Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatton - keys to possible victory.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton - keys to possible victory.

Ricky Hatton must use the following to hav eany chance of victory :
    1. Use his strength to bully Floyd to the ropes as often as he can.
    2. He must employ a cross armed defence up close as i feel Flyd will pot shot with upercuts inside.
    3. Try to avoid bad cuts , as Floyds accurate shots could cut Ricky to ribbons.
    4. Hit the body often and as hard as possible , he has to slow Floyds footspeed down to stand any chance.
    5. He has to gain Floyds respect by hurting him.
    6. The power part will be interesting , Hatton is no 1 punch bomber , but lets not forget , Floyd started as SFW , Hatton is a naturally bigger man , so maybe the power of his body shots may suprise Floyd.
    7. Hatton is famous for his work rate but has struggled at Welter , he must work for 3 mins of every round , punch punch punch , but must use a better defence than he has before.
    8. He must be adaptable if he has a bad round . ie. if he is floored or hurt or cut , he must have plan B and C to carry him through rough patches. ( of which there will be plenty )
    9. If and its a big if , he has Floyd hurt he must keep on top of him , i dont feel Floyd is likely to lose a points fight , unless Hatton is a mile in front.
    10. He must keep his cool when Floyd is trying to toy with him , Hatton hasnt been rattled yet but the fight will bring different senario's , if Floyd hits low then Ricky has to give some back.

All in all Ricky Hatton has a chance to pull of one of, if not the best win by a British fighter.Yes he may be badly beaten , but its kinda a no loose fight for Ricky , as most American fans think he will be beaten , and if he was to win WOW the sky is the limit.

please give me your views on this guys im interested to see wot the English and American fans and any other for that matter think

Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton - keys to possible victory.

Hatton has to set a fast pace never giving floyd a seconds brake.He has to be smart though trying to get on the inside if he just walks in straight lines and no head movment he is in trouble.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A possible key to victory and an intriguing possibility would be a cut to Floyd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think a cut would be all that bad especially if Miguel Diaz is in his corner the best in the business. Hatton needs to bod and weave under mayweather jab, pressure him into corners and go to work with a constant body assault.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What jab? Mayweathers combination starter and lead punch is the straight right...Saw him use the jab in the DLH fight but before that it was a long time since i saw him employ it. He does use it to the body but i don't see him using iot much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

let me start off by saying as an American i still HOPE hatton cleans mayweathers clock! I really want someone to shut him up, and i would love for no one other than hatton to be the guy to do it. Technically however, mayweather is a fantastic athlete and to beat him ricky would have to put on a perfect performance, and really take away his speed.

However mayweather has a an extremely accurate jab, and uses it frequently. Castillo, corrales, baldomir, ODLH come to mind with his jab that may not have a lot of sting on them, but its in his opponents face and is quite affective.

If you look at the 2 hardest fights for Floyd it was castillo (which i think he lost) and ODLH. Castillo was relentless with his body work, and ODLH was being pretty effective with his jab. So, i see hatton taking a page out of Castillo's fight with floyd. And who knows, now that ODLH is helping ricky, maybe he can give ricky a few things to look for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is true perhaps Oscar mnay help him out, but i wouldn't be so sure...
    Ricky's own jab could be a great help, but i don't see him using it at all...
    He's like a little Joe Frazier since the Tszyu fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pressure, pressure, pressure. He can't let Floyd breathe for one second during this fight, and he can't let Floyd decide to dictate where this fight goes and when it happens. Either way Hatton is going to get punched, and he can't complicate matters by letting Floyd slip off the ropes if he can get him there, as he'll have to chase Floyd while getting pot shotted. Pressure and an effective body attack. That's all Ricky has to offer and if he doesn't make it work somehow someway he's doomed. He'll get beaten silly on the outside and it will be deja-vu for Gatti fans as that will be what it will look like. All this talk about Hatton having good footwork and hitting from angles; please, like Floyd hasn't fought better boxers than Ricky and Floyd has better both than Hatton. For Hatton to win he has to do it by the 6th round or people might as well turn the t.v. off, unless you're just a fan of watching CSI. Don't forget, Floyd never tires, and no mistake about it, he'll let Ricky run himself ragged while trying to find a home for that left hook to the body, or one of those silly lunging punches Ricky throws. No way will Ricky win a decision, lol. In America? With Floyd; who only gets better as the fight progresses? Ricky has to cripple that body or he'll get beat worse than Paul Bostaph's drum kit Bring it on Lefty{laughingstock}Lee

DISCLAIMER: I'm mostly wrong in my predictions

Here's me if I'm wrong........................................
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is a wonderful fighter i just wish he had some class outside the ring.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton stays focus and uses all of his strength he can win the match but its not going to be easy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good thoughts here so far, i think hatton is ready and prepared to carry out his gameplan as all floyds opponets have been, it just never materializes when the bell rings, i belive that floyd is much faster, stronger, smarter, and harder to hit than opponets think.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Pressure, pressure, pressure. He can't let Floyd breathe for one second during this fight, and he can't let Floyd decide to dictate where this fight goes and when it happens. Either way Hatton is going to get punched, and he can't complicate matters by letting Floyd slip off the ropes if he can get him there, as he'll have to chase Floyd while getting pot shotted. Pressure and an effective body attack. That's all Ricky has to offer and if he doesn't make it work somehow someway he's doomed. He'll get beaten silly on the outside and it will be deja-vu for Gatti fans as that will be what it will look like. All this talk about Hatton having good footwork and hitting from angles; please, like Floyd hasn't fought better boxers than Ricky and Floyd has better both than Hatton. For Hatton to win he has to do it by the 6th round or people might as well turn the t.v. off, unless you're just a fan of watching CSI. Don't forget, Floyd never tires, and no mistake about it, he'll let Ricky run himself ragged while trying to find a home for that left hook to the body, or one of those silly lunging punches Ricky throws. No way will Ricky win a decision, lol. In America? With Floyd; who only gets better as the fight progresses? Ricky has to cripple that body or he'll get beat worse than Paul Bostaph's drum kit Bring it on Lefty{laughingstock}Lee

DISCLAIMER: I'm mostly wrong in my predictions

Here's me if I'm wrong........................................
    Well if he hits the body like you say (and i believe) he has to, then i dont think he has to win by the 6th round. Look at Castillo, he did a good job to the body and floyd was alot slower and grabby towards the end of that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Ricky Hatton and think if Floyd is gonna lose to someone I think Hatton deserves the acclaim and accolade.

I think there are alot of things people point to as keys to Victory and point to the Tszyu victory as his crowning moment. I just feel that Hatton has to be 4x as good as he was in the Tszyu fight and put on a once in a lifetime performance.

Floyd can have a semi awkward or not 100% Floyd night and still win and to me thats the difference.

Tszyu is a european trained fighter who is bred to take create and have enough distance to study and make adjustments, not have someone on your chest ruffing you up. Floyd has fought bigger men and has continually been the smaller man, so Hattons strength wont bother Floyd too much. Also the tolerance of certain tactics and constant Hitting, Holding etc will probably not be tolerated. Hatton better pray to God he dosent get a Ref that calls break immediatly when the clinch if so he has even a lesser chance of winning to put it mildly.

Good Luck to both and may they both come out of this win or lose 10000000000000000% safe and able to enjoy there family life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh this is easy...

... Cut off the ring. Simple. Hatton already knows the rest. But he should spar with cutting off the ring in mind. That's it. The rest is just "Be Ricky." But first he must get there, and to do that he must cut off the ring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look.

the only way Hatton would ever beat Floyd is if he lands a body shot out of no where that paralyzes him. Like the shot Hopkins hit Oscar with.

he isn't going to outbox him in a million years and he sure isn't going to be able to instigate a plan that he is going to successfully follow for 12 rounds because Floyd is a great adapter at changing up his style depending on the circumstance.

Hatton needs to stick with what he has and hopes the body shot out of nowhere happens if he wants to win.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information