Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Comeback And Watched Taylor vs Pavlik 2 Why Are People Saying This Was A Robbery

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Just Comeback And Watched Taylor vs Pavlik 2 Why Are People Saying This Was A Robbery

First off i had Pavlik winning by 2 rounds, i thought Taylor would try and box Pavlik. But he had better success than i thought he would, after 10 rounds it was anyone's fight but Pavlik dug deep clearly winning the last 2 rounds. Taylor's head movement was much better so was his jab. I have no problem with people saying Taylor won but a robbery ?? come on folks get real, Ottke vs Reid, Whitaker vs Chavez, Lewis vs Holyfield 1, were robberies. I think people get the wrong end of the stick when labelling a fight a *Robbery*. First off a robbery is when its impossible to have a certain boxer beating another boxer when doing RBR scoring, for instance it was impossible to have Holyfield beating Lewis in there 1st fight. At most if your being generous Holyfield won 4 at max, but no way in hell he won more rounds than that, Pavlik vs Taylor 2 is totally different because all the rounds were close and can be judged different ways, I do really get sick of people labelling certain fights *Robberies* when it isn't warranted. Overall a decent fight not as good as i thought it would be but still a good solid tactical fight, i heard Pavlik has a fight scheduled for June 6th in Madison Square Garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just Comeback And Watched Taylor vs Pavlik 2 Why Are People Saying This Was A Rob

I had taylor ahead until the last 2 rounds which i thought kelly won
    so imo it could have gone either way

ICB Guest

Default Re: Just Comeback And Watched Taylor vs Pavlik 2 Why Are People Saying This Was A Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Baby-Faced-Assassin View Post
    I had taylor ahead until the last 2 rounds which i thought kelly won
    so imo it could have gone either way
    I have no problem with your last comment like i said, i can see why people may of thought Taylor nicked it, but what really annoys me is when people call this fight a robbery, when it shouldn't be labelled as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree it couldnt be called a robbery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was not a robbery, it was a close fight that i gave to pavlik 115-113

El Kabong Guest

Well I am very pleased with the results of this fight...everyone ends up looking good. Pavlik remains champion and undefeated, Taylor is brave for taking an immediate rematch and looked like a new man he boxed well and used his jab and didn't fade too bad over the championship rounds (even though those rounds eventually cost him the fight).

I think Taylor should go ahead and take a tune up fight at 168 vs someone like Jaidon Codrington or Peter Manfredo Jr. and then move on to bigger fights vs: Jeff Lacy, Edison Miranda, and Allan Green.

Meanwhile Pavlik should take a fight vs Duddy or even Sergio Mora (please please please I want to see him destroyed!!!) and then maybe take on a big name fighter like Abraham or even Winky Wright.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whos calling this a robbery ?

It was onesided cuz Taylor was afraid to get knocked out again so he didnt try to throw enough punches .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not sure why people are calling it a robbery?

It was a close fight and 115-113 was how I saw it.

Good fight though, I could have watched a few more rounds of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is not a robbery in any way, shape, or form.

It was a close competitive fight that Pavlik won fairly.

Thread Information