Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hot Yoga.

It's the name of a business here in my hoime town.

Basically involves an hour n a half yoga session in a 37 degree celsius room.
    I've had trouble in the past with my calves and legs so I'm attending to increase my flexibility.

I have to say it was one of the most painful expieriences of my entitre life. I really pinpointed my legs problem and went through a gruelling session because of them. They really hurt me. Funnily enough I sweat a lot too. I'm actually fit at the moment, but the sweat that poured from me was, frankly....disgusting!

I'll definitely be keeping iot up for a while in an attempt to sort out my leg problem.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hot Yoga.

bikram.

not done that style but I've done yoga whilst on holiday in hot climates. It does test you. The main concern yogis have is that it's scripted, you follow a set of exercises and don't deviate from them, others have found that the instructors push you too much before you're ready. But some people love it. Your muscles certainly relax in that heat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    bikram.

not done that style but I've done yoga whilst on holiday in hot climates. It does test you. The main concern yogis have is that it's scripted, you follow a set of exercises and don't deviate from them, others have found that the instructors push you too much before you're ready. But some people love it. Your muscles certainly relax in that heat.
    The instructor did push me thats for sure. But the heat allowed me a little extra flexibility. I'm having issues with my calves that I really need to address so I'm going to do it once a week for a month and survey the effects.

I'm thinking that the course should help my mobility in boxing, what do you think Missy?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm, I think the right kind of yoga can have overall health benefits. As you've mentioned it's not all lying on the floor chanting 'om' it can be challenging.
    For instance I read one study where regular yogis had a greater lung capacity. Not something you'd first consider.

You could try doing a mini routine everyday rather than one long session a week. I think that would have greater benefits. Samadhi Yoga's Sun Salutation Illustration try 3 rounds of A and B, then 6 then 10 etc.

I'd be interested in what you find with your experiment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Thank you Missy, some rep if I can.

What it's mostly helping, is identifying my problem areas so I can address them in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My brother got into it for a while and he really liked it. I think the temperature they do it at here is a bit more than 37 degrees though because that's just walking outside here in summer!

I have been wanting to try it out but here you'd have to be able to go often and on some weeknights for it to be worth the cost per session and it clashes with other training. Let us know how it goes for you.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard yoga will lenghten the limbs. Meaning more reach for the punch.

Thread Information