Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contender.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contender.

Dude.... The Punisher just took Tony's small flame and then exploded into the boxing scene.

All this talk of Williams this, Williams that. .... I understand. Of course. It's understandable, he defeated the TJ Tornado.

But let me remind you guys that it was still a close fight. Throughout, it was always competitive. It wasn't a humiliating loss. It was a good fight.

Williams just overmatched Margarito. And I had a feeling P-Will was going to use his movement.... I even had a post on that .

But lets not forget Tony has earned a premier fight for years, while Williams just took Tony's thunder.
    Damn ... boxing is cruel.

I don't think Tony's finished... but too many fighters know he's too dangerous as a tune-up and he won't help their name since many still don't think much of him... it's all P-Will now. HBO loves him too. He fits the bill in this era.

I think Tony's going to come back (He's actually never left) to the scene by fighting a rematch with Cintron. Beat him again, then finally force someone "big" to face him.

And Tony........... someone in your corner (PLEASE!) has to tell you to BE MORE AGGRESSIVE and NOT TOO MUCH ON THE DEFENSIVE! He had Williams in trouble a couple of times, but he spent too much time trying to block.

Aside from that.... Tony, you did good as always. As consistent as it gets.

What do you think of his future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito has already fallen of your radars. What do you think of his future?

Lets not forget who gave Williams a shot at the title the right way..... through the ropes. It was Margarito. He could have let Williams have his belt and get a VERY lucrative matchup against Cotto another competitive yet winnable fight.

NO.

He faced a The Punisher, took a lower paycheck, risked being hidden away by the fans YET AGAIN, and fought him in front of everybody to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Lets not forget who gave Williams a shot at the title the right way..... through the ropes. It was Margarito. He could have let Williams have his belt and get a VERY lucrative matchup against Cotto another competitive yet winnable fight.

NO.

He didn't he faced a BEAST, took a lower paycheck, risked being hidden away by the fans YET AGAIN, and fought him in front of everybody to see.
    I understand what your saying. People jump off a the bandwagon so quick in boxing. The best thing Margarito can do is fight again as soon as possible against another good opponent and get a win.
    Maybe against CIntron?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contender.

Quote Originally Posted by nonito (formerly eagle)

NO.

He didn't he faced a BEAST, took a lower paycheck, risked being hidden away by the fans YET AGAIN, and fought him in front of everybody to see.
    I understand what your saying. People jump off a the bandwagon so quick in boxing. The best thing Margarito can do is fight again as soon as possible against another good opponent and get a win.
    Maybe against CIntron?
    cc Nonito (Nonito's awesome btw)

If he gets it through his head that he lost against Williams. That he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been.
    Then he should rematch Williams right NOW. I honestly think Tony isn't broke, he just has to keep doing what he does best, pressure fight.

Cintron is better now, so that would be a "crossroads" fight, with Tony going down and Cintron up in popularity. So that has a story behind the match. It would sell and IMO Margarito would knockout Cintron again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO.

Maybe against CIntron?

If he gets it through his head that he lost against Williams. That he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been.
    Then he should rematch Williams right NOW. I honestly think Tony isn't broke, he just has to keep doing what he does best, pressure fight.

Cintron is better now, so that would be a "crossroads" fight, with Tony going down and Cintron up in popularity. So that has a story behind the match. It would sell and IMO Margarito would knockout Cintron again.
    Would williams give him a rematch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contende

NO.

Maybe against CIntron?

With the disgraceful way Margarito handled himself after the fight, I would not give him a rematch even if it was the biggest money fight available. You always wonder, though, with these dumbass sanctioning bodies if the WBO won't order a rematch. Hopefully, that won't happen and we'll get a Cintron-Williams unification bout (I'm assuming Mosley, Cotto, and Mayweather will duck Williams until he establishes a bigger name for himself). That has the potential to be quite a fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is still dangerous. If the fight comes through against Cotto then he has his chance of redemption and getting back into the mix quick. Its a tough tough calling though.

Margarito is never active enough and this will have to change if he is serious about bouncing back again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contende

No way I think Margarito deserves a rematch with Williams...though it was close I still think Williams gave a dominant performance.

But I wouldn't say the way Margarito handled himself after the fight was disgraceful at all. He was disappointed and thought he won. It was more that he wished he won. I did not watch the post fight but I bet margarito, after re-watching the fight would admit loss. . If he doesnt then he is deluding himself, but it's not disgraceful...it isn't like he was dissing Williams (from what I saw) just that he knows he needed to win and sometimes it's hard to immediately accept a loss like that.

He is still very dangerous because he is so tough. I cannot see him ever giving up in a fight, no matter how out matched, out boxed, or out hustled he is.

Even though I had Williams winning the fight, I was thinking that round 11 that Williams might not have what it takes to finish the fight.

For real, I think Margarito's career isn't over, but it is pretty shot. Who is going to want to fight a guy that is never gonna give up like that? He will take what you have to give, and good luck knocking him out or making him quit.

His main deal was making people HAVE to fight him. There are more skilled in his division...but no way is it going to be an easy fight...it will be a fight where you have to go all 12 to win and really test yourself cause he is always going to be there ready to hit you back.

He has got a face made of leather...not going to cut him for a stoppage, not gonna KO him...you are in for a long ass night! He's the kind of guy that even if you start to lose concentration in the later rounds, even if you are dominating him...he can make you pay.

SigmaMu Guest

He is not done. He has a couple of years left. He is still a threat and we all seen that against Cintron. Kermit said that was a fluke? Let him prove it and demand a rematch. I would. Styles make fights you all know the drill. Paul Williams will be tough to beat. I have a feeling Pual Williams will be avoided like Tony was avoived. I guess Paul not only took Tony's belt, he also took the torch as the man people will be avoiding in the future. This division is full of danger. I love it! I am dying to see Cotto Williams. Make it happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody

NO.

Maybe against CIntron?

With the disgraceful way Margarito handled himself after the fight, I would not give him a rematch even if it was the biggest money fight available. You always wonder, though, with these dumbass sanctioning bodies if the WBO won't order a rematch. Hopefully, that won't happen and we'll get a Cintron-Williams unification bout (I'm assuming Mosley, Cotto, and Mayweather will duck Williams until he establishes a bigger name for himself). That has the potential to be quite a fight.
    Awwwe... did he hurt you and everybawdy else's feelings?

He gave Williams his shot and fought him.... like a man. Give him his props. It's just pride that makes him not take the loss like a man. He didn't have to fight Williams, remember that he could have fought Cotto instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO.

Maybe against CIntron?

Williams.... I'm surprised he didn't say a Tony rematch. He wanted Cotto. Paul wants his limelight, and he's already got it much faster than Margarito via defeating Margarito. BUT I don't think he's afraid of Tony.... he just has to know though.... that Tony will always be a very very tough fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody

NO.

Maybe against CIntron?

Awwwe... did he hurt you and everybawdy else's feelings?

He gave Williams his shot and fought him.... like a man. Give him his props. It's just pride that makes him not take the loss like a man. He didn't have to fight Williams, remember that he could have fought Cotto instead.
    I agree he deserves a rematch, but fighters need to show some humbleness in defeat. All guys do these days is make excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    No way I think Margarito deserves a rematch with Williams...though it was close I still think Williams gave a dominant performance.

But I wouldn't say the way Margarito handled himself after the fight was disgraceful at all. He was disappointed and thought he won. It was more that he wished he won. I did not watch the post fight but I bet margarito, after re-watching the fight would admit loss. . If he doesnt then he is deluding himself, but it's not disgraceful...it isn't like he was dissing Williams (from what I saw) just that he knows he needed to win and sometimes it's hard to immediately accept a loss like that.

He is still very dangerous because he is so tough. I cannot see him ever giving up in a fight, no matter how out matched, out boxed, or out hustled he is.

Even though I had Williams winning the fight, I was thinking that round 11 that Williams might not have what it takes to finish the fight.

For real, I think Margarito's career isn't over, but it is pretty shot. Who is going to want to fight a guy that is never gonna give up like that? He will take what you have to give, and good luck knocking him out or making him quit.

His main deal was making people HAVE to fight him. There are more skilled in his division...but no way is it going to be an easy fight...it will be a fight where you have to go all 12 to win and really test yourself cause he is always going to be there ready to hit you back.

He has got a face made of leather...not going to cut him for a stoppage, not gonna KO him...you are in for a long ass night! He's the kind of guy that even if you start to lose concentration in the later rounds, even if you are dominating him...he can make you pay.
    Cool Click....... I couldn't have said it better than that, I really couldn't have. cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    He is not done. He has a couple of years left. He is still a threat and we all seen that against Cintron. Kermit said that was a fluke? Let him prove it and demand a rematch. I would. Styles make fights you all know the drill. Paul Williams will be tough to beat. I have a feeling Pual Williams will be avoided like Tony was avoived. I guess Paul not only took Tony's belt, he also took the torch as the man people will be avoiding in the future. This division is full of danger. I love it! I am dying to see Cotto Williams. Make it happen.
    Williams won't be ducked, I can tell you that..... that's just my opinion on that. He won't be ducked, just look at all the hoopla he's caused already. He earned it all, but it gets to me he earned it off a fighter who's earned it for years but never got his shot at a name opponent.

Thread Information