Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Here's an excerpt from the recent edition of Sport Illustrated and a "Where Are They Now - 25 Years Later" special edition article:

"Though he is 55 and has not stepped into a ring professionally for three years, Larry Holmes is picking a fight. On the About Larry Holmes page on LarryHolmes.com, the ex-heavyweight champ lists both his most recent bout - a 10-round decision over Eric (Butterbean) Esch on July 27, 2002 - and his hoped-for next one: "George Foreman ?"

Holmes has been baiting the 56-year-old grill magnate for years. "Foreman keeps saying he wants to fight again," Holmes says. "I keep saying, 'George, fight me.' Deep down he's afraid of me."

Normally, I'm totally against old fogies fighting in the ring. But in Holmes vs. Foreman, I would make an exception. Nothing would please me more than to watch Foreman knock Holmes' dentures into the 5th row.
    I WOULD ALSO LUV TO SEE FOREMAN SEND HOLMES IN THE 5TH AND SIXTH ROW AS WELL!!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Holmes wants George Foreman. I hope he gets his wish (heh heh...)

Since George is not available, I think Holmes should get a rematch of his 1988 fight with Tyson. Why not? Try to avenge that nasty 4th-round KO loss. I would personally fly wherever to see that fight. (heh-heh-heh)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Why all the H@te for Holmes.
    Because he is a racist and a bigot. Because he was always a bitter man... ranting and raving about not getting enough recognition and dumping on other fighters, who were either too old to fight him, or DEAD (ie: Rocky Marciano). The mark of a "real" man (note the sarcasm).

Holmes just has a big ego, and is always talking about a comeback.
    He's 55 frigging years old, less than a decade away from Social Security. He definitely doesn't need the money, for if anything, he's been a shrewd businessman. So stay FRIGGING retired and go knit something!!

I would like to see it, somehow though I doubt even Larry would have been so eager to Fight the old Foreman of the 70s...
    Unfortunately, Holmes was still coming up when Foreman first retired in 1977. Nothing would have pleased me more than to have seen Holmes getting squashed like a cockroach by the 70's Foreman. Luckily (for me), Holmes DID make the mistake of getting in the ring with Mike Tyson in 1988 and got KTFO.
    Holmes was one of the greatest Heavy Weight Champs ever, quit raggin on him. He is NOT a racist and a bigot. WTF are you talkin about. He is actually a pretty good guy, he is just pi$$ed that he is so unde . And he is a funny B@stard too.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why all the H@te for Holmes.
    Because he is a racist and a bigot. Because he was always a bitter man... ranting and raving about not getting enough recognition and dumping on other fighters, who were either too old to fight him, or DEAD (ie: Rocky Marciano). The mark of a "real" man (note the sarcasm).

Holmes just has a big ego, and is always talking about a comeback.
    He's 55 frigging years old, less than a decade away from Social Security. He definitely doesn't need the money, for if anything, he's been a shrewd businessman. So stay FRIGGING retired and go knit something!!

I would like to see it, somehow though I doubt even Larry would have been so eager to Fight the old Foreman of the 70s...
    Unfortunately, Holmes was still coming up when Foreman first retired in 1977. Nothing would have pleased me more than to have seen Holmes getting squashed like a cockroach by the 70's Foreman. Luckily (for me), Holmes DID make the mistake of getting in the ring with Mike Tyson in 1988 and got KTFO.
    Holmes was one of the greatest Heavy Weight Champs ever, quit raggin on him. He is NOT a racist and a bigot. WTF are you talkin about. He is actually a pretty good guy, he is just pi$$ed that he is so unde   . And he is a funny B@stard too.Â
    He may have been a great heavyweight (I don't know that I'd go so far as saying "one of the greatest ever"), but he was is a racist, a bigot, and a bitter old man. Why else would he be talking about fighting at age 55? Damn, I wish Foreman would reconsider and shut that racist mouth once and for all.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are basing this Racist name calling BS on the Cooney fight hype then, reconsider. Because that is all it was, HYPE. Holmes is cool. He is similiar to Ali in both his boxing style and mouthiness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are basing this Racist name calling BS on the Cooney fight hype then, reconsider. Because that is all it was, HYPE. Holmes is cool. He is similiar to Ali in both his boxing style and mouthiness.
    I don't know about you, but I read plenty of quotes from Holmes to get me to the conclusion that he is a racist, bigoted, bitter man. I suppose you don't remember his stupid comments about how Rocky Marciano wasn't even fit to carry his jock... but I suppose that was hype too, huh. Also, Holmes would rant endlessly (and quoted in the major sports magazines) about how he never got his due because he was black. Give me a FOOKING BREAK!!! All he did was whine about this, whine about that. And don't compare Holmes' mouth to Ali's. Ali was about hype. Holmes was dead serious.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know about you, but I read plenty of quotes from Holmes to get me to the conclusion that he is a racist, bigoted, bitter man. I suppose you don't remember his stupid comments about how Rocky Marciano wasn't even fit to carry his jock... but I suppose that was hype too, huh. Also, Holmes would rant endlessly (and quoted in the major sports magazines) about how he never got his due because he was black. Give me a FOOKING BREAK!!! All he did was whine about this, whine about that. And don't compare Holmes' mouth to Ali's. Ali was about hype. Holmes was dead serious.
    No, he did not just whine, he fought too, quite well I might add. Also Ali's BS was cruel and hurtful. Joe Louis and Joe Fraizer never forgave him for the way he belittled them. On the contrary Cooney and Holmes are now friends despite all the smack talking from Holmes.

Thread Information