggressor".

So JT did win IMO by a slim margin in a very disapointing show even with the low expectations that I had to begin with.

Thread Information