Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Racism ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What drives people to be so damn Racial? I know we are not psycologist but what is your opinion about it?

IS the the fact to hate because of different culture, is justthe fact that people think so highly of themself that everyone else is crap?

I for onece think is the same feeling Very Rich people don't like to mix with poor people. White people hated black people because they where slaves and when that ends it turns out they where actually equal then black people hate white people because what happen 100's of years ago. blaming everything on 20th century white people. Using the stupidest word like NIigger and hating anyone who says it. ( Note I'm Puerto Rican)

Now is crazier because of Black Americans, White americans, LAtino Americans and Assians among others.

WTF is wrong aside for the word racist there has to be a real reason that is actually not racism.

Reason I made this thread Is bacuse I just had situacion of racism
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Racism ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A brain.

I mean people say well what's wrong with saying ni***r or cra***r or bea**r I'm just expressing myself. I'm not killing anyone or harming anyone. I ain't breaking the laws.
    Well not shit but you ever seen the movie pay it forward?
    We all feed off, from eachother.
    If I'm driving to work and you cut me off and I honk at you and you look out your window and scream something like 'Fucken Bea**r'
    guess what I'm gonna get to work and be in a pissed off mood. If that person was caucaisan, african american, asian well I'm gonna let it out on the next muthafucker from that same race I see.

Life too short to pissed off all time, I never take anything too serious. I know when it's crunch time and when it's not. I know when to be offended and when not to. People try to come off like life is soo complex and filled with mystery and hard to fill everyday tasks.
    I just don't see it that way.
    I mean I sleep, work and eat. In between those 3 major things I have other activities some for me and entertainment others just a part of life. What the fwock is the big deal about living life and getting along?

I mean I love my life, I'm alive I have a couple of jobs, I got a roof over my head I have a bed I'm healthy I got my family.
    I think something must snap in people heads and they say fuck this life and begin to explore and do shit they are not suppose to and that's when it all falls apart.

For some reason the movie 'Falling Down' came to mind, with Michael Douglas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think most people who are racist learned it from their parents or family or friends.

I also think racist and ignorance go hand and hand. So there must be a lot of ignorant parents out there teaching their kids bad things!

If anyone said anything racist to me I wouldnt care. It wouldnt even register as something about myself, it would just tell me something about the person who said it.

I'd figure they are a bit close-minded or someone taught them that that kind of "thinking" is right and they were ignorant enough to believe it.

Im white, and had some dude trying to call me a cracker once to piss me off and I just started laughing. "A cracker" lol. I was thinking keep trying man, theres lots you can say that might piss me off but a cracker aint one of them!

So people who say that kind of stuff or even worse THINK AND BELIEVE it are just close minded and ignorant and it's no reflection on who they say it to, only a reflection about themselves for just saying/thinking it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

History has told us that rascism, in one way or another, has brought more woes, bloodshed, and agonies than any "isms" in this world. Hitler's fascism started because of his hate for the Jews.

If there are people who can give testimony as to the suffering brought by rascism, I believe, we can accurately describe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after a young lad died here steven lawrence although the police fuckedup the investigation mega

rasist language became illegal

anyway

Kids say wat they see,the words for it they learn
    if a black kid fights a white kid he'll say something relvent to the child being white
    and a white kid will do the same as a child i dont think u realsise the extent of what ur saying
    itslike fighting a kid with glasses ad sayin 4eyes or a overweight kidand calling them fat

adults are just
    ignorant

this is the best

''im not rasist i just dont like..........(insert chosen race)

im not rasist my brothers best m8's girlfriends sisters husband is black''??

my kids are mixed race and get it all the time ur dad's a paki,(not he aint he's arabic)
    your mum's a paki shagger etc.............
    always paki this paki that
    wouldnt be that bad if they got the race right the kids cud prob defend themselves then
    but they got to fight thier way out of it and it's not right

but it's the way it is at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC all around. This is a very interesting topic to discuss since people being racist it's kind of different in this times.

IT think that we as parents have to show are kids how it's suppose to be so when they meet someone racist specially their own race, show them that is very dam wrong and stupid.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    CC all around. This is a very interesting topic to discuss since people being racist it's kind of different in this times.

IT think that we as parents have to show are kids how it's suppose to be so when they meet someone racist specially their own race, show them that is very dam wrong and stupid.

cc back puya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find Racism absolutlet repulsive. I would like to explore this subject from two angles which i personally can view this Topic.

1. Being from Ireland, I live in a country much smaller than the majority of writers on this forum. Now although this may mean that I don't get to engage in the Fantastic City Life of the Americas or indeed of Britain, I do avail of living in a close Knit community which in comparison to the rest of the world at large is pretty unblemished. However, in recent years as communities, races and religions have started to intermingle I have come to notice a disturbing undercurrent in my direct enviroment. This somewhat old-fashioned traditional community has become lodged somewhere in the 50's and are by and large intolerant of new races.
    With the large influx of "Eastern Europeans," asian people and indeed Africans many Irish people are completly ignorant and intolerant of other races entering our country. No doubt these people fail to recall the large numbers of Irish people who left Ireland throughout history to take refuge in America, England and Austrailia. Yet they easily recall the racism against them in such countries.
    A hatred for the British is commonplace in modern Ireland as is a distaste for Polish, Lithuanian and Polish nationals. Now i must stress that this vulgar use of stereotypes, single-mindedness and indeed racial slurs is a characteristic of much les than 50% of our country. It is unfortunate that this section seems to be the younger contingent of our nation. I myself have been fortunate to have been raised by parents with a respect and tolerance for all races, largely thanks to my dad who has traveled everywhere and got along well with everyone.
    At this stage i would like to put myself in the clear by saying my idols are Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Ricky Hatton (English.) And i also play poker every week with three polish dudes and a russian altho that could be viewed as me robbing them blind

On the flipside, i actually find plenty of stereotypes comin against me!!!!
    Visited New York and Florida las year and all i got was "Oh jus don't start any fights." "Take it easy on the beer" "Do you want a drink." "What you dont Drink?!!!, But ur Irish!!!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I find Racism absolutlet repulsive. I would like to explore this subject from two angles which i personally can view this Topic.

1. Being from Ireland, I live in a country much smaller than the majority of writers on this forum. Now although this may mean that I don't get to engage in the Fantastic City Life of the Americas or indeed of Britain, I do avail of living in a close Knit community which in comparison to the rest of the world at large is pretty unblemished. However, in recent years as communities, races and religions have started to intermingle I have come to notice a disturbing undercurrent in my direct enviroment. This somewhat old-fashioned traditional community has become lodged somewhere in the 50's and are by and large intolerant of new races.
    With the large influx of "Eastern Europeans," asian people and indeed Africans many Irish people are completly ignorant and intolerant of other races entering our country. No doubt these people fail to recall the large numbers of Irish people who left Ireland throughout history to take refuge in America, England and Austrailia. Yet they easily recall the racism against them in such countries.
    A hatred for the British is commonplace in modern Ireland as is a distaste for Polish, Lithuanian and Polish nationals. Now i must stress that this vulgar use of stereotypes, single-mindedness and indeed racial slurs is a characteristic of much les than 50% of our country. It is unfortunate that this section seems to be the younger contingent of our nation. I myself have been fortunate to have been raised by parents with a respect and tolerance for all races, largely thanks to my dad who has traveled everywhere and got along well with everyone.
    At this stage i would like to put myself in the clear by saying my idols are Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Ricky Hatton (English.) And i also play poker every week with three polish dudes and a russian altho that could be viewed as me robbing them blind

On the flipside, i actually find plenty of stereotypes comin against me!!!!
    Visited New York and Florida las year and all i got was "Oh jus don't start any fights." "Take it easy on the beer" "Do you want a drink." "What you dont Drink?!!!, But ur Irish!!!!
    Very very well expressed donny, one of the brightest posts I've read here in quite a while. Being from a rural Welsh village, I have similar experiences to you, and have seen changes over the past 20 years. It used to be one strong community, but as time passes the Welsh community has diminished, and as houses come on the market local people can't afford them, so a lot of middle-class English people have moved in, and there is a split in the community. I think that racism stems from a perceived threat to a community, traced back to pre-civilisation when one tribe would be threatened when another tribe moved into their area, and it is a sort of a self defence mechanism.

I know what you mean about rivalry between the Welsh and the English (not British, I hope) which is expressed by parents and passed on to their children like that, especially through things like sport, and it is a form of racism, which is often reciprocated by English people themselves. We have a fairly large Polish community near where I live, which tends to work in the local slaughterhouse, and for the most part they have been welcomed, so i would still say it is a small minority that are racist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Superheavy, thanks for the compliment.
    And the CC should be doubled as i agree totaly with ur view on the cause or source of racism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many of us are prejudice while very few of us are racist. We all know the difference so I'm not going to elaborate on that point.

Also, I don't believe that things spoken in anger (slurs etc.) make that speaker a racist. In moments of frustration people say the most offensive remarks possible in order to hurt the others feelings and pride even though they may have friends of that race over for Sunday dinner.

A racist won't watch a show on the tele that might have the type of individual they hate in it or they refuse to get in the line of the checkout person who is of a race they disapprove of.

Assuming someone is a certain way because of their skin color is completely normal. We can't really help it at first. You have to take the time to figure the person out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've learned to take the insults as jokes, it doesn't bother me anymore. I have had outbursts but I am not racist. I agrre with most of what BoxingGorilla said.

El Kabong Guest

Racism and bigotry are the results of having a lazy mind and not seeing people individually.

People like Farrakahn and Richard Girnt Butler really don't help these things by speaking with hatred about others all the time to their weak minded followers

Granted I don't seem like one to talk about these things but I try my best to not judge an entire group by the actions of one or a few. There are certain stereotypes that are easy to make and follow and their are certain people you think make their entire race or creed look bad but as I always say stupidity knows no bounds, political, geographical, religious, or otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Many of us are prejudice while very few of us are racist. We all know the difference so I'm not going to elaborate on that point.

Also, I don't believe that things spoken in anger (slurs etc.) make that speaker a racist. In moments of frustration people say the most offensive remarks possible in order to hurt the others feelings and pride even though they may have friends of that race over for Sunday dinner.

A racist won't watch a show on the tele that might have the type of individual they hate in it or they refuse to get in the line of the checkout person who is of a race they disapprove of.

Assuming someone is a certain way because of their skin color is completely normal. We can't really help it at first. You have to take the time to figure the person out.
    this doesnt make it right though

and it's wierd too u'd be amazed at how many ppl ask if we have a sofa

yeah wtf

because my partner(hmmm yeah we slowly sorting it out) is arab ppl assume we sit on cushions on the floor

some assumtions are stupid

ICB Guest

There was bit of racism in my school i used to go to it was disgusting i hate all racist people to me it doesn't matter what colour you are black white ect we are all equal we are all humans were all made of the same stuff i can't understand some people but there you go.

Thread Information