Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Miguel Cotto says Floyd Mayweather Jr will have to Answer

At a press conference on Wednesday to help hype Saturday's highly anticipated HBO match up between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, Promoter Bob Arum was on hand.

At the conference Arum made it clear what he thought of retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. Arum blasted Mayweather Jr. for not having anything that could hurt Cotto and assured those in attendance that Cotto is the reason Mayweather Jr. abruptly retired.

In regards to a Cotto vs Mayweather Jr. fight, Arum stated: "Miguel would run him out of the ring." Arum went on to add: "He has nothing to hurt Miguel with. Miguel drove him into retirement."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto says Floyd Mayweather Jr will have to Answer

Why does the thread title say "Miguel Cotto says...."??

Looks like Arum was the one doing the talking, as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsid View Post
    At a press conference on Wednesday to help hype Saturday's highly anticipated HBO match up between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, Promoter Bob Arum was on hand.

At the conference Arum made it clear what he thought of retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. Arum blasted Mayweather Jr. for not having anything that could hurt Cotto and assured those in attendance that Cotto is the reason Mayweather Jr. abruptly retired.

In regards to a Cotto vs Mayweather Jr. fight, Arum stated: "Miguel would run him out of the ring." Arum went on to add: "He has nothing to hurt Miguel with. Miguel drove him into retirement."
    awesome..

any talk of a fight between Cotto/Mayweather makes me happy..

Cotto needs to directly call him out to get Mayweather off of his ass..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Miguel didn't comment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why don't Bob Arum just wait and see if Miguel Cotto actually wins first just a thought ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum and cotto are still talking about beating a "retired' fighter when they have a active fighter that he may or not beat standing right in front of them. If he would have retired before the hatton fight hattons peeps would be claiming he ran him out......geeeeezzz louise for a guy people hate so much they talk about him more than his fans do.....why continuously bring up his name like he is the bar of the sport. A sport he's not even active in at the time.....build your merit on your own name rather than trying to use floyd's. I will be impressed enough if he beats tony.....boxing isn't all floyd mayweather.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to be fair Mar, Cotto and Margarito were both asked about Mayweather, so they gave answers. Bob Arum is the only one that brought up Mayweather out of the blue. Everything that was stated in the first post here, came from Arum, not Cotto.

Here is what Margarito and Cotto had to say when asked about Mayweather.

Neither fighter had anything good to say about Floyd Mayweather, Jr., however.

“I have to focus on Saturday night,” said Margarito. “I don’t know what’s going through Mayweather’s mind. I don’t know if he’s playing. It doesn’t matter.

“But do I think he’ll return? . . . I think he’ll be back.”

Cotto had a similar take on Mayweather’s “retirement.”

“I can’t force anybody to face Miguel Cotto,” said Cotto. “I’m here to face the big names.

“But, in ten years, they’ll ask him what the reason was that he did not face Miguel Cotto. Me, I never say never. I don’t know what passes through his mind, but that’s his business. He will probably be back.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea Arum just being a dik by the sounds of it... Floyd is retired let him be, just like Mar said forge your own legacy

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love how Cotto refer's to himself in the 3rd person.

Why even bring up Mayweather when one of the toughest fights in the careers of both men is happening in two days.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I love how Cotto refer's to himself in the 3rd person.

Why even bring up Mayweather when one of the toughest fights in the careers of both men is happening in two days.

Well, you know the press, they have to stir things up, so they keep on asking the same $hit about Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im a pbf fan. and its constint that my friends will tell me who ever there fav fighter is at the time can beat him or diss his fighting style but to me it seems even the people who hate pbf think hes the best or they wouldnt even care who faught him or who he faught suck as andre berto who is undefeated or margo no one is saying of so and so can beat them andre berto because he hasnt faught anyone great but if u ask a floyd hater they will say the same about him and margo because he was kept in the shadows. but if you actually thought your fav fighter was the best then you wouldn't compare him to anyone

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by truth32 View Post
    im a pbf fan. and its constint that my friends will tell me who ever there fav fighter is at the time can beat him or diss his fighting style but to me it seems even the people who hate pbf think hes the best or they wouldnt even care who faught him or who he faught suck as andre berto who is undefeated or margo no one is saying of so and so can beat them andre berto because he hasnt faught anyone great but if u ask a floyd hater they will say the same about him and margo because he was kept in the shadows. but if you actually thought your fav fighter was the best then you wouldn't compare him to anyone
    I think Floyd is very talented but by no stretch of the imagination is he anywhere close to being the best as he has never unified a division and therefore never fought the best guys in any weight class he's ever been in ergo he's not close to being the best

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not t o cotto now

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

U make my eyes bleed Plop's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truth32 View Post
    I think Floyd is very talented but by no stretch of the imagination is he anywhere close to being the best as he has never unified a division and therefore never fought the best guys in any weight class he's ever been in ergo he's not close to being the best
    i didnt mean the best fighter in the world but of our era yea i would say he is the best some of the guys he gets no credit for fighting had belts and where good fighters at one point cotto never faught the best of any weight class either and for some one moving in weight so quick he went for the belts but i would exspect some one to say somthing like you just said but your probly also the type to give cotto credit for beating gomez or pac man credit for beating david diaz

Thread Information