Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC Sports Personality of the Year - won't be Calzaghe or Hatton will it...

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BBC Sports Personality of the Year - won't be Calzaghe or Hatton will it...

We are nearly at that time of the year again and regardless of what Calzaghe has done or what Hatton may eclipse and do (his fight is the day before the award is given) this year I think we all know neither of them will win.

Lewis Hamilton will win for coming SECOND !

I know the general public see more of Hamiilton than they do of boxers but I think it's a farce (and Hamilton would probably agree)

As Calzaghe said last year - we only seem to vote for losers over here. Hamilton has done really well yes (though he did have one of the top cars) but he is not worthy of this award - not yet.

Am urging you all to vote Calzaghe or Hatton now !!

Currenty I would go with Calzaghe but Hatton ain't done this year.....yet......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year - won't be Calzaghe or Hatton will it...

Mark, your right about Hamilton. We need to get behind our sport

Mind you dont they have a young sports personality of the year?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year - won't be Calzaghe or Hatton will it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO
    We are nearly at that time of the year again and regardless of what Calzaghe has done or what Hatton may eclipse and do (his fight is the day before the award is given) this year I think we all know neither of them will win.

Lewis Hamilton will win for coming SECOND !

I know the general public see more of Hamiilton than they do of boxers but I think it's a farce (and Hamilton would probably agree)

As Calzaghe said last year - we only seem to vote for losers over here. Hamilton has done really well yes (though he did have one of the top cars) but he is not worthy of this award - not yet.

Am urging you all to vote Calzaghe or Hatton now !!

Currenty I would go with Calzaghe but Hatton ain't done this year.....yet......
    Last years was a fucking fix. but this year the result is the day after hatton twats mayweather so he should get a few late phone votes. that said the way the bbc have been fiddling competitions i could win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe has no chance he couldn't even win last year when there was NO-ONE to beat. The fact that they finally recognised Phil Taylor says it all about last year...

Hatton's fight with Mayweather being on the same weekend obviously stops his chance of winning but should he beat Mayweather, the BBC and the winner (the young guy that drives the car) should stand-down an honour Hatton as the true and rightful winner.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree - imagine looks on people's faces if Lewis did that in his acceptance speech - "I'm sorry I really can't accept this, Ricky/Joe deserves it more - when I've won the title feel free to award me it then"

Won't happen but would be good - AND THE RIGHT THING TO DO

You're right about Taylor, was long overdue - never has a guy dominated a sport for so long and being so head and shoulders above the rest of the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO
    I agree - imagine looks on people's faces if Lewis did that in his acceptance speech - "I'm sorry I really can't accept this, Ricky/Joe deserves it more - when I've won the title feel free to award me it then"

Won't happen but would be good - AND THE RIGHT THING TO DO

You're right about Taylor, was long overdue - never has a guy dominated a sport for so long and being so head and shoulders above the rest of the field
    Remeber carl fogarty he never got a look in. the man was a fucking legend.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On top of which it's meant to go to a personality, not a corporate robot/billboard like Hamilton. Truly annoying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I aint being funny i would love to see Joe win it... but fking hell hamilton should get this this year hands down..

He has smashed all sorts of records, what he done this year is fking amazing in any sport.

If Joe had had to big fights this year i would of been screaming for him, but i dunno its close with him and lewis. How do you say who has done better? Lewis has done this an entire season, it was truly amazing what he done and was very unlucky not to win the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They showed Calzaghe v Kessler on Saturday and apparently that has caused a huge upsurge in support, still though with the fight being on Setanta it's not in the spot light it should be and it's bound to be Hamilton who takes it.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I'm back whichever distant member of the royal family with her sex life in the red-tops and rumours of a coke addiction amongst journos to win again this year.

Can't be a legit sportsperson...just wouldn't make sense.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe is a winner, Hatton could be too depending....

Hamilton was runer up. His time will come.

He deserves credit but not to win it just yet. If he wins it this year and wins championship next year then will win it again next year. No justice

He is on terrestrial TV though which makes a massive difference. The general public are not aware of Calzaghe's achivements

Shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley Harrison. He had an awesome '07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top 5 this year should be:

1. Calzaghe
    2. Hatton
    3. Lewis Hamilton
    4. Justin Rose
    5. Nicola Sanders
    6. Andy Murray
    7. David Haye
    8. Pardraig Harington
    9. Paula Radcliffe
    10. Jonny Wilkinson

Young Personality : Frankie Gavin

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye's win over Mormeck is more impressive than Calzaghe's over Kessler.

Should Hatton beat Floyd he would totally obliterate everyone on the list. They should give him 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Team - Overseas.......
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

EDIT: Oops wrong thread

Thread Information