Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Klitschko-Chambers this weekend, anyone else excited?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko-Chambers this weekend, anyone else excited?

I honestly think guys like Brewster, Peters, Ibragimov, Chagaev, CHambers, Brock wouldn't be bad fighters in the heavyweight division in any era. I think they all would have had the potential to make it to the top 10 of any era of boxing, but some of them likes Peters would have had to have been more focused or in the same shape as he was when he faced Wladimir or better.

I think Wladimir gets flack for dominating them, but I honestly don't think very many of the all-time greats would have dominated these guys the same way. Chagaev and Ibrigamov are quick, well schooled, tough boxers. Peters(when he was 240 or less) was quick handed, tough beard, and tough to beat. Chambers has incredibly fast hands and he has a really good guard, but I think he has the same problems Clottey has against top opposition. Brock was an awkward guy like Norton and I think he would have given the boxers of the past a hard time and the sluggers would have destroyed him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its hard to get excited about this fight when youve seen Wvlad box before. He is as exciting to watch as staring at paint dry and his opponent has all the ambition as a man on death row. Chambers just has the look of a Thompson or Johnson who will turn up, try to survive then give up.

Hayes bringing it whoever he fights. He was too cautious vs Valuev but I can forgive 1 boring fight. All Wvlads fights though are boring so until they fight each other I think I might give Saturday night a miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    This is a good matchup.

Rankings of heavyweights I have any interest in

1. Wlad
    2. Eddie Chambers
    3. Povetkin
    4. Haye
    5. Chazz Witherspoon
    6. Albert Sosnowski
    7. Vitali Klitschko

Really that should be spaced out more. I like this matchup but I don't think Eddie will win but he is definitely the most talented guy a Klitschko has faced in a while.

Were you born a retard or did you have a eubank-watson life changing experience??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chambers will find some success even if Vlad wins most rounds. My take is at times he'll get inside the height of Vlad and score, but it won't be often enough to win the fight. The fight should be more exciting than most Vlad fights. I wish it were being shown by american television.

In terms of heavyweights, the next fight I'm actually excited about is the Adamek v. Arreola scrap in April. That should be a slugfest.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In answer to the question - NO -

Noticed Virgin have it on Boxoffice for a tenner, bloody expensive way to get yaself off top sleep if ya ask me
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    This is a good matchup.

Rankings of heavyweights I have any interest in

1. Wlad
    2. Eddie Chambers
    3. Povetkin
    4. Haye
    5. Chazz Witherspoon
    6. Albert Sosnowski
    7. Vitali Klitschko

Really that should be spaced out more. I like this matchup but I don't think Eddie will win but he is definitely the most talented guy a Klitschko has faced in a while.

Were you born a retard or did you have a eubank-watson life changing experience??

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isn't a fight I am all that interested in. As usual I will be pulling for the tubby short underdog and as per usual he will probably lose. But I'm not really bothered either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    This isn't a fight I am all that interested in. As usual I will be pulling for the tubby short underdog and as per usual he will probably lose. But I'm not really bothered either way.

Its such a shame really, adamek-arreola = interesting, haye-ruiz = interesting

Its not eddies fault that the guy he is fighting is just too good for him. Wlad should be designated to a select few fighters ala:haye, povetkin and possibly adamek somewhere down the line

Vitali may as well just retire. He aint ever getting beat by anything around at the moment and all barring a haye overhand right its pretty much a done deal he`ll be retiring with just the 2 on his loss record

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Modern day Heavyweights fighting Super Cruiserweights
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will be about as exciting as a samuel peter-oleg maskaev burger bar eat off

I`ll watch purely for its value to boxing. But im already fully aware of the tiresome script
    I'll only watch if there is a burger bar eat off on the undercard.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to try to watch this and hope for an upset. It's the first Saddoboxing title defense in history..................
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not eddies fault that the guy he is fighting is just too good for him. Wlad should be designated to a select few fighters ala:haye, povetkin and possibly adamek somewhere down the line

Vitali may as well just retire. He aint ever getting beat by anything around at the moment and all barring a haye overhand right its pretty much a done deal he`ll be retiring with just the 2 on his loss record
    Adamek-Arreola should be a fun fight. I'm less interested in Ruiz- Haye because of Ruiz but also Haye's awful Valuev showing.

I would much rather see Haye and Povetkin get the slot next time out. I'm not so sure about Adamek yet, but hopefully he will do well against Arreola and indicate that he can do more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And why on earth are we still seeing John Ruiz in big fights? The fact that this chump is still around tells you everything about the heavyweight division in the 21st century.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And why on earth are we still seeing John Ruiz in big fights? The fact that this chump is still around tells you everything about the heavyweight division in the 21st century.
    Yeah I don't know how he swings it. I don't even know who his promoter is, but that guy has to be one of the best in the business. From 2000-2010 he has fought for major titles every year except 2007 and 2009, when you factor in 5 losses, a draw and a NC (which was originally a loss) in that time, you realize the power of the pen.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek-Arreola should be a fun fight. I'm less interested in Ruiz- Haye because of Ruiz but also Haye's awful Valuev showing.

I would much rather see Haye and Povetkin get the slot next time out. I'm not so sure about Adamek yet, but hopefully he will do well against Arreola and indicate that he can do more.
    the valuev fight was never gonna be anything more than ugly

Neither guy was ever knocking either man out. The rare moments valuev actually let his hands go he felt the power and went back on the defence.

Wont be the same with ruiz. He`ll get in hayes face the whole time and try to make a fight out of it. Haye will inevitably begin to drop his hands and thats when the fun will start to begin.

Haye by TKO round 9/10

Thread Information