Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Here's an excerpt from the recent edition of Sport Illustrated and a "Where Are They Now - 25 Years Later" special edition article:

"Though he is 55 and has not stepped into a ring professionally for three years, Larry Holmes is picking a fight. On the About Larry Holmes page on LarryHolmes.com, the ex-heavyweight champ lists both his most recent bout - a 10-round decision over Eric (Butterbean) Esch on July 27, 2002 - and his hoped-for next one: "George Foreman ?"

Holmes has been baiting the 56-year-old grill magnate for years. "Foreman keeps saying he wants to fight again," Holmes says. "I keep saying, 'George, fight me.' Deep down he's afraid of me."

Normally, I'm totally against old fogies fighting in the ring. But in Holmes vs. Foreman, I would make an exception. Nothing would please me more than to watch Foreman knock Holmes' dentures into the 5th row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Here's an excerpt from the recent edition of Sport Illustrated and a "Where Are They Now - 25 Years Later" special edition article:

"Though he is 55 and has not stepped into a ring professionally for three years, Larry Holmes is picking a fight. On the About Larry Holmes page on LarryHolmes.com, the ex-heavyweight champ lists both his most recent bout - a 10-round decision over Eric (Butterbean) Esch on July 27, 2002 - and his hoped-for next one: "George Foreman ?"

Holmes has been baiting the 56-year-old grill magnate for years. "Foreman keeps saying he wants to fight again," Holmes says. "I keep saying, 'George, fight me.' Deep down he's afraid of me."

Normally, I'm totally against old fogies fighting in the ring. But in Holmes vs. Foreman, I would make an exception. Nothing would please me more than to watch Foreman knock Holmes' dentures into the 5th row.
    Foreman is done...via his wife's rules.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan

"Though he is 55 and has not stepped into a ring professionally for three years, Larry Holmes is picking a fight. On the About Larry Holmes page on LarryHolmes.com, the ex-heavyweight champ lists both his most recent bout - a 10-round decision over Eric (Butterbean) Esch on July 27, 2002 - and his hoped-for next one: "George Foreman ?"

Holmes has been baiting the 56-year-old grill magnate for years. "Foreman keeps saying he wants to fight again," Holmes says. "I keep saying, 'George, fight me.' Deep down he's afraid of me."

Normally, I'm totally against old fogies fighting in the ring. But in Holmes vs. Foreman, I would make an exception. Nothing would please me more than to watch Foreman knock Holmes' dentures into the 5th row.
    Foreman is done...via his wife's rules.
    Yeah, you're right. Well..... then I hope Holmes calls out Tyson for a rematch of their 1st fight. Hell, that might be even better. Foreman would've been nice to Holmes. Tyson would be on him like a Doberman on a salad diet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until he gets pushed down that is.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by YounGun
    Until he gets pushed down that is.Â
    haha.... you got a point. But we are talking about a 55-year old Larry Holmes here. A move like that and he'd probably pop a hernia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see that maybe if it got some more media attention it could happen.......i doubt it though......i get the feeling Holmes want to prove something by fighting one of the greats......its a shame he didn't have the same balls when forman was not so old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a joke, the sad thing is that I think George would completelt destroy him if his wife would let him. Deep down Holmes knows he doesn't have a chance vs Foreman. Holmes must need money or something

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why all the H@te for Holmes. I love him and George. Holmes just has a big ego, and is always talking about a comeback. Has been calling out forman for years too. I say let them fight. I would like to see it, somehow though I doubt even Larry would have been so eager to Fight the old Foreman of the 70s...
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Fine
    I would love to see that maybe if it got some more media attention it could happen.......i doubt it though......i get the feeling Holmes want to prove something by fighting one of the greats......its a shame he didn't have the same balls when forman was not so old
    Holmes has been screaming for this fight for years, I don't know why.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he beat Butterbean, who KO'd Johnny on JAckass.

Anyway Holmes wants a fight 4 publicity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Purist
    Yet another reason for the undying love that spans the globe between us. That was without a doubt one of the most wrongly entertaining fights I have ever seen. Was'nt it in a Korean Clothing store or some shit like that? Or was it an Electronics store. I was so drunk on that evening that I did litterally shat myself...literally...out of love I will tell only you that in confidence...ummmmmmmm...& the rest of the forum.

That fight was just wrong...but Knoxville is what makes it right. I live for Johnny Knoxville...that is a funny ass hillbille that just hit it rich & keeps on getting richer. Did you see Big Trouble? His part is priceless in that flick...he plays exactly what he is X100 & pulls it off with total hillarity.

He had to have like 18 stiches or some shat after that beat down. Pain for our amusement...I'm equally sold on them all due to the fact that I skated with their Pro Tour here in the Upstate of South Carolina @ a demo. They are as big of freaks as they appear on T.V. Margera is a total head case...but he is amazing on a board. They all are for that matter, cept Johnny...he's just the pain guy & Steve-O is just a turd eater...literally...the boy ate a turd...I was shocked & disgusted but found my self on the asphalt laughing histerically.

As immature, sexist, & WHATEVER those boys are...they are a gagal of fun to fook with. Wee Man (Jason Acuna) catches the most shat. Got drunk with those fookers after a gig & he was amped on dwarf tossing until he hit the corner of the couch in the hotel room. Steve-O & Party Boy trashed the joint & took p!sses & shats in the closets...thank Christ I had left the joint by that time...totally wasted & just could'nt take anymore abuse.

They are all WRONG!

Anyway Holmes wants a fight 4 publicity
    Sorry about the JackAss tangent...drizunk & the baby is awake & the wife is up & ill...& I just wanted to type.

My thing about Holmes...fook him. These cat's need to either start a senior tour (Tyson, Evander, & Bowe also) that runs five rounds only & be done with it.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah... SSPP on bringing up the Knoxville knockout. Did you know that his real/legal name is PJ Clapp?

He has a daughter also & her name is Madison...my thing is this...I know that I have a daughter too & I drink on Saturday night fight nights & all...but this fool let's his daughter kick him in the nuts & he lights his farts on fire.

I feel much better now getting that offa my chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Fine
    Holmes has been screaming for this fight for years, I don't know why.
    i meant not in the last ten years how about in the 80's did he ever call him out then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with the hw division the way it is. this would be the best fight out there :

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Why all the H@te for Holmes.
    Because he is a racist and a bigot. Because he was always a bitter man... ranting and raving about not getting enough recognition and dumping on other fighters, who were either too old to fight him, or DEAD (ie: Rocky Marciano). The mark of a "real" man (note the sarcasm).

Holmes just has a big ego, and is always talking about a comeback.
    He's 55 frigging years old, less than a decade away from Social Security. He definitely doesn't need the money, for if anything, he's been a shrewd businessman. So stay FRIGGING retired and go knit something!!

I would like to see it, somehow though I doubt even Larry would have been so eager to Fight the old Foreman of the 70s...
    Unfortunately, Holmes was still coming up when Foreman first retired in 1977. Nothing would have pleased me more than to have seen Holmes getting squashed like a cockroach by the 70's Foreman. Luckily (for me), Holmes DID make the mistake of getting in the ring with Mike Tyson in 1988 and got KTFO.

Thread Information