Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Clottey v. Pacquiao

Call me a sadist, but I wouldn't mind seeing this match. I think Pac wouldn't be able to take him out and he'd have to work all 12 rounds as Josh would always be following him around. Maybe Pac might even get rocked a time or two. Clottey seems problematic for everyone he faces, but I doubt he'd have enough to win. Did I just talk myself out of my own match-up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clottey v. Pacquiao

clottey just doesn't have the workrate or flashiness to beat the elite fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey would be a very tough fight for Pacquiao.

I would actually pick Clottey to win. Clottey has a tight guard, can take a good punch when he has to and his offensive game is underated. Clottey has a solid jab, sneaky right hand and is good at putting punches together plus he is way natural bigger than Pacquiao.

Clottey's workrate could be his downfall because Pacquiao is an offensive manchine who can punch constantly for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Clottey would be a very tough fight for Pacquiao.

I would actually pick Clottey to win. Clottey has a tight guard, can take a good punch when he has to and his offensive game is underated. Clottey has a solid jab, sneaky right hand and is good at putting punches together plus he is way natural bigger than Pacquiao.

Clottey's workrate could be his downfall because Pacquiao is an offensive manchine who can punch constantly for 12 rounds.

i agree good uppercuts as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it isn't enough even though clottey could probably beat cotto, mosley, berto, pacquiao from a technical standpoint, and even though most of their punches wouldn't land as cleanly as his, its the fact his offense isn't eye catching, he does many things very well, but he doesn't step up his game when the going gets tough. Manny would break his will to win, and would outwork Clottey down the stretch.

I actually think Clottey has pretty oustanding handspeed, excellent combinations, and a granite chin behind that excellent defense, but I don't think he has the will to win tough fights, and thats what seperates him from the elite fighters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

workrate alone wins pacquiao this one, clottey is too happy to sit in his guard and soak up punches, he doesnt push the pace of fights enough, 100 punches or so more in his career and i believe he could very well be 37-1 rather than 35 - 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    it isn't enough even though clottey could probably beat cotto, mosley, berto, pacquiao from a technical standpoint, and even though most of their punches wouldn't land as cleanly as his, its the fact his offense isn't eye catching, he does many things very well, but he doesn't step up his game when the going gets tough. Manny would break his will to win, and would outwork Clottey down the stretch.

I actually think Clottey has pretty oustanding handspeed, excellent combinations, and a granite chin behind that excellent defense, but I don't think he has the will to win tough fights, and thats what seperates him from the elite fighters.
    Clottey's handspeed is seriously underated.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes we all know that Pacquiao has beaten up bigger guys the past year, but this is 1 fight I don't see Pacquiao winning. Clottey comes in at 170+ pounds on fight night. That's a freaking light heavyweight fighting at welterweight.

Might as well ask how would Pacquiao do against Paul Williams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey is probably a bit too big and a bit to tough for Pac but you never know, Pac has a better workrate than Cotto and I think Cotto only just beat Clottey(with a nasty cut granted)so in theory you would think Pac could do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Clottey has all the tools to win comfortably but for some reason he just doesn't step it up in big fights that he could very well win. I know against Margarito he supposedly broke his hand. He was winning that fight and had control. Then he let up. But against Cotto he could have possibly stopped Cotto had he brought up the pace. For some reason Clottey just didn't want to fight hard. Clottey looked like the better fighter but just wasn't pulling the trigger. Cotto plainly won by outgutting Clottey in that fight. I have no more confidence in Clottey in big fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all saw him got knocked down from Cotto's jab. Pac would slice and dice him. Another 1-sided bloodbath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    We all saw him got knocked down from Cotto's jab. Pac would slice and dice him. Another 1-sided bloodbath.
    And we saw Mayweather serve Marquez on a platter who all but has Pac's number. So you agree that Floyd will win, yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    And we saw Mayweather serve Marquez on a platter who all but has Pac's number. So you agree that Floyd will win, yes?
    Pac fought Marquez twice at their best division (126 and 130). Floyd didn't fight Marquez at 135 which is Juan's best div. And oh. Floyd didn't even make the weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Pac fought Marquez twice at their best division (126 and 130). Floyd didn't fight Marquez at 135 which is Juan's best div. And oh. Floyd didn't even make the weight.
    Blah, blah, blah, your circular thinking doesn't make sense and that's why you didn't answer my question. So Pac is out of his best division and Clottey should beat him because 147 is his best division, yes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Yes we all know that Pacquiao has beaten up bigger guys the past year, but this is 1 fight I don't see Pacquiao winning. Clottey comes in at 170+ pounds on fight night. That's a freaking light heavyweight fighting at welterweight.

Might as well ask how would Pacquiao do against Paul Williams.
    since when has clottey came in aboe 170 ? he was 170 on the night of the corrales fight which was at a contracted weight of 149 lb, and this was fully clothed.... jeans,jacket, shoes the lot

Thread Information