Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molitor - Caballero in the works?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Molitor - Caballero in the works?

winnipegsun.com - Other Sports - Boxer seeks big stick

This fight was also discussed on In This Corner With Russ Anber, a weekly boxing show on TSN.

What do you guys think? I'm a huge Molitor fan and I haven't seen much of Cabellero beyond highlights of the PDL fight, but I think Cabellero's size, combined with Molitor's at times non-existant inside game could give Molitor all kinds of trouble. I'd love to see this fight come together though, would Molitor be considered a big underdog in this one?
    Last edited by CFH; 05-28-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Molitor - Caballero in the works?

Can't see it happening. Caballero has a fight with Lorenzo Parra coming up. I don't see Caballero beating Parra. Especially if Parra is 100% healthy. Parra is such an underrated fighter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not make Molitor - Gonzalez?

I don't really like Caballero he is the Valuev of the little guys. I think VD is right a healthy Parra should take Celestino out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind seeing Molitor taking his time until his next fight. I have concerns about him and healing properly. He is just opening up too easily right now. If he can get some proper scar tissue happening, it may save him from being a perpetual bleeder which I believe is a real threat for him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I don't really like Caballero he is the Valuev of the little guys. I think VD is right a healthy Parra should take Celestino out.
    I'd love to see that fight. A fight with Gonzalez would answer all the questions I have regarding Molitor's chin.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I'd love to see that fight. A fight with Gonzalez would answer all the questions I have regarding Molitor's chin.
    And it would answer all the questions I have about Gonzalez's stamina

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, all right then. I'll fax you over the contract as soon as I have drawn it up.
    Seriously though, how well do you think Gonzalez will be able to compete in the division? He's already lost to Vazquez, would you give him much of a chance against Rafa?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, all right then. I'll fax you over the contract as soon as I have drawn it up.
    Seriously though, how well do you think Gonzalez will be able to compete in the division? He's already lost to Vazquez, would you give him much of a chance against Rafa?
    His fight against Vazquez was an absolute war. Gonzalez gassed out, and Izzy's heart won the day. But scoring two knockdowns early on against Vazquez is a respectable feat I think. Rafa would be an interesting challenge as well, I'd have a hard time picking my boy to beat Rafa as I rate him extremely highly, probably the best boxer/puncher in the game right now. It's a really tough division there is a lot of talent there. Jhonny does have two big advantages his reach and his power, he is freakishly large for that division, I think only Caballero is taller, but he has nowhere near Gonzalez's power. So he definately has a chance against anyone in that division. I have only been dissapointed in Gonzalez in one fight and that was the one against Montiel, both guys got extremely timid and showed far too much respect for each other I think there were 10 "feeling out" rounds.

So you get your boy, And I'll get mine and we'll have them slug it out in neutral territory (like Tucson, AZ)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His fight against Vazquez was an absolute war. Gonzalez gassed out, and Izzy's heart won the day. But scoring two knockdowns early on against Vazquez is a respectable feat I think. Rafa would be an interesting challenge as well, I'd have a hard time picking my boy to beat Rafa as I rate him extremely highly, probably the best boxer/puncher in the game right now. It's a really tough division there is a lot of talent there. Jhonny does have two big advantages his reach and his power, he is freakishly large for that division, I think only Caballero is taller, but he has nowhere near Gonzalez's power. So he definately has a chance against anyone in that division. I have only been dissapointed in Gonzalez in one fight and that was the one against Montiel, both guys got extremely timid and showed far too much respect for each other I think there were 10 "feeling out" rounds.

So you get your boy, And I'll get mine and we'll have them slug it out in neutral territory (like Tucson, AZ)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

What? Tucson is miles from Mexico

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heheh, maybe we can find a location somewhere between B.C and AZ so we can travel an equal distance to see the fight.

That's one of the problems I have with Molitor right now, he seems to be in no hurry to leave the comfort of Rama. Which is fine as he's just been facing manditory challengers, and he's already shown he can win in a hostile environment (the Hunter fight), but some of the other title holders may well balk before going onto Molitors territory for a unification bout. From what I heard about the prospective Caballero fight they're trying to entice him to come to Canada to fight. Since their both belt-holders, IMO it should be in neutral territory. Plus, I'd hate to see Molitor get a shady, hometown decision.

I haven't seen much of Caballero aside from highlights of the PDL and Sithchatchawal fights. Do you think he would give Molitor a lot of trouble? I think he would based purely on Molitor's most recent fights where his inside game is poor, something I feel he definately needs to improve to beat a freakishly tall and long guy like Caballero.

The Vazquez fight was awesome, from what I saw Gonzalez was just overpowered at the end. Like you said he gassed out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heheh, maybe we can find a location somewhere between B.C and AZ so we can travel an equal distance to see the fight.

That's one of the problems I have with Molitor right now, he seems to be in no hurry to leave the comfort of Rama. Which is fine as he's just been facing manditory challengers, and he's already shown he can win in a hostile environment (the Hunter fight), but some of the other title holders may well balk before going onto Molitors territory for a unification bout. From what I heard about the prospective Caballero fight they're trying to entice him to come to Canada to fight. Since their both belt-holders, IMO it should be in neutral territory. Plus, I'd hate to see Molitor get a shady, hometown decision.

I haven't seen much of Caballero aside from highlights of the PDL and Sithchatchawal fights. Do you think he would give Molitor a lot of trouble? I think he would based purely on Molitor's most recent fights where his inside game is poor, something I feel he definately needs to improve to beat a freakishly tall and long guy like Caballero.

The Vazquez fight was awesome, from what I saw Gonzalez was just overpowered at the end. Like you said he gassed out.
    I don't think Molitor will have too many problems with Caballero, if you think Molitor's inside game is bad.................Molitor has the exact style to foil Caballero IMO, I think his ring generalship will be the key all night.

Well halfway would be Carson City, NV yikes, not much there, we could compromise to say Vegas?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Molitor will have too many problems with Caballero, if you think Molitor's inside game is bad.................Molitor has the exact style to foil Caballero IMO, I think his ring generalship will be the key all night.

Well halfway would be Carson City, NV yikes, not much there, we could compromise to say Vegas?
    Vegas sounds good to me.
    I don't necessarily think Molitor's inside game is bad, it's just been non-existent in his last few fights. Could've been part of the gameplan, but the vast majority of the times when his opponents got inside he just tied them up.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In regards to the fight I can see Caballero wining the early rounds and causing Molitor problems. As the fight goes on I can see Molitor adjusting to the fight. The Molitor will start bagging in the rounds.

Molitor by UD

Can't see it happening. Caballero has a fight with Lorenzo Parra coming up. I don't see Caballero beating Parra. Especially if Parra is 100% healthy. Parra is such an underrated fighter.
    I could, cause I don't think Parra will ever be the same. His inactivity IMO is what will hurt him the most. Not only that but I can't see him beating Caballero. Plus the 1 fight hes had at this weight doesn't tell us much I would think he'd gradually work up to a big fight I don't think jumping into a fight like this was a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? Tucson is miles from Mexico

It should be somewhere in NoCal or Oregon.

Thread Information