0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: They just killed boxing....

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What the fuck just happened !?

Bob Arum and the mob just robbed Pacquaio after he won every round, but one.

Beyond belief.

Considering the high profile nature of the bout it is the worst decision I have ever witnessed.

Oh Hulk, not this, from you

Dear oh dear... There have been far worse decisions than this.
    It seems that you are acknowledging here that bad decisions had been made in boxing. How come you don't seem to acknowledge in the other threads the probability that a bad decision may have happened in this fight?
    Probably because of the way the people moaning about it are doing it in an insane, rabid way, making it seem even more ridiculous. There have been bad decisions, I watched Pacquiaos last fight and that was a robbery but there wasnt the shit there is now and with Mannys history of nutter fans who went beserk at the thought he is cheating with the lack of testing, I believe its those very same fans who are insanely starting thoisands of threads and stupid petitions and even hailing the death of boxing!

Ridiculous!

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As with any post-fight reaction, the people who are "moaning" about the decision can be divided into several groups:

• The ones who didn't much care who won, but still feel it was a lousy decision, which further hurts the overall image of boxing.
    • The blind Pac fans who will moan about any decision that doesn't go his way.
    • The bitchy fans who complain about any decision regarding any fighter.
    To ignore the fact that not all people are complaining for the same reason, is ludicrous.
    For the record, I am part of the first group.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont buy any of that. Its all Pac fans or those with vested financial interests in a Mayweather bout.

You yourself have 5 topics you created on the first page of this forum, all related to this one fight!

I dont remember the same for the Marquez fight?

For some reason, those who think themselves, level headed and not a pac fan, find this fight more outrageous than the Marquez fight which is just not the case.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont buy any of that. Its all Pac fans or those with vested financial interests in a Mayweather bout.

You yourself have 5 topics you created on the first page of this forum, all related to this one fight!

I dont remember the same for the Marquez fight?

For some reason, those who think themselves, level headed and not a pac fan, find this fight more outrageous than the Marquez fight which is just not the case.

I don't expect or need you to buy it. Why change your "reasoning" patterns now? And why drag the Marquez fight into it? Sure, it was extremely questionable. But maybe I just wasn't as available to "create 5 topics" as you put it. Does that make this fight any less a robbery? So according to your warped logic.... I didn't make 5 threads about the Marquez fight, so I have no right to express outrage over what I thought was a clear robbery on Saturday night? Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe we're just suffering the cummulative effect of not just one, but SEVERAL questionable fight decisions lately?

BTW, "level-headedness" is not something anyone will ever accuse you of.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two multimillionaire spoiled primadonnas could not get it done for 50 million dollars each but this outcome killed the sport.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what's truly sad? It's that they didn't kill boxing. People will complain but still buy their next PPV, that's the real sadness of it all; They'll escape it hands down and the money will still kick in. That, my friends, is another brick in the wall of boxing tragedies that makes our sport look less and less credible year after year.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beyond belief.

Considering the high profile nature of the bout it is the worst decision I have ever witnessed.

It seems that you are acknowledging here that bad decisions had been made in boxing. How come you don't seem to acknowledge in the other threads the probability that a bad decision may have happened in this fight?
    Probably because of the way the people moaning about it are doing it in an insane, rabid way, making it seem even more ridiculous. There have been bad decisions, I watched Pacquiaos last fight and that was a robbery but there wasnt the shit there is now and with Mannys history of nutter fans who went beserk at the thought he is cheating with the lack of testing, I believe its those very same fans who are insanely starting thoisands of threads and stupid petitions and even hailing the death of boxing!

Ridiculous!
    It should not matter as to how people react to it. It's either the Pacquiao-Bradley fight is a bad decision or it isn't?

If you call the Pacquiao-Marquez III fight a robbery because about 65% of the people think that Marquez won, what do you call Pacquiao's last fight when 90% think that Manny won?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ridiculous!
    And maybe you can tell us who of Manny's nutter fans started thousands of threads. Don't include TitoFan in here because he isn't one of them. There had been a number of times that he was critical of Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ridiculous!
    And maybe you can tell us who of Manny's nutter fans started thousands of threads. Don't include TitoFan in here because he isn't one of them. There had been a number of times that he was critical of Pacquiao.
    I havent bothered looking but I wouldnt mind betting that titofan has started the most threads on the first page and they all relate to this absolute travesty

Edit,
    Actually, there is 6 threads on this one fight that only happened a couple of says ago by titofan...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...on-fair-4.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ubox-shit.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...decisions.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...more-time.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ley-fight.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ut-i-cant.html
    Last edited by ross; 06-12-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I found another thread about Pacquiuao losing by titofan

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beyond belief.

Ridiculous!
    It should not matter as to how people react to it. It's either the Pacquiao-Bradley fight is a bad decision or it isn't?

If you call the Pacquiao-Marquez III fight a robbery because about 65% of the people think that Marquez won, what do you call Pacquiao's last fight when 90% think that Manny won?

Don't bother, bro. Ross won't be bothered with facts like that. He prefers to slam those who dare say that THIS particular fight was a robbery. Never mind the 90% who disagree with him.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ridiculous!
    I havent bothered looking but I wouldnt mind betting that titofan has started the most threads on the first page and they all relate to this absolute travesty

Edit,
    Actually, there is 6 threads on this one fight that only happened a couple of says ago by titofan...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...on-fair-4.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ubox-shit.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...decisions.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...more-time.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ley-fight.html
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ut-i-cant.html

Yes... and out of those 6,

The second one was a direct response to critiques about CompuBox. Every controversial fight, someone brings out the old song and dance that CompuBox is shit. My point is: It's all we have, and normally it works pretty damn good. If someone else has a more brilliant idea, they should just share it with us all.

The fourth one was a direct response to the tired, old line about bad decisions being part of the game. I feel that is a defeatist attitude, and I thought it was worth a thread.

The fifth one was a poll... hardly an uncommon occurence that someone here would post a poll after a controversial decision. So in actuality I only started 3 threads with the purpose of bitching about the decision itself.

Your attempts to lump me in with what you consider Pac hut-huggers is laughable... and you know it. And finally, I couldn't help noticing how you conveniently ignored my previous post, where I asked you point-blank "what does Pac-Marquez have to do with Pac-Bradley being a shitty decision", and where I pointed out that part of the outrage after this fight may be due to the cummulative effect of recent bad decisions on big, televised fights.

But then I didn't expect an answer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing will never be killed as theres too much talent out there keeping it alive. Keep supporting it and respect the judges decision. They were at ringside and scored the fight.
    Pac has another chance to rectify the situation if the rematch occurs but bradley will be stronger and box earlier.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan... You are obsessed by this decision.

Six fucking threads!!!

You are mental by this decision being in your opinion poor but didnt do the same over another poor decision with Marquez. Thats because you are a Pac fan

The reason there is a massive outcry over this decision is because Pacquiao has the most naive, mental, obsessed "fans" out of any boxer ever! Other fighters fans have a moan but get over it and move on. Pacquiao fans declare the death of boxing and start petitions to overturn the result and flood forums with various related threads...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That was an excellent post, SRR. And I have no qualms with your opinion that Manny didn't seem to want it, while Bradley was "salivating" at the shot, as you well put it. And I can understand the point about judges being human beings and being put off by attitude. You could've also added that Pacquiao didn't do himself any favors when he stupidly kept the public and his opponent waiting while he finished watching a basketball game. That in itself can be interpreted as insulting to that public and to Bradley.

But beyond that, we part company. A boxing match is supposed to be judged on results, not on attitude or even desire. If a "half-assed" Manny still fought more effectively than a "full-bore" Bradley, then the judges should have awarded him the decision. This isn't grade school, where they give you an "A" for effort. Or an elementary school field day, where they give out "participation" trophies. This is a professional boxing match, where results are the only things that matter.

I myself think Manny's on a downswing. His mind seems to be on other things now. I didn't exactly appreciate his reaction to the judges decision. It's one thing to be religious, and it's another to drain all the raw emotion out of your body in a championship fight. Meanwhile, Bradley was again, as you said, "salivating."

But still, to me and apparently to a vast majority of observers, a 75% Pacquiao was still better on that night than a 110% Bradley.
    Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not condoning the awarding of a decision based on these factors, all I'm saying is that people should understand that Manny, in many ways, brought this on himself. This is in stark contrast to Marquez, who boxed beautifully 3 times against PAC, showed great heart, and on at least two occasions did not get the result he deserved. To me that is far more of an injustice. Ironically, in the fights against Marquez PAC got the benefit of the doubt due to his all-action style (and, no doubt, the PR/unsavoury reasons we won't get into) and the perception of him as the aggressor in the fight. Particularly in the third fight, the two words that are perhaps most appropriate in summation of Manny's performance are 'ineffective aggression', and in the Bradley fight he didn't even really do that, but ironically Bradley often looked the better fighter because he boxed by the book - not to effect, but as I said, the judges are only human. I have not boxed professionally, but I have been involved in competitive martial arts and, as a predominantly defensive fighter I am used to getting shafted on decisions due to the other guy being the 'aggressor'. Of course this is not fair, but it is something you have to accept if you want to participate. In an ideal world the judges would be hawk-eyed and make their decisions based purely on the punches landed, but we don't live in an ideal world. And PAC knows that. Therefore he has no one to blame but himself really. It's unfair, but if he had put in a more dominant and disciplined performance then he would probably have won. We all know boxing is not perfect, particularly with regards to the officiating, but fights are there to be won, and Manny showed little initiative in this fight. Perhaps I came across a bit too strongly in my original post and gave the impression that I thought it was ok for this to happen - I don't think that. It's never nice when someone doesn't get a decision that they should. However, what really irritates me is the level of hysteria generated by Pac apparently being robbed of a decision when, as I said, far more deserving fighters have been robbed in the past. If anyone ever deserved not to be given the decision, it was Pacquiao. There is a very distinct sense of karma surrounding this decision, as some have already mentioned.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan... You are obsessed by this decision.

Six fucking threads!!!

You are mental by this decision being in your opinion poor but didnt do the same over another poor decision with Marquez. Thats because you are a Pac fan

The reason there is a massive outcry over this decision is because Pacquiao has the most naive, mental, obsessed "fans" out of any boxer ever! Other fighters fans have a moan but get over it and move on. Pacquiao fans declare the death of boxing and start petitions to overturn the result and flood forums with various related threads...

That's right. Keep ignoring the facts I've used to respond to your moronic lunacy.
    Par for the course for ol' ross.

Thread Information