Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sergio martinez and Ali Funeka both got robbed last night!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default sergio martinez and Ali Funeka both got robbed last night!!!

1st of all cintron failed to make the 10 count for a clean punch and it should of been given a TKO at the end of the 5th yet the lame excuse of saved by the bell (clearly stated before the fight you cannot be saved by the bell in any round) robbed him of an easy nights work.

Then a ridiculous point gets taken off in the 12th round for something so pety it was an utter joke. And then to top it all off what should of been a resounding points win for martinez (116-110 at the very least) gets scored a draw by majority decision and the man who did everything possible to win the fight including knocking his man down for a 10 count has to come out with only a draw!!!

Off to the next fight and Ali Funeka warts and all clearly won at least 9 of the 12th rounds and should of got the decision over nate (i had it 114-112 for funeka). Ok so this isnt exactly a robbery compared to the martinez screwjob but despite having a complete glass chin the guy clearly out worked campbell for at least 2/3rds of the fight and should of got at the very least a draw from it!!

PS:Angulo looked awesome, cannot wait for him to take over at 154 and fight williams!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sergio martinez and Ali Funeka both got robbed last night!!!

Funeka definately doesnt have a glass chin. He showed he can recover from a punch pretty well even after being knocked down. Nate was the bigger, stronger man. I give Funeka credit for even going through with the fight, let alone nearly winning it. I had it a draw by the way.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez definately got the shaft..Cintron looked very lethargic...Had the Nate/Funeka fight a draw. After the knockdown Nate never changed anything up
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Case #1
    Martinez got triple robbed last night

1) It looked to me that the ref waved off the fight in the 7th
    Robbery 1......Martinez TKO victory

2) 12th round Cintron was turning his head down which caused the placement of Martinez's shots
    Robbery 2......Point deduction

3) Ultimately this was caused by item number two here. 2 judges had it 6 rounds a piece (no idea how they had that, in my estimation this was a very easy fight to score 8 rounds clearly went to Martinez, 2 rounds to Cintron, the first 2 rounds were debateable and could have gone either way because neither guy did anything.)
    Robbery 3......Scoring was horrendous.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Case #2 Funeka, I disagree that this was a robbery, There are legitimate arguments depending on how you are scoring a fight to give it to either man or even a draw, just because it was a little different than yours doesn't mean it's a robbery.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't finish watching the Martinez fight, it was boring so I ffwded through it. But caught the knockdown cause I thought the fight was over then saw them fighting again? Seemed like b.s.

However, watched all of Nate and Ali. Although I agree it was a close fight it's nearly impossible for me to award a fight to someone who was almost out twice in the fight. Funeka outworked Campbell but clearly received more damage. Nate punched himself out, and wasn't busy enough in the middle rounds but he landed cleaner harder shots. If you take away the knockdowns you could call this one a robbery, but Funeka was nearly out for 5 minutes of that fight.

Hats off to Funeka for being a warrior, but there was no robbery, he got beat up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way was the Funeka-Campbell fight a robbery, it was one of those close fights that could just about have gone either way & most people had it either a draw or 114-112 for Nate.

The Martinez-Cintron fight was stupid though, I gave Cintron at most 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Case #1
    Martinez got triple robbed last night

1) It looked to me that the ref waved off the fight in the 7th
    Robbery 1......Martinez TKO victory

2) 12th round Cintron was turning his head down which caused the placement of Martinez's shots
    Robbery 2......Point deduction

3) Ultimately this was caused by item number two here. 2 judges had it 6 rounds a piece (no idea how they had that, in my estimation this was a very easy fight to score 8 rounds clearly went to Martinez, 2 rounds to Cintron, the first 2 rounds were debateable and could have gone either way because neither guy did anything.)
    Robbery 3......Scoring was horrendous.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Case #2 Funeka, I disagree that this was a robbery, There are legitimate arguments depending on how you are scoring a fight to give it to either man or even a draw, just because it was a little different than yours doesn't mean it's a robbery.
    I'm OK with Nate getting the decision, and as he said Funeka's day will come.

Robbery point # 4) Cintron got 2:30 to recover his whits after the KD.

I hope Cintron fights someone with a vicious upper cut next. Someone could probably just hold their fist down low for him to slam his face into!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    1st of all cintron failed to make the 10 count for a clean punch and it should of been given a TKO at the end of the 5th yet the lame excuse of saved by the bell (clearly stated before the fight you cannot be saved by the bell in any round) robbed him of an easy nights work.

Then a ridiculous point gets taken off in the 12th round for something so pety it was an utter joke. And then to top it all off what should of been a resounding points win for martinez (116-110 at the very least) gets scored a draw by majority decision and the man who did everything possible to win the fight including knocking his man down for a 10 count has to come out with only a draw!!!

Off to the next fight and Ali Funeka warts and all clearly won at least 9 of the 12th rounds and should of got the decision over nate (i had it 114-112 for funeka). Ok so this isnt exactly a robbery compared to the martinez screwjob but despite having a complete glass chin the guy clearly out worked campbell for at least 2/3rds of the fight and should of got at the very least a draw from it!!

PS:Angulo looked awesome, cannot wait for him to take over at 154 and fight williams!!
    it wasn't considered save by the bell.. The ref eventually said that he made the 10 count and was not counted out, regardless of the bell.

If you look at Nate's reaction when they announced him the winner he seemed pretty surprised lol.. I had Funeka winning, but that was a fight i could see going either way w/ the knockdowns.. Cintron got really lucky, and after about the 2nd round it seemed Martinez was dictating the fight and was on point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Nate decision could be argueable but Sergio Martinez got robbed big time.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    I agree but this is why i am no longer a big boxing fan. Its too bad too, but if this keeps up i am done watching.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshit, Funeka did not get robbed, you all just score whatever the hbo guys say...in the stretch of Funeka rounds that Letterman gave him Nate won I think the 6th or 7th, and that would have gave him the fight on lettermans card. You cant call close fights like that robberies, make you look like a crybaby.
    Last edited by No Contest; 02-15-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shawno0o8 View Post
    I agree but this is why i am no longer a big boxing fan. Its too bad too, but if this keeps up i am done watching.
    You dont think alot of those rounds were close? After rewatching the fight, it was closer than alot are making it out. People just love to whine about judges it's become the thing to do.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    You dont think alot of those rounds were close? After rewatching the fight, it was closer than alot are making it out. People just love to whine about judges it's become the thing to do.
    i agree, i thought the Campbell/Funeka fight was a draw but it could easily go for either guy, but on that note the 2 kd's do come to play

Cintron/Martinez fight was utter bullshit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Are you talking about the Campbell fight or the Martinez one? Because Martinez got absolutely robbed; the Campbell fight could've gone either way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez was robbed big time!

I thought Campbell just edged Funeka!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information