Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ...you know you're a lot like Mitt Romney, I start on an issue and you try to steer me into talking about the economy.

There is no need for this thread anymore if we're done talking about Bernard Hopkins and what he said about Joe Calzaghe
    You're the biggest bloviator on the forum. A conversation with you goes in a hundred different directions as you change the subject to avoid dealing with facts and evidence. I've finally managed to back you into a corner in this thread where you'd have to display some actual knowledge of the things we're talking about to continue and since you don't have any you can't.

Read the next post before replying.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Greenspan had a hand in this as well...so let's include him in all the fun too

Sure we're going to see more trouble come from this cars and homes repo'ed but the repo guys will be doing big business so there are some low/middle income earners that will be doing ok
    How some people do is irrelevant. How the vast majority of people do is, and they've been and are going to continue to be shafted. This is all part of a process that's been going on since Reagan and the only thing that will arrest it is when the American middle class hits a wall.

Middle class families have exhausted the coping mechanisms they've used for over three decades to get by on median wages that are barely higher than they were in 1970, adjusted for inflation. Male wages today are actually lower than they were then; the income of a young man in his 30s is now 12 percent below that of a man his age three decades ago.

The first coping mechanism was moving more women into paid work. The percent of working mothers with school-age children has almost doubled since 1970 -- from 38 percent to about 70 percent. Some parents are now even doing 24-hour shifts, one on child duty while the other works.

When families couldn't paddle any harder, they started paddling longer. The typical American now works two weeks more each year than 30 years ago, putting in 350 more hours a year than the average European, more even than the notoriously industrious Japanese.

As the tide of economic necessity continued to rise, America turned to the third coping mechanism, taking equity out of their homes, big time. But now that home prices are sinking for the first time in decades, this final coping mechanism no longer keeps the economy afloat.

The fact is, most Americans are still not prospering in the high-tech, global economy that emerged three decades ago. Almost all the benefits of economic growth since then have gone to a relatively small number of people at the very top. And that's only going to get worse as globalisation increases. The only questions remaining are how bad do things have to get before people start noticing and what happens when they do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    How some people do is irrelevant. How the vast majority of people do is, and they've been and are going to continue to be shafted. This is all part of a process that's been going on since Reagan and the only thing that will arrest it is when the American middle class hits a wall.

Middle class families have exhausted the coping mechanisms they've used for over three decades to get by on median wages that are barely higher than they were in 1970, adjusted for inflation. Male wages today are actually lower than they were then; the income of a young man in his 30s is now 12 percent below that of a man his age three decades ago.

The first coping mechanism was moving more women into paid work. The percent of working mothers with school-age children has almost doubled since 1970 -- from 38 percent to about 70 percent. Some parents are now even doing 24-hour shifts, one on child duty while the other works.

When families couldn't paddle any harder, they started paddling longer. The typical American now works two weeks more each year than 30 years ago, putting in 350 more hours a year than the average European, more even than the notoriously industrious Japanese.

As the tide of economic necessity continued to rise, America turned to the third coping mechanism, taking equity out of their homes, big time. But now that home prices are sinking for the first time in decades, this final coping mechanism no longer keeps the economy afloat.

The fact is, most Americans are still not prospering in the high-tech, global economy that emerged three decades ago. Almost all the benefits of economic growth since then have gone to a relatively small number of people at the very top. And that's only going to get worse as globalisation increases. The only questions remaining are how bad do things have to get before people start noticing and what happens when they do?
    He's wrong on this one as well.Buddy of mine is a conscietious with his money as they come
    He works corporate collections
    He had his van repoed while he was at work

El Kabong Guest

....once again this is a NONISSUE IN THIS THREAD if you want to talk economy make a new thread.

Sure wages need to increase....but don't you think illegal immigrants affect that?

Anyone who is making minimum wage needs to get a fucking clue and get a REAL job.

People also need to learn more about how to handle their money and read contracts. And education is always an issue and it needs to be more of a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....once again this is a NONISSUE IN THIS THREAD if you want to talk economy make a new thread.

Sure wages need to increase....but don't you think illegal immigrants affect that?

Anyone who is making minimum wage needs to get a fucking clue and get a REAL job.

People also need to learn more about how to handle their money and read contracts. And education is always an issue and it needs to be more of a priority.
    Ah they fall of trees do they?
    Nobody ever gets sick or has an emergency?
    Health insurance hasnt been stripped down to bare bones minimum?
    Your living on 70's rhetoric,while the rest of us are trying to survive in the 21st century

El Kabong Guest

...insurance is usually available through work and once again let me explain this to you read it carefully so I don't have to post this again

HEALTH INSURANCE NEEDS TO BE REFORMED

but until the day that happens you PLAN to have problems jump up at you by saving extra money

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    He's wrong on this one as well.Buddy of mine is a conscietious with his money as they come
    He works corporate collections
    He had his van repoed while he was at work
    Eventually evenpeople like lyle will start asking questions. Increasing poverty concentrates the mind remarkably.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any discussion with you in any thread takes a hundred different turns. You're only trying to change the subject here because you can't make a coherent argument.

Illegal immigrants have almost zero effect on wages especially compared to banning unionisation, outsourcing, offshoring etc.

Laws were put in place in the past to control predatory lending precisely because it's so easy for crooked lenders to fleece unknowledgeable people, but the current administration didn't enforce those laws and actually sided with the banks to prevent any investigations into their lending practices under those laws. If the country wasn't being run by a bunch of incompetent crooks there would have been no housing bubble and no resulting financial meltdown.

El Kabong Guest

Jesus....just go right ahead and argue between yourselves because as I have said before this is a NONISSUE in this thread.

All I can say is that in the next year or two now is the time to buy stock and or houses and you can make a shit ton of money if you do it properly. And that's all I have to say about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...insurance is usually available through work and once again let me explain this to you read it carefully so I don't have to post this again

HEALTH INSURANCE NEEDS TO BE REFORMED

but until the day that happens you PLAN to have problems jump up at you by saving extra money
    You still think you have insurance?
    You have bargin power,and thats all you have.it certainly costs you enough

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus....just go right ahead and argue between yourselves because as I have said before this is a NONISSUE in this thread.

All I can say is that in the next year or two now is the time to buy stock and or houses and you can make a shit ton of money if you do it properly. And that's all I have to say about it.
    You must be able to tell us why you think now is a good time for us to buy stock and property. I bet you can't, you're just flapping your gums as usual.

Now is a good time for somebody to bookmark your post for future reference too Nostradamus.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You must be able to tell us why you think now is a good time for us to buy stock and property. I bet you can't, you're just flapping your gums as usual.

Now is a good time for somebody to bookmark your post for future reference too Nostradamus.
    ....when the prices of stocks get low you buy because the reliable ones that go up over time will do so again after the market corrects itself and seeing how you buy for a little money and sell for a lot of money you EARN money.

With the houses shit you said it yourself...the prices are falling because fewer people can buy or will buy and therefore you buy now, and when the market corrects itself you're swimming in money because property values usually go up over time especially in newly growing neighborhoods.

Though both are risky...if it was a sure thing then everyone would do it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    You still think you have insurance?
    You have bargin power,and thats all you have.it certainly costs you enough
    There are a number of things wrong with health insurance and I have posted them before in a manner where I do believe either no one argued with me or everyone agreed with me or at least saw where I was coming from. I'll post it again but it's really long and tedious, maybe you should look it up

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....when the prices of stocks get low you buy because the reliable ones that go up over time will do so again after the market corrects itself and seeing how you buy for a little money and sell for a lot of money you EARN money.

With the houses shit you said it yourself...the prices are falling because fewer people can buy or will buy and therefore you buy now, and when the market corrects itself you're swimming in money because property values usually go up over time especially in newly growing neighborhoods.

Though both are risky...if it was a sure thing then everyone would do it.
    Fair enough, I thought you'd written that now was a good time to buy.

Thread Information