Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sam Peter-Eddie Chambers is set for March 27, ESPN

so this is what the main board looks like

ok its on boxingscene, the fight's set, March 27 and ESPN will be televising, this is good news IMO even if Teddy Atlas will be calling the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sam Peter-Eddie Chambers is set for March 27, ESPN

Sam Peter is going to eat Eddie Chambers' lunch. Chambers has never been in the ring with someone who hits as hard as Peter. Before anyone says anything about Eddie's fast hands, take into account his very slow feet and Peter's complete willingness to eat a punch or two to throw a bomb at you. My prediction- Peter by KO in 9. My ridiculous prediction- Eddie gets hit so hard his father shats uncontrollably.
    Oops

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I like Chambers but I dont like his chances in this. Peter has two sledgehammers and you need either quick feet or big power to keep him honest (both perferably), neither of which Chambers has IMO. I can see him winning a few rounds and being compeditive, but IMO Peter will catch him sooner or later and it'll be lights out.

El Kabong Guest

Well as good as Eddie's defense is he's going to have to retaliate with counter punches to beat Sam Peter.

I think all in all this will be a boring fight that goes to the cards as Sam Peter hasn't shown much recently and Eddie Chambers just doesn't work hard enough in the ring to get a W.

Keys for victory
    SAM PETER: Use the jab, open up the defense and be prepared to counter the counter.

EDDIE CHAMBERS: Smother Sam Peter's punches, counter effectively, and when Sam Peter isn't punching you have to work to win the rounds.

After this fight I see Eddie Chambers perhaps fighting some older vets looking to get back in the thick of things and I see Sam doing the same to get himself back in the title hunt. Andrew Golota, Hasim Rahman, and John Ruiz look good for either guy
    Last edited by El Kabong; 02-17-2009 at 08:46 PM.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Sam Peter-Eddie Chambers is set for March 27, ESPN

I think they should have put him in there with a better style of opponent and see how he handled the Vitali loss mentally. This fight could be all wrong for Peter because Chambers has beat halfway decent opposition and can be a little tricky. I think Chamber will win by decision.

El Kabong Guest

You've got some good points and I think Chambers will give a good account of himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    I think they should have put him in there with a better style of opponent and see how he handled the Vitali loss mentally. This fight could be all wrong for Peter because Chambers has beat halfway decent opposition and can be a little tricky. I think Chamber will win by decision.

same here for me

As long as he doesnt try and engage peter in a fight he should be able to box his way to a decision.

Mind you a big overhand samuel right and that could all go to pot very quickly!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me it's Peter. Chambers is very slick but I don't think he packs enough pop to keep Peter off of him. Peter will constantly come forward and Eddie will get tired and be knocked out if Peter is in decent shape. Then again if Peter comes in sloppy Chambers could box circles around the plodding Peter. But I will give Peter credit and say he will be in good shape and knock Eddie out.

Thread Information