Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Respect to the Quiet Man

First - I hate John Ruiz. For years he bored me shitless in shit fights.

Today, I thought he was excellent. And I thought Haye/Ruiz was the best heavyweight fight I've seen in several years.

Ruiz didn't clinch, he came to fight and I thought he fought well considering he was outgunned in terms of speed of both hand and foot.

Haye - his speed will test anybody I think, and I think after another win over a big heavyweight he should get a shot at one of the Klits. I don't think I'd back him, but he couldn't be doing any worse than the American heavyweights out there...

Anyway - John Ruiz, well done tonight. You fought hard and gave us a good show.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Respect to the Quiet Man

Fantana will be devastated.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    First - I hate John Ruiz. For years he bored me shitless in shit fights.

Today, I thought he was excellent. And I thought Haye/Ruiz was the best heavyweight fight I've seen in several years.

Ruiz didn't clinch, he came to fight and I thought he fought well considering he was outgunned in terms of speed of both hand and foot.

Haye - his speed will test anybody I think, and I think after another win over a big heavyweight he should get a shot at one of the Klits. I don't think I'd back him, but he couldn't be doing any worse than the American heavyweights out there...

Anyway - John Ruiz, well done tonight. You fought hard and gave us a good show.
    Absolutely agree. I was going to create a thread along similar lines myself. Ruiz showed incredible heart tonight, particularly getting through that 1st round that would have finished 95% of fighters out there.

The main thing I was thinking throughout & what would have been the title of my thread was that Joshua Clottey, Eddie Chambers & Kevin Johnson could learn a LOT from John Ruiz. I give those guys a bit more of a pass than most for various reasons, but at the end of the day Ruiz was badly dropped & hurt, yet he never stopped coming forward and looking to make a fight of it. That's what we want to see fighters do. If he wants to fight on at a lower level & he's gonna fight like that, I'd watch him again.

It was great to see 2 Heavyweights who really came to fight tonight, and hopefully it continues with Arreola/Adamek. Much respect to these guys.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely credit where credit is due, you gotta think if the corner didn't throw in the towel he'd still be trying to pressure for 12. I mean he had the look of a guy that would rise from the dead to keep coming. It was an entertaining fight, and yeah maybe it will show you can't be a fat, lazy heavyweight anymore, time for everyone to step up their game.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always thought he got...cough cough...a bit of a bad rap .Slice it anyway you want,going 36 tight rounds with Holyfield merits respect and it was not only due to fighting like a soaking wet blanket....said if Haye got him out no more slagging.So yeh...Haye gets mass respect also.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah. Fukk that. No love for his ass. Threw $50 on him hoping it would pay off. It did not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Nah. Fukk that. No love for his ass. Threw $50 on him hoping it would pay off. It did not

You have to love VD... NO SENTIMENTALITY in that man whatsoever...
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big respect to ruiz from the MacMagician for sure. He took some huige shots last night but still kept ploughing forward. He could have laid down and died early. I'm glad he was saved from himself in the end, as I'm sure he would have continued regardless. I would be seriously surprised if any other hevyweights aside from the klits would have still been standing from the beating Haye dished out. Time to retire now Ruiz man...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a notorious Ruiz hater but I gotta say that this time, I like what I saw, he came to fight, no unnecessary clinches, it was a good fight indeed when I was expecting a snore fest. Well done both guys and Ruiz got a notch up in my book.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    Big respect to ruiz from the MacMagician for sure. He took some huige shots last night but still kept ploughing forward. He could have laid down and died early. I'm glad he was saved from himself in the end, as I'm sure he would have continued regardless. I would be seriously surprised if any other hevyweights aside from the klits would have still been standing from the beating Haye dished out. Time to retire now Ruiz man...
    Not saying he would take them shots as he is a defence first fighter but there is no way Wlad would be able to take the shots Haye hit Ruiz with last night. His chin is proven to be quite poor against big hitters especially ones with good hand speed to back it up.

But back to the thread, YES how good was it to see 2 HW's come to fight? Ruiz's chin seemed to get better as the fight went on and the amount of spray that came flying off his head from my almost ringside view time after time just showed how hard Haye was hitting him. Yet there was not one negative thing in the Ruiz performance. In fact the only person who did clinch during the whole fight was Haye when he was backed up against the ropes. Ruiz gets big repect and it's a good way for him to go out of the sport! I don't see anywhere else for him now unless he does it for the love of the sport as I don't see him getting another title shot, then again he is two time WBA champ which seems to get him a lifetime of rematches lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Not saying he would take them shots as he is a defence first fighter but there is no way Wlad would be able to take the shots Haye hit Ruiz with last night. His chin is proven to be quite poor against big hitters especially ones with good hand speed to back it up.

But back to the thread, YES how good was it to see 2 HW's come to fight? Ruiz's chin seemed to get better as the fight went on and the amount of spray that came flying off his head from my almost ringside view time after time just showed how hard Haye was hitting him. Yet there was not one negative thing in the Ruiz performance. In fact the only person who did clinch during the whole fight was Haye when he was backed up against the ropes. Ruiz gets big repect and it's a good way for him to go out of the sport! I don't see anywhere else for him now unless he does it for the love of the sport as I don't see him getting another title shot, then again he is two time WBA champ which seems to get him a lifetime of rematches lol.
    well said. ruiz came out out of this fight with more credit than a lot of his wins. he was simply outgunned and outsped. haye is the only threat to the Klitschkos. hes a breath of fresh air in the division but the 2 brothers is an entirely different fight again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LBSCFC View Post

well said. ruiz came out out of this fight with more credit than a lot of his wins. he was simply outgunned and outsped. haye is the only threat to the Klitschkos. hes a breath of fresh air in the division but the 2 brothers is an entirely different fight again
    Without doubt, there is no way Haye can use the same tactics he used last night against the Klits, he was too open to the jab and was bouncing into Ruiz off the ropes. But i think a lot of that was down to lack of sparring.

IMO beating both Klits will involve two entirley different game plans, but there is a new maturity to Haye these days and I think (aswell as hope) he will be able to pull it off.

Also gotta give some respect to Booth, he is starting to show he is a good tactician!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beat me to it - There is no way Wlad after being dropped like that by Haye would have survived and if by some chance he did survive, he would have been on his bike the rest of the way throwing jabs exclusively.

I've only seen round 1 and 9 but it looked like a great fight. Ruiz was coming forward in round 9 just as he was in round 1! Really impressed with Haye's power up at heavy but I'm still concerned with how low he keeps his left hand. I don't think he's the hardest guy to hit either despite his good movement.

If guys like Wlad or Vitali catch him with a shot, it's goodnight! Then again, it's brought him this far, I doubt he can change it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Beat me to it - There is no way Wlad after being dropped like that by Haye would have survived and if by some chance he did survive, he would have been on his bike the rest of the way throwing jabs exclusively.

I've only seen round 1 and 9 but it looked like a great fight. Ruiz was coming forward in round 9 just as he was in round 1! Really impressed with Haye's power up at heavy but I'm still concerned with how low he keeps his left hand. I don't think he's the hardest guy to hit either despite his good movement.

If guys like Wlad or Vitali catch him with a shot, it's goodnight! Then again, it's brought him this far, I doubt he can change it now.
    He has a punchers chance against Wlad and Vitali,Vitali has an iron chin but is getting old,and his speed will cause problems but both Wlad and Vitali are huge compared to Haye i see Haye been hit with the jab alot then the straight right coming over Haye's low left arm and ko'ing him.

Was impressed with Haye his punch power has carried to heavweight well but he does seem to easy to hit imo.

Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Ruiz was acting too much about the punches on the back of the head and if the ref was listening to him I am sure he would have faked being hurt so that he could win the title. That was the only way he was going to win that fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information