Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fans that make you hate a boxer

Well...an overzealous fan doesn't make me hate a boxer,but some boxer just tend to get these kinds of fans...the big three on this forum would probably be Pac-Hatton-Kessler and Haye is on the right way...But I think way more annoying are hater who specialize on one fighter(like Danny with Mayweather...)...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314 View Post
    Calzaghe / Hatton fans are disrespectful people. I laughed when Mayweather koed him. I will laugh even harder if Calzaghe can muster up the scrotum and take Pavlik on.
    You wern't in cardiff when 1,000 welsh people give roy jones and his team a hell of a standing applause then clearly.

El Kabong Guest

...I'm sure he'll be watching when they boo the National Anthem over there AGAIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314 View Post
    Calzaghe / Hatton fans are disrespectful people. I laughed when Mayweather koed him. I will laugh even harder if Calzaghe can muster up the scrotum and take Pavlik on.

he wont. joes daddy wont let that happen.

XaduBoxer Guest

Posted this already on another thread:

I dislike Juan Manuel Marquez (JMM) not because of his fans...

I hate his obsession of watching PAC standing over him while he's lying flat on the canvass... He already experienced it four (4) times in two (2) encounters and he's still asking for more? What a greedy prick...

Something is wrong with JMM's obsession with PAC... He keeps on chasing PAC and not moving on to his own way... He even went to PAC's home in the Philippines and disrespectfully begging for another fight... Get a life JMM, PAC is not the only boxer in the world...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I do stay away from most of the Pac threads, which is a shame, because I like Manny.

I just get annoyed as $hit when Pac gets constantly brought into a thread, that isn't even about him.

Keep the fighter, shoot the fans..

And people wonder why so many PAC fans get banned from other forums.

But seriously, I know it could be annoying sometimes, but really, if you don't like it, don't read it!!! This is a public forum so don't expect that you'd like everything you read.
    And narsman, annoying is having a splinter under the skin, that hard to get out with your teeth and you are right, this is a public forum, however this is also a tight community where respect is earned, not demanded or taken for granite. And when anywhere between 75 to 80 percent of threads contain some mention of PAC it becomes a little more than "annoying".

And people wonder why I don't post up here that often. Rather talk with plopeater than have to always read about PAC this and PAC said that.

Then again shit is shit.
    I almost agree with you except "taking for granite". That's some expensive shit...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

I hate his obsession of watching PAC standing over him while he's lying flat on the canvass... He already experienced it four (4) times in two (2) encounters and he's still asking for more? What a greedy prick...

Something is wrong with JMM's obsession with PAC... He keeps on chasing PAC and not moving on to his own way... He even went to PAC's home in the Philippines and disrespectfully begging for another fight... Get a life JMM, PAC is not the only boxer in the world...
    I don't know if you saw the two fights but they were about as evenly matched as you can get.

I'm hoping all those things cause them to meet in the ring again..

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

I don't know if you saw the two fights but they were about as evenly matched as you can get.

I'm hoping all those things cause them to meet in the ring again..

I saw the 2 fights and it's close... If a 3rd fight will happen, it will happen... No need for JMM to chase PAC like a crazy dog... He already showed the boxing world that he can fight the no. 1 P4P boxer that close... JMM already got 2 chances and he should give others their chance to fight PAC... Don't be a greedy prick JMM....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by narsman View Post
    I almost agree with you except "taking for granite". That's some expensive shit...
    You a spelling cop too?
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a spelling cop too?
    No, not really. Granite and Granted are totally different. Just like having a splinter under the skin, things like these ARE annoying.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Is there a boxer you like out there but fans take you to the point of ending up hating the boxer?

In my case, it's Cotto. I saw how he was worshipped here and whoever dared himself to mention his flaws or what he could improve got negative reps or nasty messages and so on. When he got in the ring with Margarito I thought "Finally!". I like Cotto but some fans really annoyed me to the point of just wanting to see Cotto loose. What a sweet fight it was vs Margarito. Even use that as my avatar and signature pic.

Same thing with Pac. Sure, he has beaten some Mexicans: Morales, Barrera, and Diaz (I don't count Marquez) and that has not made me hate him. A nice humble guy who is not a trash talker but after seeing Pac fans worship him the way they do, man! I just want to see him loose.

How about you?
    Do you mean the way you WORSHIP Oscar De La Concha?

Margarito has been calling his fake ass out on every site and every show Tony appears on, just last week, Tony made some very funny remarks about him wanting to fight Jorge Arce, in which he said it's all fair if Oscar Can fight PAC, then I should be able to fight Arce. Tony has called Oscar a punk and a coward What is your cross dressing hero afraid of? Now I know what is in Oscar's Olla, nothing but chicken soup
    An angry reply from Danny to be sure... but one that's close to my heart.

Danny, karma won't let me rep you, but here's a good, old-fashioned

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Really it's pretty pathetic to "hate" a fighter because of his fans.

Some of the fighters I like MOST have idiot fans.

It's only natural popular fighters will have SOME delusional, annoying, morons following them. But the majority of fans are reasonable concerning the guy they like most.
    You know, it's not really about hating THE BOXER but pretty much just wanting to see that fighter loose to see if that shuts hardcore fans.

I thought that would happen with Cotto fans. I would see endless threads about Cotto. Some threads were just about Cotto beeing seen wearing sunglasses in Las Vegas and people just gettin aroused and posting that he was the greatest thing, etc. When he lost I thought "Finally! Adios to Cotto threads" and nope, we had EVEN MORE threads talking about how he didn't really loose but how it all had to do with his nose, because it was not a full moon, because he didn't shave as well, etc. It became more annoying. But his hardcore fans just makes me want to see him loose.

I don't like Mayweather because of his trash talking, fans have nothing to do here. I admire his talent. But after seeing how people say that X boxer would completely dominate him, boxer Y would totally destroy him, etc. over and over and over and over again, and how he is so afraid of facing X or Y boxer then I just want to see him get another easy desicion and see if everybody shuts up.

Do you mean the way you WORSHIP Oscar De La Concha?
    Nope DannyG. I don't come up with threads that talk about his back, a thread with pics of him just walking in Las Vegas, about how muscular and sexy he looks, etc. At least I'll talk about how ODLH can loose against X or Y, his flaws at the moment, etc. Something I am yet to hear from you and your adored Cotto. You were one of the many hardcore fans out there who looked for all kinds of excuses out there when he lost. Remember we went back and forth about that loss already?

Margarito has been calling his fake ass out on every site and every show Tony appears on
    Sure, and can agree with pretty much everybody why ODLH doesn't want to face him. ODLH simply doesn't have the same qualities he had a few years ago. I am not looking for excuses like you when Cotto lost. At least ODLH didn't loose when he fought a champion in his prime for the first time. Cotto's face after the fight explains what happens to anybody who didn't see the fight.

I wonder why you stopped using Cotto's signatures and avatars. I can let you use my avatar and signature if you want .
    Last edited by Chino; 10-15-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See, that's what differentiates some of us boxing fans from others. I don't NEED to think about DLH's fans to dislike him. I've done that for years with or without the fans.

And for the record... I'm one of those Cotto fans who writes a lot about him. But do not include me among the fans that make excuses for his loss to Margarito. I've always come clean, and as objective as I can.

One thing about Cotto, though. Love him or hate him, he's a warrior and will get in the ring with ANYBODY. He doesn't need a goddam computer spitting out opponents that present little danger of putting a scratch on his pretty face, unlike some OTHER boxers out there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ...I'm sure he'll be watching when they boo the National Anthem over there AGAIN.
    90% of people in the T&M centre were welsh at the calzaghe/hopkins fight. nobody booed your Anthem.

don't confuse what the english did to what the welsh did.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a spelling cop too?
    No, not really. Granite and Granted are totally different. Just like having a splinter under the skin, things like these ARE annoying.

Well I guess that depends on where you from, now don't it. I mean it's like honor, in the states that is the correct spelling, but in other countries, they place a "u" in there, go figure. But then again maybe you just misunderstood the meaning of "granite" and how it pretains to you.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Thread Information