Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Your favorite weight class to watch

I used like watching the heavyweights but now they are boring, now I like to watch welter and middle weight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your favorite weight class to watch

The most consistently entertaining are the superfeathers, followed closely by welters
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Super Featherweight is the most exciting division to watch. When was the last time you heard them say something like "whoever gets me the bigger payday?" The division is out to beat each other up for their own pride and for the delight of the fans.

Welterweight has the most names and the potential to hold AMAZING fights.

I used to enjoy middleweight bouts, but since Jermaine has been on top, the middleweights have been providing snoozefests. Kelly Pavlik is basically carrying the division in terms of entertainment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends what's going on in the division at the time...right now i'd say welter.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those who don't follow the samller guys, Welterweight has consistantly been the weight to watch for me. IMHO it has the most all time great talent in history Joe Wallcott, Henry Armstrong, Ray Robbinson, Emile Grifith, Carmen Basilio, Kid Gavilan, Jimmy Mclarmin, Jose Napoles, Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Loyd Honeygan, Simon Brown, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De la Hoya, Ike Quartey, Felix Trinidad, Shane Mosley, Vernon Forrest, and now with Williams, Cintron, Cotto and Maywether. Just a constantly great division. (Sorry if I mispelled some names)

Heavy's are seccond but are in dire peril of dropping from that spot if they dont do something QUICK.

I recently got more into the smaller guys and I can see why many consider them the more talented weightclasses. Great fights happen often below 135.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Currently Welter

Three years ago it was Light Welter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welter has to be the most attractive, but i truely love watching middles n light middles from any era, its jus got a special significance when i watch and go "thats my weight division," and i lwearn stuff i can implement into my own fighting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tbh i don't care what weight class im atching, as long as i got two guys in the ring, they can be brawlers, boxers, punchers, jabbers, on the way up, journyemen i don't care, aslong as they are willing to give it a go and not fanny ass about like skelton or sport il watch it and give them the time of day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say now and would always say middle weights. Best class for the power and speed combo. Now for me is even better because we got that new boy up here making alot of noise. Kelly Pavlik. I also love super feather weights and welter weights. I would say the most boring is straw weights and cruiser weights.I would rather mow the grass.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314
    I would say now and would always say middle weights. Best class for the power and speed combo. Now for me is even better because we got that new boy up here making alot of noise. Kelly Pavlik. I also love super feather weights and welter weights. I would say the most boring is straw weights and cruiser weights.I would rather mow the grass.
    Sorry but the champs of recent at middleweight have been some of the slowest around for a long time... shit since RJJ left the chaps have been slow, hopkins wasn't a fast puncher in combos or power shots, taylor again isn't really fast and lacks power, pavilk can bang but shit u got time to make a cuppa teat before that punch lands its so damn slow...

The bets class for power and speed would be super bantam - super feather... they guys are smaller and can all bang pretty damn fucking hard, it helps they are smaller so dont absorb the big htis as much, + the good uns are all fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't really have one but i prefer to watch fights that are from featherweight to welterweight

ICB Guest

For certain Welterweights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Sorry but the champs of recent at middleweight have been some of the slowest around for a long time... S*** since RJJ left the chaps have been slow, hopkins wasn't a fast puncher in combos or power shots, taylor again isn't really fast and lacks power, pavilk can bang but S*** u got time to make a cuppa teat before that punch lands its so damn slow...

The bets class for power and speed would be super bantam - super feather... they guys are smaller and can all bang pretty damn F****** hard, it helps they are smaller so dont absorb the big htis as much, + the good uns are all fast
    Ray Robinson
    Harry Greb
    Carlos Monzon
    Sugar Ray Lenord
    Bernard Hopkins
    Winky Wright
    Kelly Pavlik
    Edison Miranda
    Marvin Hagler
    Stanley Ketchel
    Marcel Cerdan
    Jake LoMatta
    Roy Jones Jr
    John Duddy
    Arthur Abraham
    Jermaine Taylor

and another thing if Pavliks so slow hows come he has never been ko'ed or even beat. And why dose he knock everybody out. If your reach was 76 inches it would look slow too. Or maybee you watch too much little guys.

Felix Strum
    James Toney
    Roberto Duran
    1884 Jack (nonpareil)Dempsey
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    Gene Fullmer
    Thomas Hearns
    Felix Trinidad. christ do I need to continue.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Sorry but the champs of recent at middleweight have been some of the slowest around for a long time... S*** since RJJ left the chaps have been slow, hopkins wasn't a fast puncher in combos or power shots, taylor again isn't really fast and lacks power, pavilk can bang but S*** u got time to make a cuppa teat before that punch lands its so damn slow...

The bets class for power and speed would be super bantam - super feather... they guys are smaller and can all bang pretty damn F****** hard, it helps they are smaller so dont absorb the big htis as much, + the good uns are all fast
    Ray Robinson - was fast and powerfull at WW, wasnt exaclty that fast at middle
    Harry Greb
    Carlos Monzon
    Sugar Ray Lenord - faster and stroner at WW
    Bernard Hopkins - wasnt axactly known for his speed
    Winky Wright - good speed no power at lower weights let alone middle,
    Kelly Pavlik - sllllloooowwwwww
    Edison Miranda - he aint bad, jsut cant box tho lol
    Marvin Hagler
    Stanley Ketchel
    Marcel Cerdan
    Jake LoMatta - never thought of jake as much of a speedster either
    Roy Jones Jr
    John Duddy
    Arthur Abraham
    Jermaine Taylor - far from a big puncher IMO, some agree i know but still, doesnt throw fast combos either, has a good jab...

and another thing if Pavliks so slow hows come he has never been ko'ed or even beat. And why dose he knock everybody out. If your reach was 76 inches it would look slow too. Or maybee you watch too much little guys.

Felix Strum - cud be wrong but strumisnt exactly a power puncher?
    James Toney
    Roberto Duran - again one who was faster at the lower weights and stronger, wasnt as fast at middle
    1884 Jack (nonpareil)Dempsey
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    Gene Fullmer
    Thomas Hearns
    Felix Trinidad. christ do I need to continue.
    lol dont take it like im telling you watch weight to watch, i just dont get your thinking of the ebst weight for speed and power, most of the guys u mentioned were much faster and stronger at WW or lower, combined with the gys also at that weight would clown almost anyone at middle prolly the only exception being RJJ but he was superman... did think people were talking about now and no yester-year as well, coz i would find it shocking you were even alive to watch half of the names you mentioned...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

smaller the guy the less power to me I think middle weights pack great combo or size speed and power.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thread Information