Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kessler now saying hand was injured before fight...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kessler now saying hand was injured before fight...

After previous denials, former world champion Mikkel Kessler has now come clean on a prefight hand injury that allegedly disrupted his training...fightnews.com has the rest.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kessler now saying hand was injured before fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    After previous denials, former world champion Mikkel Kessler has now come clean on a prefight hand injury that allegedly disrupted his training...fightnews.com has the rest.
    Of course he is... Ya know, he has to go and taint a great fight. I don't think(no matter what) he could have fought a better fight. Maybe pick up the pace abit towards the end but thats about all he physically could have done. Joe is just to good. foot on the gas all the time. Kess just isn't used to fighting at a pace like that.

Thats what happened... or maybe he got poisoned
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler shouldnt be saying this now. Calzaghe had his number and that should be the final say. Kessler wants a rematch that isnt going to happen. No excuses.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How convinient of his hand injury excuse
    If it was bad he should have pulled out.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CALZAGHE has boxed with badly damaged hands and still won bouts in which he's broken hands, but like a true champ he's fought through the pain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler doesnt need to be saying this he has nothing to be ashamed of. He proved he is an elite fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he has an injury it should have come out clearly before the fight..if he fought someone the caliber knowing he was hurt then that his bad, but to emphasize it now is dissappointing. It was a great fight he did real well why screw it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    CALZAGHE has boxed with badly damaged hands and still won bouts in which he's broken hands, but like a true champ he's fought through the pain.
    Exactly. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Kessler doesnt need to be saying this he has nothing to be ashamed of. He proved he is an elite fighter.
    Even better.

If he has an injury it should have come out clearly before the fight..if he fought someone the caliber knowing he was hurt then that his bad, but to emphasize it now is dissappointing. It was a great fight he did real well why screw it up
    Yep. Agreed.

The thing is...had he have won & still talked about the injury...he'd get even more props. IWHO...he still get's props from me having the injury & showing out like he did...but Joe has done the same, talked about it & won.

Kess is just trying to drum up the rematch...& it aint happenin...not unless the Nard backs out...& then I say that Calzaghe still hunts a scalp @ a buck seventy five.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Exactly. Well said!

Even better.

Yep. Agreed.

The thing is...had he have won & still talked about the injury...he'd get even more props. IWHO...he still get's props from me having the injury & showing out like he did...but Joe has done the same, talked about it & won.

Kess is just trying to drum up the rematch...& it aint happenin...not unless the Nard backs out...& then I say that Calzaghe still hunts a scalp @ a buck seventy five.
    CC back wacko. I agree with all the quotes you posted too. I had the fight only a couple of rounds in favour of Joe, Kessler did himself proud. If Joe had a crap chin Kessler would have knocked him out early on as he caught Joe with some brilliant shots. He surprised me with his skill, accuracy and timing, I never imagined him tagging Joe with shots like that.

I'm positive Kessler has won over an army of fans with his performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Exactly. Well said!

Even better.

Yep. Agreed.

Right back at ya, good thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well I wrote about this just after the fight . Still stupid to fight when your not 100%.

Next time Kessler says he is 100% fit for fight I will bet against him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale
    well I wrote about this just after the fight . Still stupid to fight when your not 100%.

Honestly...I think that he tends to stretch that type of thing a bit...but that's just me thinking & guessing.

I've followed Kess for quite sometime now...& I think that he's the man & all that...but it seems that if he doesn't end a fight in a TKO or he under performs...he comes up injured after the bouts.

No need in that.

He's game & gives a good showing of himself...no need in the excuses.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the injury was documented several weeks before the match. Kessler was urged to pull out by his camp , yet he declined stating that he would be afraid the fight would never happen if it was postponed..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If his injury was bad enough that he needs to bring it up now then i wish he would've backed out or just postponed, i for one would rather wait and see them both go at it %100 or close it. Certain injuries could probably be overlooked but a hand injury ?? I'm still not convinced that with two brand new hands that he would have won,but if the fight was that good with an injury i'd love to see it without, but now joe is on to bigger and better things...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale

Well, Calzaghe has been criticised for pulling out of fights before when he was suffering with hand injuries, but coming into this fight Kessler was the man who had time to spare, and he could afford to put off the fight for another month or two more than Calzaghe could.

Calzaghe beat Lacy with an existing hand injury, but felt it was more important to go through with the fight and risk it. If Kessler had an injury then he should have pulled out.

Thread Information