Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default mame arcade machine

about a month ago i discovered MAME (mutiple arcade machine emulator) for those who dont know what it is, it is basically an emulation program that lets u run ol'school arcade games!

theres a top site that has emulators and hundreds of roms that u can download and play on ur computer like X-MEN VS STREET FIGHTER.....WONDERBOY.....TENNAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES....THE SIMPSONS AND SO MUCH MORE, ALL THE OL CLASSICS YOU PLAYED AS A KID IN THE ARCADES
    it is so fwokin cool. so i just purchased the new x-arcade tank stick from ebay and am going to build my own arcade machine using a pc tower and monitor.
    is anyone else into this stuff? if so check out www.romnation.com got everthing from mame emulators to sega mastersystem,sega megadrive Snes and more check it out if this is ur thing
    ......relive ur childhood
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mame arcade machine

I remember a couple summers ago when I went thru my ROM phase too. Those were the days. Downloading countless illegal Roms that I didn't need to amuse me. Didn't use Mame much though, too big of downloads. I did d/l a shat load of Genesis and SNES games though. Roms are illegal, and most good ROM sites don't stay up for too long, so snatch up those bitches while ya can and have fun. Or get a life, either way.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard of something a while back were you can download different characters like Homer Simpson and pit him against... Spider-Man. It's like StreetFighter or whatever but you can substitute almost any chracter of your choice.

Anyone else heard of this and know how it works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    I remember a couple summers ago when I went thru my ROM phase too. Those were the days. Downloading countless illegal Roms that I didn't need to amuse me. Didn't use Mame much though, too big of downloads. I did d/l a shat load of Genesis and SNES games though. Roms are illegal, and most good ROM sites don't stay up for too long, so snatch up those bitches while ya can and have fun. Or get a life, either way.
    well i just got sacked from work for clowning around, so i gots all the time in the world and i couldnt think of a better way to spend it than building my very own arcade machine
    you would have had to of spent countless hours as a kid poping quarters into street fighter 2. i know i did
    and you got to have hobbies in ur life. thats what life is about, doing things to keep yourself occupied and to save urself from bordom. im 26 and clubed and druged most of my life and now ive settled down with my girl and our baby boy, i reckon it would be hella cool to have my very own arcade
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I heard of something a while back were you can download different characters like Homer Simpson and pit him against... Spider-Man. It's like StreetFighter or whatever but you can substitute almost any chracter of your choice.

Anyone else heard of this and know how it works?
    heard off it but dont know how it works, i just like games like wonder boy, TMNT, street fighter ,mortal combat stuff like that cause like i said i only just discovered it and it brought back some sweet memories

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    well i just got sacked from work for clowning around, so i gots all the time in the world and i couldnt think of a better way to spend it than building my very own arcade machine
    you would have had to of spent countless hours as a kid poping quarters into street fighter 2. i know i did
    and you got to have hobbies in ur life. thats what life is about, doing things to keep yourself occupied and to save urself from bordom. im 26 and clubed and druged most of my life and now ive settled down with my girl and our baby boy, i reckon it would be hella cool to have my very own arcade
    Go for it then bro. Do not let my criticism stand in the way of your dreams to d/l a shat load of illegal old arcade games and play them to death. That's what summers are for-doin stupid shat. And hell yeah I played the heck outta street fighter 2 on the SNES with my friends when I was a kid. I was THE MAN with M.Bison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I played the heck outta street fighter 2 on the SNES with my friends when I was a kid. I was THE MAN with M.Bison HULK

At first I rolled with Guile but as I got better and better and stepped up the comp I had to start using Ken.

Am I the only one who would strangle someone with the controller cord if they beat me with a cheap ass throw?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I played the heck outta street fighter 2 on the SNES with my friends when I was a kid. I was THE MAN with M.Bison HULK

At first I rolled with Guile but as I got better and better and stepped up the comp I had to start using Ken.

Am I the only one who would strangle someone with the controller cord if they beat me with a cheap ass throw?
    Guile is alright, but if you a boxing fan, ya gotta learn to use the Mike Tyson look a like, Balrog. He was originally named M. Bison in the Japanese version but they changed the names around for the American version. M. Bison was Vega, Vega was Balrog, Balrog was M. Bison. You get it.

And to answer your question-YES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    Go for it then bro. Do not let my criticism stand in the way of your dreams to d/l a shat load of illegal old arcade games and play them to death. That's what summers are for-doin stupid shat. And hell yeah I played the heck outta street fighter 2 on the SNES with my friends when I was a kid. I was THE MAN with M.Bison.
    cool, but they shouldnt be illegal cause they are not in use anymore so no one is profiting. so i dont see the big deal. there just making them available for free to the public so these old classics are not forgotton cause in 50 years, they will be totally forgotton...

and its winter down under bro, cold as all fwock

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, they run that program(Emulator) to install back generations on Xbox360 to make them backwards compatible..Good shat
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information