Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vargas??

Does anyone see Vargas coming back to the ring, or is it really over for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and make a try at 160. He's only 29 and I wonder how he'll feel down the stretch knowing he went out on a loss, though a competitive one. Any thoughts?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vargas??

No. I don't see Vargas comin back, cept for maybe in a few years he'll partake in a novelty type fight. You know against another old fighter at a ridicilous weight, kinda like what he did last night, but he'd better pick a weaker victim next time. Theres a slim chance of him ever comin back really though IMO. He loves to eat too much.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    No. I don't see Vargas comin back, cept for maybe in a few years he'll partake in a novelty type fight. You know against another old fighter at a ridicilous weight, kinda like what he did last night, but he'd better pick a weaker victim next time. Theres a slim chance of him ever comin back really though IMO. He loves to eat too much.
    You mean we might get to see him and Butterbean?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    I dunno, it depends if Butterbean would take the fight or not. I mean he'd be givin up a lot in weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno, it depends if Butterbean would take the fight or not. I mean he'd be givin up a lot in weight.
    DAMN!!!! Lol
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's only 29
    He's 29 going on 39 in boxing years.

I hope he doesn't comeback for his own good.
    More important he's been keeping busy with business ventures so I hope that keeps him busy enough so that he doesn't comeback.
    I've never rooted for him and disliked him leading up to the ODLH fight, when he fought Trinidad I was hoping for a double KO.
    Then I saw ODLH KO him and I kinda felt bad for him, the same way I felt bad for Paulie when Cotto bet him.
    Vargas has been in some wars and has fought his times best:

Campas
    Winky
    ODLH
    Trinindad
    Ike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Micks said, he is ring old. He seems very content with moving on to other things. Ive never been a fan of his but he has been able to hold his own against the elite fighters and most of his fights were entertaining. Good luck to him.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    He's only 29
    He's 29 going on 39 in boxing years.

I hope he doesn't comeback for his own good.
    More important he's been keeping busy with business ventures so I hope that keeps him busy enough so that he doesn't comeback.
    I've never rooted for him and disliked him leading up to the ODLH fight, when he fought Trinidad I was hoping for a double KO.
    Then I saw ODLH KO him and I kinda felt bad for him, the same way I felt bad for Paulie when Cotto bet him.
    Vargas has been in some wars and has fought his times best:

Campas
    Winky
    ODLH
    Trinindad
    Ike
    You can add Mayorga to that list now too. Mick, your Birthday wish sorta came true, Mayorga didn't KO him, but he dropped him twice and beat him.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone see Vargas coming back to the ring, or is it really over for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and make a try at 160. He's only 29 and I wonder how he'll feel down the stretch knowing he went out on a loss, though a competitive one. Any thoughts?
    I dont think so Legion,He needs to put the gloves on the wall next to the belts and leave it alone.
    Hindsight is 20/20 but vargas always struck me as a rushed "product",The promoters and HBO seemed determined to throw him in and keep him there with hardly a break.I mean Quartey,Wright and Tito in the span of a year Is admirable but It took a tremendous toll along with a mostly go for broke style.
    Against Mayorga His legs looked shot and although he showed buu-koo heart he was reacting "punchy" when tagged.A venture into The middles or higher could only end Badly Imo as at this point his name will put him right in the heat with another top guy where he'll get dusted.The man had to lose ONE HUNDRED pnds and gos in talking of retirement.Put a fork in em' hes done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wont come back...he has a lot of outside interest to keep him occupied...something many retired fighters don't and causes returns to the ring.....he won't return for money because he has several very successful business's....he has a real bad back and it kills him to workout another reason why his weight gets so high...he has to spend a lot of time just sitting or laying.....

His skills are faded.....even though he is only 29 he has had tough fights with tough fighters....sometimes people forget Vargas started mixing it up with the upperclass very early...he did not have much of a break into it [eriod...EG 6rds,,,then 8rds,,,10 etc...while slowly increasing opp...took a bunch out of the guy
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fought Mosely too.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    He fought Mosely too.
    Right on booze I completely overlooked SSM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    He fought Mosely too.
    Right on booze I completely overlooked SSM.
    That is a helluva resume isn't it! If he only would have had Forrest he would have had everyone!!
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information