Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao's Accomplishments aren't really that Great

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Don't get me wrong he's a good fighter, but his accomplishments if you were to look at it objectively, which I know is a hard thing for many Pacman fans especially the Orientals, Pacific Islanders, and Fillipinos to do.

Let's look at his "accomplishments"
    Hatton- Was never an elite fighter, and past his boxing prime
    DeLaHoya-Weight drain and shot
    Marquez- Most boxing experts and fans say he lost both fights despite the 4 knockdowns
    Morales- Past his boxing prime because of all the wars Erik has been in. He wasn't past his physical prime, but his boxing prime for sure.
    Barrera- A shot fighter and past his boxing prime even though he was only 29, been in too many wars.

So for the Fillipino fans and Pacman fans especially the Orientals, please be objective and analyze this. Pacman accomplishments aren't that great. Overrated yes especially in the days of ESPN and Nike.

And no I'm not Mexican or an Pacman "hater".
    Every accomplishment in life is relative. You have to compare one experience to another similar experience in order to make a measurement.

Now look at the 'list of boxers' you composed to make an argument that Pacquiao's achievements are not really that great.

Every boxer in that list is not just a champion, but rather a hall of fame champion. You take exception to Hatton, "Elite" is the term you use to exemplify, Pacquiao defeated a great fighter. (that's an oxymoron)

If you look at the life of Manny Pacquiao and where he came from and I mean truly look at it, you might get the sense that his accomplishments are nothing short of truly incredible!

If you want to make an objective statement about Pacquiao's accomplishments, then stick to simple boxing facts. Otherwise your obvious bias shows up in thread title, and your prejudges shines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAB was not a shot fighter! EM on the first and 6 rds of the second fight wasnt shot too.

after mab pac 1 who do you think pac shoudve fought? just for you to be satisfied of pacs accomplishments.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will I use my MOD power against this hater? LOL.

don't mind him folks. He's the reincarnated addicted to boxing. LOL

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

Sure go ahead and use it. What I said isn't ridiculous compared to Pacman Fans saying that he is a better fighter and more accomplished than Sugar Ray Robinson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure go ahead and use it. What I said isn't ridiculous compared to Pacman Fans saying that he is a better fighter and more accomplished than Sugar Ray Robinson.

Can you post a link of a pacfan from this forum that said that, if you can not i suggest you go back to where ever you read a post like that and stay there because this forum isn't like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong he's a good fighter, but his accomplishments if you were to look at it objectively, which I know is a hard thing for many Pacman fans especially the Orientals, Pacific Islanders, and Fillipinos to do.

Let's look at his "accomplishments"
    Marquez- Most boxing experts and fans say he lost both fights despite the 4 knockdowns
    Morales- Past his boxing prime because of all the wars Erik has been in. He wasn't past his physical prime, but his boxing prime for sure.
    Barrera- A shot fighter and past his boxing prime even though he was only 29, been in too many wars.

So for the Fillipino fans and Pacman fans especially the Orientals, please be objective and analyze this. Pacman accomplishments aren't that great. Overrated yes especially in the days of ESPN and Nike.

And no I'm not Mexican or an Pacman "hater".
    I am by no means a fan of Manny but I appreciate the quality he has as a fighter and I think the nature of the Hatton and Oscar wins certainly have to count for something alone..You cannot dismiss those wins quite so easily,he has the potential to go on and become ATG if he is'nt there already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Can you post a link of a pacfan from this forum that said that, if you can not i suggest you go back to where ever you read a post like that and stay there because this forum isn't like that.
    yeah can you post a link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thread title itself made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will do. Actually this poster said Manny's accomplishments are beginning to be on par with Sugar Ray Robinson and in my opinion no one touches him in terms of accomplishments. But I've heard this all over the internet that Pacman is a better fighter than Sugar Ray Robinson and more accomplished.

3rd post in that thread by Taeth. http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...er-resume.html

The Pacman fans were belittling Whittaker's accomplishment which is by far greater accomplishments than Pacman's then it switched to comparing his to Leonard and Robinson.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what he said:

If anything IMO Whitaker's resume like Roy JOnes Jr's never matched up to their talent. Guys like Leonard, Ali, and Robinson it certainly did, and PAcquiao's is begining to

And you say "But I've heard this all over the internet that Pacman is a better fighter than Sugar Ray Robinson and more accomplished."

Doubtful. And nobody has said it on here which is what you said.

These are really bad posts, horrible really.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will do. Actually this poster said Manny's accomplishments are beginning to be on par with Sugar Ray Robinson and in my opinion no one touches him in terms of accomplishments. But I've heard this all over the internet that Pacman is a better fighter than Sugar Ray Robinson and more accomplished.

3rd post in that thread by Taeth. http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...er-resume.html

The Pacman fans were belittling Whittaker's accomplishment which is by far greater accomplishments than Pacman's then it switched to comparing his to Leonard and Robinson.

try again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bulldog, your Pac-hate is starting to blind your judgement.

IMO, Taeth is the most professional of all the people who defend Pac. He actually provides good facts and analyses situations very well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    This is what he said:

If anything IMO Whitaker's resume like Roy JOnes Jr's never matched up to their talent. Guys like Leonard, Ali, and Robinson it certainly did, and PAcquiao's is begining to

And you say "But I've heard this all over the internet that Pacman is a better fighter than Sugar Ray Robinson and more accomplished."

Doubtful. And nobody has said it on here which is what you said.

These are really bad posts, horrible really.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-robinson.html

Actually a lot of Pacman fans on this board said that Pacman was better than Sugar Ray Robinson. That's the proof right there and was started by a mod too.

So dont' call me a liar now. You Pacman fans brought it upon yourself for comparing the 2 and even suggesting Sugar Ray was the inferior fighter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Pacquiao's Accomplishments aren't really that Great

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10 View Post

pac was the underdog, even i predicted that odlh will win. but pac got the balls to fight oskie and thats good enough.

comparing the manner of how pac disposed of hatton compared to pbf wheter hatton is a class b fighter is impressive!

most boxing experts agreed that the 4 kd was not scored properly by the judge. but imho jmm has a win over pac, and to me only jmm has the ability to beat pac.

BS!!! ask missy!

morales though in the decline proved that he is still a worthy opponent. and only pac KO'd morales granite chin.

you also have to consider the weight divisions pac went through. he is actually too small to be at his present weight division but he still manages. heck a 5'6" this midget is being pitted to mosley, cotto and the likes?!
    I could tell you something about both fights but then I'd have to kill you and it has nothing to do with being shot ..........actually that doesn't sound too bad a deal when I come to think about it.

BTW. The above is true.

FACT

As for the debate. I think Pac has been very lucky and is well managed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could tell you something about Barrera-Pac too but i'd have to kill you. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information