Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What a Great Night I Had Tonight At ESPN With Joe Frazier

Guys what can I say, most of you will remember the thread I made last month complaining about my girl not realizing the woman who's hair she styles is the director for the friday night fight show on ESPN... My girl cuts a few people from ESPN's hair and has gotten the invite for me and her to come down, well when I had my picnic last month the director invited us down for Joe Fraziers visit.. Well she kept her promise big time..

We arrived and got the tour of the place which is huge, went throught the studios etc.. We bought a set of gloves for Joe to sign... The night was really special for because Joe was in Waterbury Ct Nov 26th 1978 at the palace theatre singing... My Uncle was a cop working security and got my Grandfather backstage to meet Joe since he was a huge fan of his. he got 2 pictures taken with Joe.

My grandfather died in 1980 and my father put all his pictures in an alblum, I had him dig out those two pics and I brought them with me, we were fortunate enough to have a private meet and greet with Joe and Brian Kenny after a few minutes I pulled out the photos and Joe was astonished and gracious.. He asked if I would like him to sign the Photos as well as the gloves, we took a few pictures with me as well as my stepson.. Joe is a little punchdrunk but such a good spirited gracious man and polite to my family.. It was great to meet and talk to a legend like Joe

The night got better when she brought us up to the control room and watched the fights and saw how the show was put together.. It was cool I was sitting next to a producer who was awesome as hell and sat next to him and watched him work and we cracked jokes and talked boxing all program, the fights were great with 2 KO'S and I left with a great feeling of contentment. It was truly one of the best nights I could remember in years.. I will get the pics up tomorrow or Sunday
    Last edited by JT Rock; 06-28-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a Great Night I Had Tonight At ESPN

I'm officially jealous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very cool indeed. I, too, am envious. Can't wait to see the pics JT
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was great guys... The people were cool as hell , they were so much fun and loved their jobs... I told them I wished I felt the same way about my job

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn lucky Dude....you never let on.That is pretty awesome JT.How was the editing behind the scenes compared to how We see it?You are a lucky mo-fo and need to hug your girl for bringing it .Do they read Teddy a list of upcoming Cliches during commercial breaks ? Glad ya had the experience......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a hell of a night. If I wasnt so god damn jealous, I would rep you and say thanks for sharing...

SigmaMu Guest

A night you will never forget

Nothing like seeing how everything is done behind the scenes.

Great personal experience you had. May gramps RIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Very cool indeed. I, too, am envious. Can't wait to see the pics JT
    I'll try to have them up by tomorrow.. Unfortuanely my face looks as fat as Pride of Bostons in those pics and I'm 5'10 197 but I got about 3 with Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

No kidding... The room was dark and looked like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise Its crazy how they insert the fight footage and splice in sportscenter etc... from home you would never guess how muck goes into it. The guy next to me had 3 computer monitors infront of him and having the time of his life... I was jealous, this guy gets paid to watch fights and help make the program

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Damn lucky Dude....you never let on.That is pretty awesome JT.How was the editing behind the scenes compared to how We see it?You are a lucky mo-fo and need to hug your girl for bringing it .Do they read Teddy a list of upcoming Cliches during commercial breaks ? Glad ya had the experience......
    No but I heard Teddy is kinda of a prick, and we were making fun of his cooking cliches.. Like I posted previous you feel like Captain Kirk sitting on the bridge of the Enterprise... The guy I was sitting next to was inserting the Frazier fight footage as well as the Burt sugar piece with Srr and Joey Maxim etc.. I can tell you they were getting nervous with all the early Ko's the guy has a clock that tells you were you are in programming time at one point the show was 1:45 ahead since it was on espn2 they dont have sportscenter to cut in, they would have had to pull the rest of the program out of their ass

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post

No kidding... The room was dark and looked like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise Its crazy how they insert the fight footage and splice in sportscenter etc... from home you would never guess how muck goes into it. The guy next to me had 3 computer monitors infront of him and having the time of his life... I was jealous, this guy gets paid to watch fights and help make the program
    It has been many years since I have been behind the scenes (nothing like your experience though) mine was on the job trianing if you will (a gift course from a teacher) I learned all of the basic functions from running my own camera, to running the switch board and so on. I can't even imagine how great it must have felt to see something as high tech as what you got to witness (I say this because the equiptment we used was older than dirt) and it was soooo many years ago Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see the photos. So do you and POB consider yourselves 'pretty and plump' or do you both just claim to be 'big boned'
    Listen:
    http://www.onebigknife.com/onebigkni...k/bigboned.wav

Last edited by SigmaMu; 06-28-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has been many years since I have been behind the scenes (nothing like your experience though) mine was on the job trianing if you will (a gift course from a teacher) I learned all of the basic functions from running my own camera, to running the switch board and so on. I can't even imagine how great it must have felt to see something as high tech as what you got to witness (I say this because the equiptment we used was older than dirt) and it was soooo many years ago Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see the photos. So do you and POB consider yourselves 'pretty and plump' or do you both just claim to be 'big boned'
    Listen:
    http://www.onebigknife.com/onebigkni...k/bigboned.wav

Hahaha!! no I just got a big head

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a Great Night I Had Tonight At ESPN With Joe Frazier

That's fucken sweet JT...
    Sounds like you had blast man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a Great Night I Had Tonight At ESPN With Joe Frazier

Guys what can I say, most of you will remember the thread I made last month complaining about my girl not realizing the woman who's hair she styles is the director for the friday night fight show on ESPN... My girl cuts a few people from ESPN's hair and has gotten the invite for me and her to come down, well when I had my picnic last month the director invited us down for Joe Fraziers visit.. Well she kept her promise big time..

We arrived and got the tour of the place which is huge, went throught the studios etc.. We bought a set of gloves for Joe to sign... The night was really special for because Joe was in Waterbury Ct Nov 26th 1978 at the palace theatre singing... My Uncle was a cop working security and got my Grandfather backstage to meet Joe since he was a huge fan of his. he got 2 pictures taken with Joe.

My grandfather died in 1980 and my father put all his pictures in an alblum, I had him dig out those two pics and I brought them with me, we were fortunate enough to have a private meet and greet with Joe and Brian Kenny after a few minutes I pulled out the photos and Joe was astonished and gracious.. He asked if I would like him to sign the Photos as well as the gloves, we took a few pictures with me as well as my stepson.. Joe is a little punchdrunk but such a good spirited gracious man and polite to my family.. It was great to meet and talk to a legend like Joe

The night got better when she brought us up to the control room and watched the fights and saw how the show was put together.. It was cool I was sitting next to a producer who was awesome as hell and sat next to him and watched him work and we cracked jokes and talked boxing all program, the fights were great with 2 KO'S and I left with a great feeling of contentment. It was truly one of the best nights I could remember in years.. I will get the pics up tomorrow or Sunday
    A night with Joe is a night to remember!

LUCKY!!!

Thread Information