Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like To Eat My Crow Breaded With Provolone and Marinara On A Bed Of Linguini

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking I Like To Eat My Crow Breaded With Provolone and Marinara On A Bed Of Linguini

Congrats Pac

I mean what can you say about a guy who has moved up in weight the last year and a half and has not slowed down a bit in terms of speed quickness and power I admittedly wasnt sold on Pac for 2 reasons

1)DLH was a gaunt Zombie, Hatton was shot to bits.. I did pick those 2 to defeat Pac just on sheer size and power, I was wrong albeit I would bet the farm and say a prime DLH at 147 beats Pac.

2) The majority of Pac fans can be tiring to the point that I wanna see Pac lose so they just go away..

But Pac has showed to me that he is the man, no excuses with Cotto. Miguel looked fast, sharp and landed some good leather to Pac's body and head but Pac looked sturdy the whole fight... Cotto just couldnt find Pac enough to inflict the cumulative damage he usually does to his opponents before they succumb where on the contrary Cotto was there all night for Manny to find and grind down and he did, Cotto's face looked as grotesque as it did after the margarito fight..

I think the fight lived up to expectation and Pac should get 1000000000000000% credit for this victory he showed real poise when getting hit my a legitimate hard hitting welter and still stormed in un-phased. I know its been said before that Cotto has a great Jab and when he used it he was snapping Manny's head back everytime, but when he tried to exchange with Pac he got duffed up probably because he thought being the bigger man he could give and take better than the smaller Pac which clearly wasnt the case..

Cotto fans have nothing to be ashamed of he was in fight ready shape and tried like Hell to impose on Pac but couldnt.. I just hope he has something left in the tank after 3 brutal wars in a row

I agree with Steward last night when he said Pac belongs in the convo with Ali and Robinson. So enjoy this win Pac fans because as great as Pac is Mayweather is a whole other animal and his skill set negates Pac's and this fight will be great and push each other to their limits.. Floyds comparable stamina, speed, quickness, foot work to go along with his great defense, intellect and surgical precision against Manny's relentless offense, angles and determination.. Floyd is going to have to open up stand his ground and get out of his shell more if he wants to deter Pac. Great fight cant wait hopefully its no longer than 6 months away.

Pac has proved himself to be a real Welterweight now, so no more catchweight BS 147 is 147. if he can capture and defend the lineal title at 147 then he is as close to SRR there ever was maybe even better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Like To Eat My Crow Breaded With Provolone and Marinara On A Bed Of Linguini

Wow, this place was so packed last night I couldnt even get on the website. Not gonna over gloat but my prediction was almost spot on. I called a 10th round KO for Pac. I get more impressed with Manny every fight, its just amazing! Its one thing if someone thinks Mayweather could beat Pacquiao, but if I hear one person say "Mayweather would dominate Pacquiao" or "his shoulder role would nuetralize Manny" I swear im gonna go insane! For the past 2 years manny has been overcoming everything in front of him so lets not say a shoulder role takes care of the pound for pound king! Mayweather will have to bring much more to the table than that! I dont think Pacquiao gets credit lots of times for his body shots which will change Mayweathers posture all together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Like To Eat My Crow Breaded With Provolone and Marinara On A Bed Of Linguini

Not to take anything away from manny, but I think it is clear that Cotto has not been the same since cheating Margarito. Even Roach said this before the fight. I'm not saying he would have necessarily won, but I think the Cotto of old would have put up a better fight. He's not shot, don't get me wrong, but he just doesn't have the same confidence. He looked good at first but after Pac started landing, he clearly got discouraged and started covering up and running too much. The old Cotto wouldn't have done this.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have to agree, pac displayed some unpredictable reflexes.. his camp, despite the drama, did get their assignment done in the end. i've seen pac all smiles, like a guy who aint got a fight due.. but when he stepped out of the ring, his eyes were fierced as if coto owned him a debt.. it was quite frightening..

as for mayweather vs. pac.. i dunno.. it's still early to call off who wins who.. just as buboy fernandez have said, in every fights they have, they have different gameplan.. i just hope they study it well if the fights gonna pursue..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all about purse negotiation now between Arum and Floyd's camp. 50/50 split seems fair to me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll eat crow too. I thought Cotto would be too big for Pacquiao, but Pacquiao was remarkable last night. Straight up. Congrats Pac fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I'll eat crow too. I thought Cotto would be too big for Pacquiao, but Pacquiao was remarkable last night. Straight up. Congrats Pac fan.
    It's really hard to celebrate knowing that Z Gorres (one of my fav fighters and a friend) is still in coma and fightin for his life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    It's really hard to celebrate knowing that Z Gorres (one of my fav fighters and a friend) is still in coma and fightin for his life.
    It seems his condition is improving. I wish him all the best.

GORRES UPDATE -- There was good news Saturday on the condition of bantamweight Z Gorres, who collapsed in the ring Friday following his win at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay.
    According to Top Rank and Nevada Athletic Commission officials, Gorres, 27, was in stable condition and responding to stimuli at University Medical Center following treatment for a subdural hematoma.
    Gorres had just won a 10-round unanimous decision over Luis Melendez when he collapsed in his corner. He had to be carried out on a stretcher and was taken directly to UMC for treatment. He was operated on late Friday by Las Vegas neurosurgeon Dr. Michael Seiff.
    Details of the operation were not known. Gorres is expected to be hospitalized for the next few days.
    Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Congrats Pac

I mean what can you say about a guy who has moved up in weight the last year and a half and has not slowed down a bit in terms of speed quickness and power I admittedly wasnt sold on Pac for 2 reasons

1)DLH was a gaunt Zombie, Hatton was shot to bits.. I did pick those 2 to defeat Pac just on sheer size and power, I was wrong albeit I would bet the farm and say a prime DLH at 147 beats Pac.

2) The majority of Pac fans can be tiring to the point that I wanna see Pac lose so they just go away..

But Pac has showed to me that he is the man, no excuses with Cotto. Miguel looked fast, sharp and landed some good leather to Pac's body and head but Pac looked sturdy the whole fight... Cotto just couldnt find Pac enough to inflict the cumulative damage he usually does to his opponents before they succumb where on the contrary Cotto was there all night for Manny to find and grind down and he did, Cotto's face looked as grotesque as it did after the margarito fight..

I think the fight lived up to expectation and Pac should get 1000000000000000% credit for this victory he showed real poise when getting hit my a legitimate hard hitting welter and still stormed in un-phased. I know its been said before that Cotto has a great Jab and when he used it he was snapping Manny's head back everytime, but when he tried to exchange with Pac he got duffed up probably because he thought being the bigger man he could give and take better than the smaller Pac which clearly wasnt the case..

Cotto fans have nothing to be ashamed of he was in fight ready shape and tried like Hell to impose on Pac but couldnt.. I just hope he has something left in the tank after 3 brutal wars in a row

I agree with Steward last night when he said Pac belongs in the convo with Ali and Robinson. So enjoy this win Pac fans because as great as Pac is Mayweather is a whole other animal and his skill set negates Pac's and this fight will be great and push each other to their limits.. Floyds comparable stamina, speed, quickness, foot work to go along with his great defense, intellect and surgical precision against Manny's relentless offense, angles and determination.. Floyd is going to have to open up stand his ground and get out of his shell more if he wants to deter Pac. Great fight cant wait hopefully its no longer than 6 months away.

Pac has proved himself to be a real Welterweight now, so no more catchweight BS 147 is 147. if he can capture and defend the lineal title at 147 then he is as close to SRR there ever was maybe even better
    If he beats PBF, i think it would be very hard to argue against him being top 2 or 3 of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm right there with you JT I'll eat my crow as well. I thought for sure Cotto was going to be to big for Pac and win this one. Pac impresses every fight more and more really hope the PBF/Pac fight gets made.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff JT.

Well.....I got the bloody and face of raw hamburger part right,but the late turn around TKO for Cotto never happened.Pacquiao is worthy and deserved of the highest praise...and respect as one of the best fighters of our generation.I have always been a non fan of division jumping and belt collecting but he does not do it for the trinkets and to be a braggard.....he thrives on the out right competition and the passion for battle & sport....facing some of the very best and giving the fans all they could ask for and then some.He is a compliment to the sport and I as a boxing fan for two + decades am better for witnessing him in action.

Cotto.....Cotto.This man is one of the bravest fighters I have seen.Ever.I honestly felt for him in that corner,not of pity or sorrow....but 100% admiration & respect.To go forward into the frey,when all you efforts have been refuted and bested,to climb off the stool as your family watches on knowing the inevitable,he never stopped believing in himself and he never made excuses...I am certain is everybit the man of courage in everyday life that he is in the ring and many could take notes.Hats off to both of them in a huge way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crow Parmigiana is an excellent dish. Anybody got any wine suggestions? A vintage Filipino Cabernet, perhaps? I agree JT. There are know excuses to pursue. We fight fans were treated to a phenomenal prizefight that was more exciting in 12 rounds than Floyd's entire career! (A little sarcasm there) I paid $65 to see this and only watched the main event. I am one satisfied boxing fan.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: I Like To Eat My Crow Breaded With Provolone and Marinara On A Bed Of Linguini

Congratulations Pacman...I thought Cotto would have been too big for Pac and we would be talking about Floyd vs Cotto next year but I was wrong. Pacman is on 1 helluva roll and I have not seen a fighter take on this type of competition back to back and keep on winning in a long time. Pac vs PBF has to happen because this is the only fight that seems destined to happen between the defensive wizard in Floyd and the offensive machine that is Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Server me some Crow pie as well. The biggest shock was well Pac took Cotto's shots. I was sure that once he felt Cotto's power, Pac would NOT trade. I was dead wrong.

Congrats to Pac for an outstanding performance!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly the best title on a thread...

Congrats to Manny his is transending the sport AND he's doing it gracefully. With honor and pride not gimmicks no shitty attitude and without a loud mouth.

Gotta love him.

PBF vs. Pac must happen.

Thread Information