Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't believe i'm starting a Pacquiao based thread but..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default can't believe i'm starting a Pacquiao based thread but..

...Freddie Roach is gettin a bit of a big head, and it's gettin quite disrespectful already

"I told Manny I would be very disappointed in him if his fight with Hatton lasted longer than three rounds." -- Trainer Freddie Roach, on his expectations when pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao challenges Ricky Hatton for the junior welterweight world championship May 2 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas

found that on espn.com

i like Manny and all but now i really hope Hatton shuts Freddie's and all of the Pacquiao nutthuggers mouths come May 2nd, first time ever i'm gonna be backing up Hatton

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: can't believe i'm starting a Pacquiao based thread but..

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    ...Freddie Roach is gettin a bit of a big head, and it's gettin quite disrespectful already

"I told Manny I would be very disappointed in him if his fight with Hatton lasted longer than three rounds." -- Trainer Freddie Roach, on his expectations when pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao challenges Ricky Hatton for the junior welterweight world championship May 2 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas

found that on espn.com

i like Manny and all but now i really hope Hatton shuts Freddie's and all of the Pacquiao nutthuggers mouths come May 2nd, first time ever i'm gonna be backing up Hatton
    LMAO! Freddie esta muy loco. Last month he said in 7 now in 3? Come fight night, the knock out will come in the first 30 seconds of the first round I hope so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

found that on espn.com

LMAO! Freddie esta muy loco. Last month he said in 7 now in 3? Come fight night, the knock out will come in the first 30 seconds of the first round I hope so.
    i know this is gonna be fucked up, but i think Freddie is smokin a bit of the green to calm the shakes lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is taking things retardedly far, even worse he shouldn't be trying to pressure his fighter into finishing the fight before its meant to be finished. A fighter would do well to follow the natural course of things, or else they will get disheartened ala Mike Tyson. Though for Manny it might only spur him on which might be what Roach is hoping for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    That is taking things retardedly far, even worse he shouldn't be trying to pressure his fighter into finishing the fight before its meant to be finished. A fighter would do well to follow the natural course of things, or else they will get disheartened ala Mike Tyson. Though for Manny it might only spur him on which might be what Roach is hoping for.
    Yea overconfidence does exist in boxing and Roach might get a nice suprise come early May but im pretty sure its all Roach...Manny knows what he's doing and probably wont take it in greatly either way

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of the game, theyre playing with Rickys mind, instilling doubts. Making him think they'll come out hot and ready to finish. Bullshit they'll be ready for anything.

Bet you he hasn't said that to Manny in any of his private conversations.
    He's be more like ; "Right if he comes square you throw down the pipe move and send a cross back to where you just come from".
    Um let me think..
    His elbows come up you feint high, side step and attack his ribs.
    Ummm ,oh yeah"
    "IF he puts his head down and goes for any dirty tactics remove the target you go side on, show him one shoulder and lead uppercut. etc etc etc all the way home .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesnt trust what will happen if it goes to a decsion,plain and simple,he thinks Hatton will get it if its close.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Part of the game, theyre playing with Rickys mind, instilling doubts. Making him think they'll come out hot and ready to finish. Bullshit they'll be ready for anything.

Bet you he hasn't said that to Manny in any of his private conversations.
    He's be more like ; "Right if he comes square you throw down the pipe move and send a cross back to where you just come from".
    Um let me think..
    His elbows come up you feint high, side step and attack his ribs.
    Ummm ,oh yeah"
    "IF he puts his head down and goes for any dirty tactics remove the target you go side on, show him one shoulder and lead uppercut. etc etc etc all the way home .
    Yea, I agree with it all being a part of the game, but did you notice when Ricky was ringside commentary for the Dream Match? More than half the time he was dumbfounded... right? but then again so was most everyone else....Oh ya, don't forget that the controversy creates interest and Roach also has a big monetary interest too....

I was just thinking playing head games with Ricky might have some affect especially if you look what happened to De La Hoya! So...it might not be a bad thing to play it up....anything that can get Ricky off his game is worth a shot don't cha think

XaduBoxer Guest

Not only that... Roach wants Cortez to ref the PAC-Hatton fight...

Hatton hates Cortez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie Roach should train and keep his mouth shut ! All he does is heap the pressure on the fighter, I'm sick of Trainers bigging their man up whilst being disrespectful to their opponents especially a fighter of Hatton's calibre !
    Sick of Pavlik's trainer Jack whatshistits, everytime he opens his mouth he goes way overboard
    Half these trainers think they make the fighter the fighter they are and thats's bullshit.
    1st Emmanuel Steward then it was Buddy Mcgirt and Billy Graham and now it's Freddie Roach
    Just sick of this classless backbiting all this shit about legendary trainers who are there at the end yet do nothing to mould the fighter coming through .
    Angelo Dundee another one with a high profile for doing what ? Fuck all a well connected big mouth just like all the rest ,

Victory had a 1000 fathers but defeat is an orphan .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correct me if I'm wrong but the aforementioned big mouth trainers may have trained one or two World Champions between them .......or did they just talk about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the aforementioned big mouth trainers may have trained one or two World Champions between them .......or did they just talk about it.

So what ? These trainers are vocal when they're on top and doing well but dont get quite so vocal when things go wrong .
    I'm in danger of spilling a few home truths but I will say most of these trainers deemed ' legendary ' are more unscrupulous than the big bad promoters .
    They are media savvy in the main but it's all about the $.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie is playing mind games.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Freddie is playing mind games.

I totally agree... and Hatton is falling into Freddie's trap...

When Freddie said PAC will stop Hatton in 3 rounds, Hatton retaliated that PAC will be gone in 30 seconds...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Not only that... Roach wants Cortez to ref the PAC-Hatton fight...

Hatton hates Cortez...
    So do many, he is not on the ball anymore. Once a decent ref but he has declined in rapid fashion in his ability to ref a fight correctly.

Thread Information