Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Burns to defend his world title against Nicky Cook

Ricky is defending his WBO Super-featherweight title against Nicky Cook on 16th July.

The same Nicky Cook who has fought twice in two years and lost his title when he got demolished by Roman Martinez.

Frank Warren sorting out his own as usual.

Not a fan of Ricky Burns at all.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Burns to defend his world title against Nicky Cook

I like Burns He has stuck at it and it has paid off. Sure he is not up there with the elite of the game but he is always fit and gives 100% . I think he'll stop Cook.

If he wins he wants Fana for the IBF, who was knocked out by Barrera 6 years ago in 2 and who has also fought twice in 2 years. He'll have 2 belts then if he wins and Warren can try and cash him in for a big name fight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Burns will beat Cook with ease and it's probably my wishful thinking but I'd love to see him face Takashi Uchiyama in a unification bout or take on of these young guns like Argenis Mendez...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

should be a walk in the park for Burns, i'm hopking Rocky Martinez gets his shit together and gets a rematch, that was a hell of a fight

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    should be a walk in the park for Burns, i'm hopking Rocky Martinez gets his shit together and gets a rematch, that was a hell of a fight
    I was disappointed that Martinez/ Luis Cruz fell out cuz that should have been a war. I think Martinez should honor his fight with Cruz before facing anyone else.. Cruz would knock him out BTW..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I was disappointed that Martinez/ Luis Cruz fell out cuz that should have been a war. I think Martinez should honor his fight with Cruz before facing anyone else.. Cruz would knock him out BTW..
    i was actually glad that the fight didn't happen, i like both guys although IMO Martinez is a bit one dimensional, but i say he has the edge in power out of the two, but Cruz has better overall boxing ability, i would like to see him in a rematch against Burns and i'm still iffy whether he'll win it or not

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was actually glad that the fight didn't happen, i like both guys although IMO Martinez is a bit one dimensional, but i say he has the edge in power out of the two, but Cruz has better overall boxing ability, i would like to see him in a rematch against Burns and i'm still iffy whether he'll win it or not
    True, Martinez is tough but very limited and I dont think he'll have much success in the Burns rematch..
    What makes you say that he's the harder puncher though? Cruz always struck me as the superior puncher but maybe i missed something.. I have big hopes for Cruz BTW..

Cruz VS Argenis Mendez: in your opinion, who has more potential and who wins H2H?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, Martinez is tough but very limited and I dont think he'll have much success in the Burns rematch..
    What makes you say that he's the harder puncher though? Cruz always struck me as the superior puncher but maybe i missed something.. I have big hopes for Cruz BTW..

Cruz VS Argenis Mendez: in your opinion, who has more potential and who wins H2H?
    Martinez has sparked quality opposition in Cook and he had Burns plenty hurt, Cruz barely put a dent in his last opponent who really wasn't a world beater, as for Mendez well in all honesty not really to familiar with the guy so couldn't really give you an honest opinion

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep it in the family Warren , another case of Wank Warren peddling bullshit as WORLD title fights.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez has sparked quality opposition in Cook and he had Burns plenty hurt, Cruz barely put a dent in his last opponent who really wasn't a world beater, as for Mendez well in all honesty not really to familiar with the guy so couldn't really give you an honest opinion
    Point taken, but, I think you're underestimating Honorio big time bro and I couldnt disagree more about your world beater comment. MArtin Honorio has shown a solid chin throughout his career besides that one time when he got caught cold by Roberto Guerrero in the first round. He's a known spoiler with upset victories over an undefeated Steven Luevano and John Molina so a guy like him can be a nightmare for green fighters such as Cruz..

I knew Honorio was going to give him some problems and I know lot of people who even picked him to win,but, for an inexperienced fighter like Cruz, I think he did pretty well. One can't knockout everybody regardless of how hard they punch especially against a savy veteran like Honorio.. Just my opinion..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why is nicky cook a bullshit world title fight?

he is a good fighter, was a world champ, was beating martinez for 4 rounds who was regarded as the best in the division after that

i think its a tough test for burns, burns did a good job on martinez but compare the first 4 of both cooks and burns fights with martinez and cook was doing a better job

im not sure burns has the power to stop him either

i think its a close fight and without the inactivity id of said 50/50
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    I like Burns He has stuck at it and it has paid off. Sure he is not up there with the elite of the game but he is always fit and gives 100% . I think he'll stop Cook.

If he wins he wants Fana for the IBF, who was knocked out by Barrera 6 years ago in 2 and who has also fought twice in 2 years. He'll have 2 belts then if he wins and Warren can try and cash him in for a big name fight.
    Fana's been stripped of the IBF title for pulling out of the fight with his mandatory Argenis Mendez.

I think most of us saw these kinds of fights for Burns when he beat Martinez. They'll give him a few easy defences, let him milk having an alphabet title and then cash out in a unification fight. Cook's an underwhelming opponent, I don't think he's even ranked by the WBO is he? I like Burns but after taking an "easy" fight against Laryea he really should be looking a bit higher than Nicky Cook

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Burns still works in a sports shop. He's a powderpuff puncher and the second he meets a genuine decent guy he's funked.

No it's not a world-class match but it should be a fairly even one.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post

Fana's been stripped of the IBF title for pulling out of the fight with his mandatory Argenis Mendez.

I think most of us saw these kinds of fights for Burns when he beat Martinez. They'll give him a few easy defences, let him milk having an alphabet title and then cash out in a unification fight. Cook's an underwhelming opponent, I don't think he's even ranked by the WBO is he? I like Burns but after taking an "easy" fight against Laryea he really should be looking a bit higher than Nicky Cook
    Cheers for that info

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren is the Arum of Britain, keep it in the family and his stable of boxers so as not to lose control, with WBO (Warren Boxing Organisation) in his pocket. Burns is the our Maliggnagi but without the verbal crap and more humble boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information