Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Superb Edwin Valero article.

http://m axboxing.com/Fischer/Fischer120607.asp

I've lost of this guy ever recreating his gym skills. I mean he looked wonderful in the gym but,judging by this article,he seems intent on KTFO guys,regardless of who they are and what their style is.Oh well,he's still dam exciting. Here are some of my faves from the article:

“Knockouts are what people come to see when they go to a fight,” Valero told the small gathering of L.A.-based media at Tuesday’s press conference.

I may not always look pretty doing it, but I don’t care as long as get the knockout. Every fighter has a strategy that they’ve worked on in the gym and plan to use once they get into the ring. My strategy is very simple. I take the fight to them so fast and so hard that I prevent them from getting their strategies started.

“My plan has always been to take away my opponent’s plan by hurting him as soon as the fight starts. Before 30 seconds go by, I want to have them in survival mode. Before a minute goes by, I want to hurt them. And the moment I think my opponent is hurt I try to take them out. I go for it because I’ve seen too many good fighters hurt their opponents and then take a step back to admire their work or just to play it safe and they wind up letting their opponents back into the fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Superb Edwin Valero article.

He admits Guzman would be tough:

“Look where Pacquiao got fighting the same way,” he said. “Marquez is a better boxer than Pacquiao, he has the style to beat Pacquiao, but I think Pacquiao will win their rematch because Marquez doesn’t have the energy or the power to hold him off for 12 rounds.”

It’s not that Valero doesn’t respect boxers; he says that aside from himself, Guzman is the best 130 pounder in the world because of the Dominican’s skill, technique and ring generalship.

and here's what he ahd to say about Manny

“I would look to connect from the opening bell,” he said. “I’m so sure of my power that I know I can knock him out in the first round.

“If Oscar Larios hit him hard enough to make him lift one leg off the canvas, I’ll roll him right out of the ring.”

I highly recommend you go and read the rest of the article and Max boxing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting strategy adopted by Valero. It can't work long term though. He's like the gambler who keeps doubling his bets after every loss convinced he'll win it all back on the next roll of the dice.

Soon someone will not collapse as soon as he puts pressure on them, and then he's fucked.

I'd love to see him fight Juan Guzman, no way would he put Guzman away in the first couple rounds so how would he cope then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Interesting strategy adopted by Valero. It can't work long term though. He's like the gambler who keeps doubling his bets after every loss convinced he'll win it all back on the next roll of the dice.

Soon someone will not collapse as soon as he puts pressure on them, and then he's fucked.

I'd love to see him fight Juan Guzman, no way would he put Guzman away in the first couple rounds so how would he cope then?
    Yeah,I agree. The only thing with Valero is,he DOES have amazing power and he has shown heart v Mosquera so I'm hoping he can hang around at the top.He didn't put Mosquera away but was persistant,kept throwing bombs and Mosquera was 1 tough,under rated MO FO. I'm pretty sure he is on a murder charge now though.

Anyway,Valero will get beaten up on the way somewhere but you better have a good chin! Also remember that,he is still relativerly inexperienced!Hardly has any rounds under his belt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Valero has to happen sometime, if just for the entertainment value regardless who actually deserves a shot at Manny at the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Manny Valero has to happen sometime, if just for the entertainment value regardless who actually deserves a shot at Manny at the time.
    It would be a huge fight in Asia,because Valero is a name in Japan and Manny is well known there too. It would be an easy fight to make. I'll take Manny tko 7,after he gets dropped by Valero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

“Look where Pacquiao got fighting the same way,” he said. “Marquez is a better boxer than Pacquiao, he has the style to beat Pacquiao, but I think Pacquiao will win their rematch because Marquez doesn’t have the energy or the power to hold him off for 12 rounds.”

It’s not that Valero doesn’t respect boxers; he says that aside from himself, Guzman is the best 130 pounder in the world because of the Dominican’s skill, technique and ring generalship.

“I would look to connect from the opening bell,” he said. “I’m so sure of my power that I know I can knock him out in the first round.

“If Oscar Larios hit him hard enough to make him lift one leg off the canvas, I’ll roll him right out of the ring.”

for the read Gamo!

You know how I feel about Valero...so I won't go to far into detail...other than to say that he'd be fwocked if he got in with someone like Diaz or Guzman.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back my man,thought you'd like that part. Yeah,but to be fair,most are in trouble when they fight Guzman! Valero would at least have the power advantage,and believe me,he hits fricking hard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Valero is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he can put pac away in 1 round. This is the kind of talk that gets the motherland rowdy, if pac and valero ever happens this is all what pac needs to fuel himself to murder valero. Arrogant is something pnoys dismiss as soon as possible. Hopefully valero keeps talking about how he'll knock pac out, he talks enough pac will soon hear him and by then philippines would declare war on japan. It would be a great build up pinas vs japan. Valero is their only hope Pac will murder him though. Valero's power is way overrated, Pac would of k.o'ed everyone valero has fought. Mosq would of been killed by pac but valero struggled with him. Valero is bum til he proves himself more. This is boxing man, if people realy thinks his something specially they would of had him fighting in america on hbo and showtime by now. Boxing can get around anything if it wanted valero to be a bigger star, it would of already. But valero is just an internet hype. the real boxing world know he ain't anything more than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest,I stopped reading when I read Valero is a bum. Of course he is. Erik Morales used this bum as his main sparring partner for the first Pacquiao fight,he must be a bum. He won a world title in his 20th pro fight,in 1 of the most hostile backyards a fighter can fight in. Yup,he must be a bum. You say Pac would have koed everyone Valero has fought but let's do a comparison,where was Manny after his 20th pro fight?

And he hasn't been on HBO or Showtime because of his medical status dude. Seriously,without meaning to sound rude,think about what you are writing before you write it rather than typing in a blind rage of fury because someone has challenged Manny. I would have sad clicked you before but I know your'e cool,just stop nut hugging so badly. Try to be more unbiased.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

believe me after pac gets done with valero, valero will look just like i said....A BUM.

think about it, if valero was to fight and just get annihilated by pac, he ain't done shyt in the past to say more than what he really is now...a bum. he won a title on his 20th pro fight, does that mean much with all these abc titles. NOPE.

do you think pac would struggle against mosq, do you think pac would get drop by mosq like valero was. NOPE.

Truth is, valero should be hiding away from a fight with pac for atleast 3 more years. the fact that he can't fight in the state should be something he takes as a warning cause it gives him the internet hype and all of the taxi drivers they can find for him to knock out. Until then he should stay the fuck away from pac, and keep pacs name out his mouth.

NO wait a minute, if guzman gets to valero. The goose will pretty much make valero look like an ammature before pac or jmm does. If that fight pulls through valero is done for, he shouldn't take that fight either. Ooh well one way or the other someone is going to expose valero.

Funny how mab also made valero a sparring partner before he fought pac, it clearly showed no help done by valero

ICB Guest

Valero is exciting and im a fan but lets be real, he has terrible technique, no defense, he has of course amazing power. But he is very limited if he didn't have the power he wouldn't of even made it this far, Pacquiao, Guzman, Marquez, etc will take him to the cleaners.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Without being biased, I fully agree with ICB. Valero himself admitted before that Pacquaio will be too much for him at this moment.

Thread Information